Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am thinking to get Katzkin Leather and Heated seats by Winter this year. Can you show me where the Heated and Cooled Switches are set up? Is that on the Dash below the Air con Controls? A pic would be great.
If you look at the 6th pic down in my OP you can see the switch installed on the side of the seat next to the seat adjustment controls.

Edit: I found it. Bottom right hand corner of the first pic. Next two pics show it clicked on heat and cold (red/blue). 3 levels/clicks for each: Off > level 3 > 2 > 1 > Off.
Ford Bronco Katzkin Leather Covers w/ Cooled & Heated Seats install E1484D6C-1D29-4109-B9A7-F822551C97BD_1_105_c

Ford Bronco Katzkin Leather Covers w/ Cooled & Heated Seats install 38CFDE5B-C51B-40CF-AED0-1FA30A308B35_1_105_c

Ford Bronco Katzkin Leather Covers w/ Cooled & Heated Seats install 3938AEDA-23E9-449A-BA15-F8C4221461EA_1_105_c
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So even if yours doesn't come with cup holders you can still hang a cup holder off the molle panel on the back of the seat. If not that then IAG is coming out with a cupholder that mounts to the back of the center console.
Just for clarification, the Katzkin seats add "traditional" pockets on the back of the front seats and get rid of the molle panel. I'll try to remember to take a pic tomorrow. I should have highlighted that.

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Would be interested in just cooling my MGV seats, don't care about leather. Is that an option?
Nope. Katzkin told me the electronics for the heat/cooling come in one unit. I asked the same thing bc I just figured the stock heated seat button would still work. The button still lights up, but the heating no longer works. I'm assuming they use that factory power connection that goes to the factory heating element and plug it into their heat/cooling unit. But that's a guess.

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same with my WT built mid April ‘22 - no cup holder insert.
I cannot believe you have your truck already from a mid April build lol. I was 1/24 build with a mid May deliver. 🤦

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Please let us know if the cooled seats make a big difference on a hot day. I was going to have it installed but the shop told me that it really is just a fan blowing air from inside the car (behind or under the seat) so it really doesn't do much vs the cost. I thought it somehow connected to the AC vent but he said no it just blows the current air from inside the vehicle. I ended up selling my Katzkin kit and kept cloth for now but might do leather if the cooled seats make a huge difference.
Hard to say just yet. I roam GA and DC, so the real fitness test will be in August when being outside feels like walking through a wall of water with the humidity. Right now, it's low to mid 70's, and with the AC set at 1 or 2 I have to turn the seat cooler down from lvl 3 to lvl 1 after about 10min because my jewels start turning to ice. It's a great sign, but like I said, August will be the real test. I'm interested to see how they perform with the roof off as well.

Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you look at the 6th pic down in my OP you can see the switch installed on the side of the seat next to the seat adjustment controls.

Edit: I found it. Bottom right hand corner of the first pic. Next two pics show it clicked on heat and cold (red/blue). 3 levels/clicks for each: Off > level 3 > 2 > 1 > Off.
Ford Bronco Katzkin Leather Covers w/ Cooled & Heated Seats install 3938AEDA-23E9-449A-BA15-F8C4221461EA_1_105_c

Thank you. But dont you think if you want to change the setting while the car is on the move and the door is closed you would not know on which level setting it is set to and hard to see it? I hope that switch could have been installed in the eye view?

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you. But dont you think if you want to change the setting while the car is on the move and the door is closed you would not know on which level setting it is set to and hard to see it? I hope that switch could have been installed in the eye view?
It’s just 3-2-1. Im not that old! 😂 And you can see the lights glow. 🤷🏻

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s just 3-2-1. Im not that old! 😂 And you can see the lights glow. 🤷🏻
I am not old either, but my passengers are 10 year old's so I could help them whenever that seat is occupied. Without having to go back and forth :)

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am not old either, but my passengers are 10 year old's so I could help them whenever that seat is occupied. Without having to go back and forth :)
That's fair. In all honesty, I picked my Bronco up out of state and just had to trust their install instincts - and I'm fine with it. But it would be cool to see if someone could come up with a retro fit to the existing factory buttons. But I'm not sure how that would work with both cool and heat.

PiggyPop

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How did they attach the leather to the rear seats? Does it affect folding them down?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How did they attach the leather to the rear seats? Does it affect folding them down?
They are covers, just like the factory cloth. Factory cloth just gets pulled off and the new leather covers are put on. Seats fold down just like they would from the factory.

Bigfuzzy17

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, BMW 428i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I imagine all dealers and installers set various pricing, especially for the install; however, it seems like most posts for single-tone, simple unheated Katkins were reported to be $1699 total, including installation. Has anyone experienced prices closer to $1699?

Skott

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I imagine all dealers and installers set various pricing, especially for the install; however, it seems like most posts for single-tone, simple unheated Katkins were reported to be $1699 total, including installation. Has anyone experienced prices closer to $1699?
My quote for 4-door, WildTrak, single-tone, Katzkin was $1999, and $2299 for custom colors, and an additional $1500 for heating/cooling option. Those include install.

Found a connection online who sells them for much cheaper. Just deciding if I can install myself, or pay a local installer to do them for me.

Samsam315

Wildtrak
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the same Katzkin degree heated cooled leather installed but had the installer place the switches in the center console next to the mirror controls. So, it is an option to move the switches as my backup location was going to be in the center dash by the wireless charging pad.
Ford Bronco Katzkin Leather Covers w/ Cooled & Heated Seats install 2C05E2DF-2507-482C-AAEE-FC70580B86E4

Samsam315

Wildtrak
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
FYI- The various shades of black also blend much better in person. The photo makes it look like the switches and center console cover don’t match.
Sponsored

Last edited: