Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Made these out of stainless tubing, the stock ford ones suck and are ugly the look like something off a Nissan exterra
Ford Bronco Kayak roof rack bronco 2022 20220818_150523
Sponsored

Stumpy

Black Diamond
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, Black Diamon, 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Made these out of stainless tubing, the stock ford ones suck and are ugly the look like something off a Nissan exterra
Ford Bronco Kayak roof rack bronco 2022 20220818_150523
Would you mind posting more pictures of this? I may do my best to replicate.

taconic41

Black Diamond
First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond, Sasquatch, 7MT, Race Red.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here's ours. Factory roof rails, Yakima Timberline Towers with 66 inch long round bars, hard foam V cradles, NRS straps. The sand dollar things on the front bars are the Yakima EVO Boatloaders. We can put 2 boats, 12 foot long, 49#, Pungo 120's on the long bars.

20220902_090841.jpg

Geoff

Outer Banks
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I visited this forum to find advice on how to get two kayaks up on the roof of my new 2023 Bronco. When driving my previous vehicle, a 2014 Subaru Outback, I used Malone SeaWing racks. These work well if the extension comes to the rear edge of the roof and if the overall height is not large. On the Outback I could lift one end of the kayak up to the rack extension and then slide the kayak up on the roof. With the Bronco, the rear crossbar is too far forward and the overall height too much. Lifting up one end of the kayak and then pushing it forward on to the rack would mean sliding the boat on the rear edge of the Bronco. I did not want to do that.

With looking at some of the posts here I have found a solution using a Yakima LongArm set in the Bronco hitch. This acts as a ramp along which I slide the kayak up to the Malone rack on the roof. I have the slide out “tailgate” option and with that I can stand with the roof close to shoulder height and finish dragging the kayak into place.

Note to use the tailgate I need the rear door open and then have to remove the LongArm and stow it in the Bronco. The installing and removing the LongArm at both ends of a trip adds some time but I am not damaging the Bronco roof.

Ford Bronco Kayak roof rack bronco 2022 1692025727113

Sponsored

JackFlack

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's ours. Factory roof rails, Yakima Timberline Towers with 66 inch long round bars, hard foam V cradles, NRS straps. The sand dollar things on the front bars are the Yakima EVO Boatloaders. We can put 2 boats, 12 foot long, 49#, Pungo 120's on the long bars.

Hate to resurrect an old thread, but we're considering kayaks and this is the best solution I've seen so far. One question I can't find the answer to. How much weight can the factory roof rails support? The ford site doesn't give *any* technical details on load ratings.

taconic41

Black Diamond
First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond, Sasquatch, 7MT, Race Red.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
110 pounds, not much. 2 Pungos are 98 pounds, so not much more capacity left.

JackFlack

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
110 pounds, not much. 2 Pungos are 98 pounds, so not much more capacity left.
Wow! that surprises me that it is so little. Many of the kayaks that we are looking at are around 60 pounds or so, which means that we couldn't carry two on that roof mount. I guess we'll need to keep looking for a solution.
Sponsored