Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't super hate them but there are a few problems.

You may as well kiss your doors goodbye if you drive a gravel road. Absolutely no rock chip protection.

I think they'd look a lot better if they were truly like the flares from an EB, where you had to take the Sawsall and cut the fender back then drill 47,000 holes for rivets. The whole D shape for a round fender doesn't look great in my opinion.

Why so glossy? Doesn't match any of the other trim, they really look out of place.
Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

best ones to date! feel like the following needs addressed, or maybe it's just early prototype things.
  1. the side view. the biggest problem is coming up with a solution to hide or make the circle > square conversion underneath looks good. maybe it's an insert or something else. this does a good job, not sure you can do anything else beyond adv.
  2. the plastic does not look like oem and appears to be shiny. we need it match the rest of the dull grey trim and easy to stain.
  3. width. just match oem specs/options. everyone planned around that with wheels etc.
i have hope for these and maybe my concerns are overblown. going to wait and see how they turn out on a few broncos first. still interested!

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
They look pretty good but are too narrow for my taste. Rocks and pebbles will be thrown all over the body. Agree they should be a little wider.

Sponsored

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

LOVE that they are more narrow - Im looking for a "mini-flare" to keep my tires almost 100% inboard of the body.
IMO these could be even more narrow. They are 2.5" wide, stock is 3" wide - IMO 1.5" wide would be ideal.
Everyone is going WIDE - I hope more narrow options come out

Screenshot-2020-07-01-15.14.18.png

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

LOVE that they are more narrow - Im looking for a "mini-flare" to keep my tires almost 100% inboard of the body.
IMO these could be even more narrow. They are 2.5" wide, stock is 3" wide - IMO 1.5" wide would be ideal.
Everyone is going WIDE - I hope more narrow options come out

Ford Bronco KBD fender flares Screenshot-2020-07-01-15.14.18
i guess but then you are going to have alot of tire poke unless you mount bike tires, no?

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

me too but if you go with a 10.5-11.5 and an aftermarket wheel with between 0 and +20, and you lose an inch on the flare - you are talking some significant poke even with a skinnier tire. I suppose if you keep the factory wheels it is less of an issue, but anytime a fender flare has less coverage than OEM, you have poke to one degree or another, even with skinnies.

Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was going to run spacers with my stock Black Diamond wheels for a while. But I like the idea of these better. I'd rather not run spacers if I can get a similar result with these and a slightly more aggressive tire.
Sponsored