Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If any one around the D gets a set and needs a hand. Let me know. Always down to help out.
Sponsored

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you have to cut the exhaust or was just the easiest way to get it done? Looking at these. How’s the spool and sound now?

Bronco-saurs

Outer Banks
First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer / 2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If any one around the D gets a set and needs a hand. Let me know. Always down to help out.
I'm looking at doing this for the 2.7l. Although I'm also adding a Borla atak exhaust to it. Definitely would like a helping hand at some point.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have to cut the exhaust or was just the easiest way to get it done? Looking at these. How’s the spool and sound now?
Looks like if you took off the 3 cross bars, the transfer skid and front bolts in the gas tank skid in should come out. No instructions from Spd yet. I was concerned if I pulled all cross bars out of the middle I may not get them lined up again. Not planning of reusing the oem I cut it and will scrap the cats.

Sound, you can hear her breathing now. Can here some spool down on blow off. It’s way deeper on idle and normal cruise. Less noise in the cab. She’s gets loud when you get in the pedal.

Spools real responsive. Can manipulate it with the pedal for loading. Id say it’s damn near instant but in reality little over twice as fast for the power to come on. Real easy to load some boost before kicking down.

JKommuter

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
well see if any other people have had them ship yet? Still waiting for any updates on my order currently.
I got a shipping notification on mine today. UPS and I'm in CA so they should be here in a day or two.

Sponsored

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone receive theirs yet? ETA on my set is this Friday. I'm trying to get instructions sent so I can be poised and ready when the truck drops them off.
Ford Bronco KBD fender flares giphy

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK, so hopefully everyone can learn from my experience so far. I rushed into this project and really wish I had taken my time and thought more about what I really wanted in the end. I ended up getting one front and rear flare installed, then pulled them off because I really should have held them up temporarily to see where my CO paint shined through, stepped back and thought twice before ripping off the tape backing. In a sad attempt at hiding some of the orange fender edge on the front, I ended up installing the flare too low to where there was a gap at the top and bottom (see the circled red areas). Luckily the tape is the clear type that pulls off without tearing or leaving anything behind - I will have to get more of that for reinstall.

Overall they have the look I want with the compromises I expect, but I am going to wait until Spring to reinstall, taking the time to prep and paint my fender edges black. The front will fit much better sitting at the correct height, and the black paint will hide my CO fender edges. Also worth noting is that these flares have the appearance of a lift with extra clearance (1 1/2"), and I'm sure that anyone running a setup with poke would indeed get more clearance to the edge of these flares under the right flex conditions.

Some comparison pics:

Ford Bronco KBD fender flares KBD Comparison 01

Ford Bronco KBD fender flares KBD Comparison 02

I included the EB as it inspired me wanting this style fender flare and keeping them black:

Ford Bronco KBD fender flares KBD Comparison 03

Ford Bronco KBD fender flares KBD Comparison 04

Last edited:

HPR Fangirl

Wildtrak
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Honda Odyssey, 1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They do look really good. Definitely some prep needed for a finished look. This is helpful though. Thanks for the clear pictures.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OK, so hopefully everyone can learn from my experience so far. I rushed into this project and really wish I had taken my time and thought more about what I really wanted in the end. I ended up getting one front and rear flare installed, then pulled them off because I really should have held them up temporarily to see where my CO paint shined through, stepped back and thought twice before ripping off the tape backing. In a sad attempt at hiding some of the orange fender edge on the front, I ended up installing the flare too low to where there was a gap at the top and bottom (see the circled red areas). Luckily the tape is the clear type that pulls off without tearing or leaving anything behind - I will have to get more of that for reinstall.

Overall they have the look I want with the compromises I expect, but I am going to wait until Spring to reinstall, taking the time to prep and paint my fender edges black. The front will fit much better sitting at the correct height, and the black paint will hide my CO fender edges. Also worth noting is that these flares have the appearance of a lift with extra clearance (1 1/2"), and I'm sure that anyone running a setup with poke would indeed get more clearance to the edge of these flares under the right flex conditions.

Some comparison pics:

I included the EB as it inspired me wanting this style fender flare and keeping them black:
Is tape the only thing that holds them on?
I assumed they used the factory mounting mechanism.

Sponsored

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is tape the only thing that holds them on?
I assumed they used the factory mounting mechanism.
The rear use factory bolts and one QD takeoff from a stock flare. The front use some included push in plastic nuts, into holes already in the fender, then included screws.. The tape is used along the top and lower wrapped corners.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its too bad these aren't wider. Most aftermarket wheels have a closer to 0 offset and these flares are going to make it worse. In addition they need to add some of the old style rivets to the outside of the flares like the old ones.