Sponsored

Keep seeing post on possible price increases for MY22.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

To me that makes no sense. Good luck explaining to your customers that after they ordered their vehicle and agreed on a price that they decided they couldn’t build it in time so now they have to pay more. I know GM did it with corvette owners but it doesn’t mean it’s acceptable.

The consumer in me wants Ford to honor what they have said. The realist knows they’ll do whatever they want because they’re a business and they don’t actually give a shit about you.
Let me split the hairs
When we signed up for the Bronco the first time, that was to reserve a vehicle, the next time we give Ford our final trim and options, then Ford will call that an order. I do expect Ford to increase prices some, but they better not be significant increases.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nope, New year new prices. Every manufacturer raise their year to year prices which are usually somewhere between $300-$500.
Exact-da-mundo there Dave. And Ford has invented a way to raise the price even more without anyone knowing. For ex. With the Ranger in 2020 you could get the Ford-360 package for the XL/STX trim that included all the sensor do-dads along with the 110 outlet, and reverse sensors at a cost of $635. In 2021 you get the the Ford-360 package for the XL/STX trim with the blind spot, cross traffic sensors at the same price, $635. But, they moved the 110 outlet, and the reverse sensors to stand along options that will cost you approx. $375 if you check both boxes. Oh yeah babe, it's a profit deal....sneaky bastards. :)

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To me that makes no sense. Good luck explaining to your customers that after they ordered their vehicle and agreed on a price that they decided they couldn’t build it in time so now they have to pay more. I know GM did it with corvette owners but it doesn’t mean it’s acceptable.

The consumer in me wants Ford to honor what they have said. The realist knows they’ll do whatever they want because they’re a business and they don’t actually give a shit about you.
Agreeing on a price with the dealer is one thing. They end up eating the loss if Ford raises prices. They've already had a small increase on the Sport and those have just started showing up at dealers.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let me split the hairs
When we signed up for the Bronco the first time, that was to reserve a vehicle, the next time we give Ford our final trim and options, then Ford will call that an order. I do expect Ford to increase prices some, but they better not be significant increases.
Splitting hairs is fine. But, when we first signed up to reserve a vehicle we were told we were reserving a 2021 Bronco and given that pricing. Then they announced some cars might be pushed into 2022 but be 2021’s. Then they gave us the B&P which confirmed the pricing on the vehicle and the packages. Then they said you might not get a 2021, it might get pushed to MY 2022 and then they just delayed it into oblivion now. All while giving us 2021 pricing and options. Hell the website said 2021 Bronco for a long time after they even said it!

I’m playing devils advocate here because there is a very large case to be made against Ford here regarding the way this has unfolded. Do I expect a price increase? Yes. Will I be happy? Let’s just say I’m less than thrilled at the idea of being charged more for something through no fault of my own.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreeing on a price with the dealer is one thing. They end up eating the loss if Ford raises prices. They've already had a small increase on the Sport and those have just started showing up at dealers.
Oh for sure, I get that. I get the reasoning, I understand how it works. None of that changes how I personally feel as a consumer though lol. I signed up for a 2021 Bronco and Ford failed to deliver. They can kiss my ass with their price increase ?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely will go up. The '21 Bronco I have on reservation is going up daily!! But some of it is my own doing :LOL:
LMAO, I do the same thing until I get PO"d it costs so much and I go back to the base Base again... maybe with Squatch ....and since they're jamming me with the auto, might as well add the 2.7 .... NOW I'm in Black Diamnd territory ....

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh for sure, I get that. I get the reasoning, I understand how it works. None of that changes how I personally feel as a consumer though lol. I signed up for a 2021 Bronco and Ford failed to deliver. They can kiss my ass with their price increase ?
If the price goes up much more, I might as well go to plan B and get an F-150. Not as unique but more features and more useful.

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some will pay Invoice - $2000 for a '22. Some will pay MSRP + $2000.

It's up to the dealer, not Ford. Talk to them about it.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Go read about first and second C8 Corvette prices. Additionally for those that think their MY 21 prices will remain the same, I’m thinking that when you resubmit for MY22 you will be subject to new prices. F150 is currently going through option price increases on some popular options but I don’t know how that plays out in terms of dealer submitting order, Ford scheduling orders and the timelines and cutoff dates. I wouldn’t count on the price being the same especially on popular options (Z51 +$1000 on C8 and Max Tow +$650 on F150 as examples).

edit: add this link 2020 C8 orders bumped to 2021 see price increase

Last edited:

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

LMAO, I do the same thing until I get PO"d it costs so much and I go back to the base Base again... maybe with Squatch ....and since they're jamming me with the auto, might as well add the 2.7 .... NOW I'm in Black Diamnd territory ....
If it weren't for the towing and 2 GOAT modes...

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Splitting hairs is fine. But, when we first signed up to reserve a vehicle we were told we were reserving a 2021 Bronco and given that pricing. Then they announced some cars might be pushed into 2022 but be 2021’s. Then they gave us the B&P which confirmed the pricing on the vehicle and the packages. Then they said you might not get a 2021, it might get pushed to MY 2022 and then they just delayed it into oblivion now. All while giving us 2021 pricing and options. Hell the website said 2021 Bronco for a long time after they even said it!

I’m playing devils advocate here because there is a very large case to be made against Ford here regarding the way this has unfolded. Do I expect a price increase? Yes. Will I be happy? Let’s just say I’m less than thrilled at the idea of being charged more for something through no fault of my own.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. I made a comment back in October on how Ford is bordering on committing fraud with the way present pictures to the consmer, then the consumer reserves a vehicle based on those pictures, and finally Ford tells the consumer, "that is not available". The BNP is the latest disappointment from Ford.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wholeheartedly agree with you. I made a comment back in October on how Ford is bordering on committing fraud with the way present pictures to the consmer, then the consumer reserves a vehicle based on those pictures, and finally Ford tells the consumer, "that is not available". The BNP is the latest disappointment from Ford.
Do you mean pictures with disclaimers such as this?

Preproduction computer-generated image shown. Not representative of vehicle reserved. Vehicle available beginning summer 2021.

J Jernigan

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t believe it will increase. If memory serves it was said that if there were running changes to your trim level or choice of options before your build, they would be included at no charge. It also goes without saying that if the dealer and the customer agree on pricing at time of ordering, that price would have to be honored by both Ford and the dealer. I just don’t see how the dealer can write a binding agreement on a vehicle and then renig on the price.
Sponsored