Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HD Vett Mustang Jag 911 (2)450SLs VWcab Blzr Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Beautiful team!
I think you and I had a conversation about the dogs and a step system. I’m still waiting for a build date…
Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you and I had a conversation about the dogs and a step system. I’m still waiting for a build date…
We did! Here is the video I sent to Eddie with the proposed changes:

He is working on them and will have them sorted out soon.

OP
OP
Odd Ball

Odd Ball

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We did! Here is the video I sent to Eddie with the proposed changes:

He is working on them and will have them sorted out soon.
That looks like it’s coming along nicely. I assume the side panels are pretty good? Did it make noise driving? Any idea how much he thinks it may be?

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Side panels and front panels are almost there...no noise/flapping even with the prototypes. They will probably be what the Jeep ones run that he already makes...expensive, but the manufacturing is first-rate and many folks have used their nets for over a decade with no issues. He makes them in standard duty, mil-spec, different widths, colors, etc. Top-notch craftsmanship and service. I had a set of his nets on my JK and they easily held my Cane Corso and my Leonberger in while wheeling or just cruising, and the nets never showed even a hint of wear after a lot of abuse.

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have Safari Straps on my JK. They’ve held up the last 15 years in the Las Vegas sun and accomplish exactly what you’re trying to. Not sure if they’re making them for the bronco but they’re worth checking out imo. I’ve found them to be extremely durable and are better looking than the Amazon/Smittybilt varieties if that’s important to you.

Sponsored

GreatDaneMom

Badlands
First Name
Diana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR Badlands; Genuine Buddy Scooter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're looking for a step option to help the pups get in the rig, I use the Heininger Twist Step. It attaches via the tow hitch and swivels under my Jeep when not in use. I've had one for all my SUVs... much better than a ramp!

https://twistep.com

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A CHP officer once told me that their chances in case of a rollover accident in the back of vehicles like these are often better if the dog is ejected from the vehicle. Take that for what it’s worth, I have no idea if that’s even true...
It is untrue. The only safe place is in a (edited) CPS certified air conditioned kennel located within the vehicle and tested for crashes (end edit). There are several. But, as you later say and OP reiterated several times, OP is only interested in a netting option.

And, don't get me wrong, I only transfer dogs in a CPS crate for hunting trips. Everyday trips, mine just jump in the back. I accept the risks.

Best,

Last edited:

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is untrue. The only safe place is in a NHTSA certified air conditioned kennel located within the vehicle. There are several. But, as you later say and OP reiterated several times, OP is only interested in a netting option.

And, don't get me wrong, I only transfer dogs in a NHTSA crate for hunting trips. Everyday trips, mine just jump in the back. I accept the risks.

Best,
NHTSA does not certify any kennels or harnesses.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you're looking for a step option to help the pups get in the rig, I use the Heininger Twist Step. It attaches via the tow hitch and swivels under my Jeep when not in use. I've had one for all my SUVs... much better than a ramp!

I second the twistep...and you can order it from Lowes. If I am going wheeling, however, and don't want to scrape the twistep, this is quickly removable and takes up little space if you use a pull strap connected to the floor and one of the bolts that attaches the hard top:

Otto Step Pet Ramp Step Helps Dogs Get in & Out of Car Van SUV | Portable Lightweight Dog Ramp | Simply Slide into 2” Trailer Hitch | No Tools Needed | Big & Small Dogs | Essential Pet Gear https://a.co/d/gO8rT3r

Sponsored

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I stand corrected in my language. I'll change that to "tested". Certification is from Center for Pet Safety.

NB: The language doesn't really matter. Point is a carrier/kennel/crate/thing-a-ma-bob that is enclosed and crash-tested was the point. But glad you can be the a-hole to nit-pick today. Tomorrow someone else.

OP
OP
Odd Ball

Odd Ball

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Side panels and front panels are almost there...no noise/flapping even with the prototypes. They will probably be what the Jeep ones run that he already makes...expensive, but the manufacturing is first-rate and many folks have used their nets for over a decade with no issues. He makes them in standard duty, mil-spec, different widths, colors, etc. Top-notch craftsmanship and service. I had a set of his nets on my JK and they easily held my Cane Corso and my Leonberger in while wheeling or just cruising, and the nets never showed even a hint of wear after a lot of abuse.
That’s great! What’s the name of his company so I can look up the cheap version? And thank you

thx! That’s actually what I plan on getting. It was on back order through Covid, but I still don’t have my bronco yet so I’m in no hurry.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s great! What’s the name of his company so I can look up the cheap version? And thank you

thx! That’s actually what I plan on getting. It was on back order through Covid, but I still don’t have my bronco yet so I’m in no hurry.
Raingler is the company but they will be on par with the other high quality net place pricing.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I stand corrected in my language. I'll change that to "tested". Certification is from Center for Pet Safety.

NB: The language doesn't really matter. Point is a carrier/kennel/crate/thing-a-ma-bob that is enclosed and crash-tested was the point. But glad you can be the a-hole to nit-pick today. Tomorrow someone else.
Not being an a-hole, crash tested means fuck all if you don’t know what the standard to pass is, or the criteria for success are. TO ME, the CPS seems like grifters that just slap a seal on things because it sounds official and makes pet owners feel good

Without injury criteria or max g-forces the testing means nothing. I could only find their harness testing criteria from my mobile phone so I can’t speak to the crate testing. But for harnesses, I’ll quote myself.

As far as I can tell the only "institute" that certifies dog harnesses for crash testing is the Center for Pet Safety, CPS. ( https://www.centerforpetsafety.org/test-results/harnesses/cps-approved-harnesses/)

My problem with CPS is their testing criteria:
1) No gross failure of stitching / webbing / clips
2) Dog cannot travel 3ft

They're using distance, but fail to assign a max head or chest G-force on the dog to assess injury criteria. They also do not disclose how many G's are used in the crash test, a pretty standard criteria, just that they're performing the test at a NHTSA approved site.

This dog doesn't become a projectile, which is great, AND doesn't travel 3ft. But he's so rigidly strapped in, that had it been a real dog his organs are going to slam around and his neck will slam forward.

So what they're truly measuring for is to not make your dog a projectile and potentially injuring you or other passengers.

Our dog sits on the floor in the rear seat well.

OP
OP
Odd Ball

Odd Ball

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Raingler is the company but they will be on par with the other high quality net place pricing.
That was supposed to say JEEP version, not CHEAP version. 🙃
Sponsored