First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 4door badsquatch high
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hey y’all, every time I go to the drive in, radio shuts off 40 min. Anyway to keep it going straight for 2+ hours? Weird question that I should probably already know
Sponsored

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

hey y’all, every time I go to the drive in, radio shuts off 40 min. Anyway to keep it going straight for 2+ hours? Weird question that I should probably already know
No idea - but wild that you go to the Drive-In with that level of frequency.

Stuff must really be different in Texas!

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know you can adjust idle time in the on board menu, maybe that's adjustable too?

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2 hours could very well drain your battery ... you might be better off using a boom box radio for the drive in.. When you are powering the radio it's not just the radio thats drawing power

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't know about the Bronco, And may never know at this rate, But with most modern cars, you have to reset the timer once in awhile.

Last time I was in a drive in (totally different make of car) about every 30 I would just push the start button without holding down the brake pedal to make the entire system come on and then go back to accessory only.

Sucky part is the driving lights tend to come on, but then again everyone else is doing the same thing so it is what it is.

OP
OP
graavy1999

graavy1999

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 hours could very well drain your battery ... you might be better off using a boom box radio for the drive in.. When you are powering the radio it's not just the radio thats drawing power
I will prob just do that, its too bad the audio is decent

Tetsuo9106

Wildtrak
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you have any tips? I am looking to head to a theater this weekend and want to make sure my lights dont come on and stay on like they do and concerned about battery and radio. Thanks

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have any tips? I am looking to head to a theater this weekend and want to make sure my lights dont come on and stay on like they do and concerned about battery and radio. Thanks
I am 99.9% sure you can literally walk out to your car and press the radio power button to turn it on. Then you can go through the screen settings to turn the screen off and save more battery. Even when the whole thing is off, won't turn on the HUD screen and shouldn't turn on lights.

Otherwise I think the APIM in forscan might have an option to extend to 60 minutes

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yup tap the radio button without touching the ignition then select calm screen. But you still only get 40 min. I do believe it can be changed it forscan.

RunningJerk

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went to the drive in to see Top Gun and it was annoying to have the radio suddenly shut down. At some point I just gave up and started the car so it wouldn't shut off the radio (again). I had to cover the dashboard with a towel so the display didn't annoy the crap out of me, too.

OP
OP
graavy1999

graavy1999

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah guys still no dice. Same ol same ol’. I have some Sonos moves, so somebody said I could download tune in on an app and play to the Bluetooth speakers. Suppose if we had the sound bars that could work too but, heard sight and sound isn’t great on those. Doin a Jurassic/maverick combo this weekend so we’ll see

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah guys still no dice. Same ol same ol’. I have some Sonos moves, so somebody said I could download tune in on an app and play to the Bluetooth speakers. Suppose if we had the sound bars that could work too but, heard sight and sound isn’t great on those. Doin a Jurassic/maverick combo this weekend so we’ll see
Tune in only works on phones with built in FM receiver (my old Note 8 does). Otherwise is works through the internet and you get a delay.
I have an old boom box that I have been bringing for years.
Newer cars are such a pain in the ass at the drive in. They shut down when you don't want them to, the lights turn on when you don't want them to and most people can't figure out how to turn them off. Constant horn honking from using the key fob.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Couple years back took grandkids to a drive in in the old Yukon. Had to re-engage accessory mode several times and by time movie was over battery was low enough vehicle would not start.

I had no cables with me but (of course) girl in the pickup next to us did and gave us a jump.

Next time one of those worksite radios and some spare batteries will be on board
Sponsored