Sponsored

Ken Block and Ford part ways; is Ford totally out of their minds?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand that they have had a good, long run together, but it seems that it was not an amicable split.

Is Farley leading Ford into some sort of "rebuilding year" to force all pf Ford into his personal vision?

It really seems as if Ford is heading in a different direction than in decades past and I think it spells trouble. I see Ford missing the mark if they think going after any other make's style is a smart move. They're going to hit bankruptcy and kill off the Bronco within 5 years in this direction.

I think they should stop trying to be Tesla or Toyota and just be Ford.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a35162410/ken-block-ford-contract-ends/

https://fb.watch/2Uv6g3-lN3/
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody who can build a 1965(?) AWD twin turbo mustang making over 1000hp should be kept on the team. That Hoonicorn vs The World series is a pretty good watch over on the YouTube.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know who he is, but you can't have an engine block without a block, so I'd probably have kept a guy with block in his name. You never know when you'll need one.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Probably coming from the new Marketing Execs got to look good cutting costs.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your source for this data?
I have bought quite a few new Fords, I just went and asked my wife who Ken Block was.......she didn't know. Personally I would have parted ways with the paint and interior crew on the Bronco before Ken Block, but you have to started somewhere.

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had a 10 year run with Ford. It's possible he wanted to move on and Ford was willing to cut ties to save some cash. That or Farley wants to free up some cash flow for taking on the Le Mans even though Ford said they would be done with it.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Shame. Definitely sounds like Ford wants to cut some costs after 2020... Ken literally has a garage full of Ford products ranging from an RS200 to a F-450 and everything in-between (including a Bronco).

Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Would imagine it has something to do with the boy racer types that affiliate with the Hoonigan brand not really being Ford customers outside of maybe the mustang.

I like Ken Block but it probably doesn’t make sense for Ford to keep someone on the payroll doing stuff in cars they no longer make to entertain an audience that doesn’t buy their products.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never understood why any company would pay more for a 'name' as a shill then any other actor, everyone understands that they just say the words that they are paid to say. Do fans of people really buy products based on a specific paid endorser? In numbers than make additional profit in excess of the cost of the endorser (taxes and other costs included)? Shrug, I actually do the opposite, if I see someone who I assume is a costly spokesperson, I figure the product must be overpriced to cover the costs and I am less interested. I think it is a good move to get rid of as much advertising costs as possible

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like watching his videos, but I didn't buy my RS because of Block. Ford said he consulted on the design of the RS, but I doubt he had anything to do with it other than being in some promotional videos and racing his Comp RS.

I'd rather see Travis Pastrana anyways.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sounds like he's had fun for a decade but wants to go drive some other cars. He's done a huge job helping Ford remind people that they still made fast cars (would the Focus RS have done nearly so well if it weren't for Gymkhana, and would any of the ST cars have been as popular?).

But at the same time, there's only so much left to do, especially since Ford, ya know, doesn't sell cars in the US any more.
Sponsored