Sponsored

Kenda Klever R/T 35x10.50 R17...any real world experience?

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone out there have any experience with the Klenda Klever 35 x 10.5s? A majority of the reviews I see are positive but was hoping for some real world experience. I know the Klenda name from motorcycle tires but have no experience with their automotive tires. Near as I can tell they are the only game in town for the 10.5" width in a 35" tire.
Sponsored

broncodad

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badland Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone out there have any experience with the Klenda Klever 35 x 10.5s? A majority of the reviews I see are positive but was hoping for some real world experience. I know the Klenda name from motorcycle tires but have no experience with their automotive tires. Near as I can tell they are the only game in town for the 10.5" width in a 35" tire.
They're good. I put about 4500 miles on a set on my Gladiator. Took them off to swap back to stock and planned on selling as the Bronco was supposed to be showing up (not holding my breath). But overall seemed like a great tire. To your point the reviews are positive and one of the main reasons I got them. But, I can't speak to the longevity not having them on but the limited time that I did.

There's a guy on here with non-sas Badlands who put them on. I actually ran across your thread trying to hunt it down again.

Check it out here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...amond-non-sasquatch.30908/page-2#post-1065995

OP
OP
PWillette

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They're good. I put about 4500 miles on a set on my Gladiator. Took them off to swap back to stock and planned on selling as the Bronco was supposed to be showing up (not holding my breath). But overall seemed like a great tire. To your point the reviews are positive and one of the main reasons I got them. But, I can't speak to the longevity not having them on but the limited time that I did.

There's a guy on here with non-sas Badlands who put them on. I actually ran across your thread trying to hunt it down again.

Check it out here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...amond-non-sasquatch.30908/page-2#post-1065995
Thanks for the input. How was the road noise?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've had two sets of Kendas on my Indians that were less than impressive. Hopefully the auto tires are a bit better. Do you know what the actual measurements are? The MT 255/85R17s may not be much different in size.

OP
OP
PWillette

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had two sets of Kendas on my Indians that were less than impressive. Hopefully the auto tires are a bit better. Do you know what the actual measurements are? The MT 255/85R17s may not be much different in size.
Was hoping the same. Measurements are supposed 34.7" x 10.50"

Sponsored

broncodad

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badland Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You bet. Road noise wasn't bad. But in fairness, my sample size was small. Since it's an R/T it's definitely louder than an A/T. Debating right now on whether to take them off their current rims and try them on my Bronco or just bite the bullet and pull the trigger on the 285/75 A/T's I've got my eye on and sell the Kendas.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve had two sets of the Klever RT KR601’s. I had a set of 35x10.5x17’s of my old Tacoma and I have a set of 35x12.5x17’s on a 2D JK now. They run true to size IMPO which is rare for tires these days, so many run small.

(Let’s all agree to just stop calling 315’s 35’s shall we?)

I live in Northern CO and daily vehicle. The 10.5’s ruled in the snow. Not saying the 12.5’s are poor, but they’re not as good as the 10.5s. I’d wager 80% of that comparison is a wheel base / vehicle thing not the tire.

I wheeled the set on my Tacoma extensively and they held up admirably. IMPO they’re great on the highway, but my JK is loud anyway so whatever.

My only constructive criticism is that the 12.5’s are only offered in a E rating. That’s never really been a problem for me but I’d like to try a D in my next set.

I’m a tire nerd, 10 out of 10 would purchase again. When my 2D arrives I plan to add a fresh set of 35x12.5x17 Klever RT’s.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PWillette

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had two sets of the Klever RT KR601’s. I had a set of 35x10.5x17’s of my old Tacoma and I have a set of 35x12.5x17’s on a 2D JK now. They run true to size IMPO which is rare for tires these days, so many run small.

(Let’s all agree to just stop calling 315’s 35’s shall we?)

I live in Northern CO and daily vehicle. The 10.5’s ruled in the snow. Not saying the 12.5’s are poor, but they’re not as good as the 10.5s. I’d wager 80% of that comparison is a wheel base / vehicle thing not the tire.

I wheeled the set of my Tacoma extensively and they held up admirably. IMPO they’re great on the highway, but my JK is loud anyway so whatever.

My only constructive criticism is that the 12.5’s are only offered in a E rating. That’s never really been a problem for me but I’d like to try a D in my next set.

I’m a tire nerd, 10 out of 10 would purchase again. When my 2D arrives I plan to add a fresh set of 35x12.5x17 Klever RT’s.
I pulled the trigger on the 35x10.5s and very happy with the on-road manners. Haven't had a chance to wheel them yet but I suspect they will perform well.

LHD

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurais, Corvairs, 914-6, TT, F350 SD
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Close friend is key in the development and distribution of the new lines of Kenda LT tires. I put a set of the new 35x10.50x17 Klever R/Ts on my base and drove it straight to King of The Hammers in Johnson Valley CA from SWFL (6000 mile round trip). Here is my honest take (WRT my Buddy).

1. They balanced up nicely on new Method wheels.

2. I am amazed at how quiet they really are based on the aggressive look. Not really any tire noise at all. I drove the first 1500 miles to FL on the Klever AT2 (32") and these R/Ts are no more noise.

3. They handle well and look to wear well. I now have 13K miles on them and they still look new-ish.

4. They are D rated and I run them at 33psi and the ride is unchanged from the stock tires.

5. They look awesome.

I think this tire is a huge home run for my buddy and Kenda Tires. He has been instrumental in helping launch new designs and new sizes aimed at the "wheeling" crowd. The biggest challenge for them is getting tires fast enough to fulfill demand.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PWillette

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Close friend is key in the development and distribution of the new lines of Kenda LT tires. I put a set of the new 35x10.50x17 Klever R/Ts on my base and drove it straight to King of The Hammers in Johnson Valley CA from SWFL (6000 mile round trip). Here is my honest take (WRT my Buddy).

1. They balanced up nicely on new Method wheels.

2. I am amazed at how quiet they really are based on the aggressive look. Not really any tire noise at all. I drove the first 1500 miles to FL on the Klever AT2 (32") and these R/Ts are no more noise.

3. They handle well and look to wear well. I now have 13K miles on them and they still look new-ish.

4. They are D rated and I run them at 33psi and the ride is unchanged from the stock tires.

5. They look awesome.

I think this tire is a huge home run for my buddy and Kenda Tires. He has been instrumental in helping launch new designs and new sizes aimed at the "wheeling" crowd. The biggest challenge for them is getting tires fast enough to fulfill demand.
Yes, availability has been spotty, it took me a couple months to source a set of 5. I agree, good looking tire and I'm digging the tread design/depth. I am EXTREMLY pleased with the road noise, barely noticeable. To get a good contact patch I'm down to 33psi in the front, 30psi in the rear...the ride is great IMO. Will certainly recommend

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I shopped them but couldn't get a set in a reasonable amount of time. Only negative reviews are based on looks(pizza cutters). They are a heavy tire so weight wise they are nearly the same as 12.5 wide tire. I just went 12.5 due to price and availability (got a fair deal).