CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRaptor and GMC Canyon AT4X
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Weird one...

I have the Keyless pad on my Bronco. The code that is on the factory card works just fine, to open the doors. But, when I enter the same code into the Sync system to add a personal code or anything else, it tells me the code is incorrect.

So, I did the 'look on the Internet...the web knows all' thing and found these instructions, FROM FORD -->

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...ess-entry-code-for-my-intelligent-access-key/

But...no code shows up in the dash display, or the center display, to tell me what Sync thinks my code is...

Anybody have any other ideas? Like I said, the door keypad works just fine, with the code from the factory plastic card. But, I can't use that code to make any changes as Sync doesn't recognize it.

Any help (Ford?) would be appreciated.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I answered your question over on Bronco Nation, but just for the benefit of everyone on this forum...

The keypads that come with the full-sized Bronco are not the standard Securicode keypads that are built into the doors of most Ford vehicles. The pads on the full-sized Broncos are wireless RF keypads that are stuck on the door with double-sided tape. Since they are not the standard keypads, the programming steps are different.

Steps to add a personalized code:
  1. Enter the factory code on the card
  2. Within 5 seconds, press and hold the 1/2 button until the 9/0 button flashes twice. After it flashes twice, you have entered programming mode.
  3. Enter your desired personalized 5-digit code. The vehicle will go through a unlock-lock-unlock cycle.
  4. If programming is successful, the 9/0 button will flash twice to confirm.

Steps to remove the personalized code:
  1. Enter the factory code on the card.
  2. Within 5 seconds, press and hold the 1/2 button—continue holding the button. The vehicle will go through a lock/unlock cycle.
  3. The 9/0 button will flash four times to confirm the code has been removed. After you receive the confirmation, you may release the 1/2 button.

OP
OP
LagoCJ

LagoCJ

Raptor
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRaptor and GMC Canyon AT4X
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Saw the note over on BN as well. THANKS!! Great info and very helpful.
Sponsored