George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Ford Ranger, 2007 Honda Shadow
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So as it gets closer to finalize my order, I've been thinking about adding the keyless entry pad ($110). Is it worth adding to the Bronco at all? My dealer says that all Bronco models will be compatible with the Ford-Pass app that can lock and unlock doors, and use Remote start from the App (I have reservations for FE and BD). Is it worth having that little black bar on the door? And how many people will actually add this option? Thanks! I can't wait to place my order!

EDIT: I did not know it was just a stick on, saw a picture with just a black box on the door and thought it looked awful in my opinion (like an afterthought). Since it's dealer installed, I'll probably just ask for them to program and I'll stick it in another spot like behind the spare tire, or somewhere not as visible. Thanks for all the feedback!
Sponsored

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
ordered it but in all honesty see myself using the app more. But figured for the price was worth it for those quick let me grab that outta the truck moments

Sponsored

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I might get it oem aftermarket and install somewhere more hidden like in the gas door. Don’t like the way it looks. Read some other threads about people mounting it in other locations. Would be nice when I go hiking, kayaking or for a run and don’t want to carry my keys or phone on me.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I might get it oem aftermarket and install somewhere more hidden like in the gas door. Don’t like the way it looks. Read some other threads about people mounting it in other locations. Would be nice when I go hiking, kayaking or for a run and don’t want to carry my keys or phone on me.
As long as the fuel door doesn’t lock. I have not found documentation on that. It is useful. If doors are on/off in that situation, you pres 7:8 and 9:0 and you can lock all your belongings including your key (doors on) inside.With your doors off you still have perimeter and internal alarm sensors.

jb_dot

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really like mine on the F150, so it's going on the Bronco for sure, surfing, swimming, biking, etc are all nice to be able to get back in without the key.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

As long as the fuel door doesn’t lock. I have not found documentation on that. It is useful. If doors are on/off in that situation, you pres 7:8 and 9:0 and you can lock all your belongings including your key (doors on) inside.With your doors off you still have perimeter and internal alarm sensors.
It has been confirmed that the fuel door does not lock.

I was thinking of ordering it with mine because I used it all the time with my F-150, but since you can add it later, I'm going to wait so I can mount it where I want instead of the default location on the door.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...nge-with-measurements.9976/page-5#post-360992

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did NOT order it. I love the keypad on Ford products, but the implementation here is horrid, with the factory just sticking the ugly black thing on the door. Why they couldn't have integrated it better, I'm not sure. I chose not to order it because of that factory placement.

My thought right now is to short term just use the FordPass app. I use it on my Mustang, which also doesn't have a keypad and it works well, but obviously requires you to have your phone on you to use it. Longer term If I decide I want a keypad, I plan on just order one from the parts department and placing it somewhere like the gas door if it truly doesn't lock (I'll go double check if my Mustang's does tomorrow), so that I can have it without the big ugly black box on the front door.....plus you'll be able to use it without the doors on that way (would be helpful for the swing gate). I suppose in Bronco's case it's a bit different, as with the doors off, you wouldn't be "locking" anything INSIDE the car anyway (unless you had a lock box, at which point, you'd need the keys on you anyway).....but the keypad is nice when you have the doors on.

Sponsored

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fords with the keyless entry pad are quite commonly stolen. I chose no keyless entry.

Last edited:

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was going to get it, it has been a handy option on my Raptor. For $110, why not?

Then I learned that it is not installed at the factory but is instead a delaer installed option. I don't know why that soured me on it, but it did and I'll learn to live without it.

bpurtz

First Edition
First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Rubi, Sierra Denali, Taco TRD Pro, 4Run LTD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Here. These two threads collectively contain 390 posts about just this topic.

In summation: Half the people couldn’t live without it... half the people think it’s pointless.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/keyless-entry-keypad.4777/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/whos-adding-keyless-keypad-entry-and-why.8603/
I read through these threads - I've never had a vehicle with a keyless entry keypad and wasn't aware that they are simply an adhesive installation - possibly by the dealer. Does anybody have an opinion on installing the keypad on the bumper below the spare tire?

Ford Bronco Keyless Entry Pad. Worth The Money? IMG_3991

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was going to order it but when I found out it was a stick-on I changed my mind. It is C$250 as an option or C$133 as an accessory. I figure for $110 I can peel the backing off of double sided tape myself.

I still don’t understand why they didn’t build it into the B-pillar like so many other models.

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had it on a Ford Explorer and loved it. The problem with it that I have not heard one way or another, will it work with keys in the vehicle with the proximity unlock ability.

I have added this option through a car alarm system with a sensor that mounts to the front windshield and works in the same way. I love this feature.
Sponsored