2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The key pad on the New Bronco looks like it was taken right off a car from the 1980's. It looks like
such a after thought.
Sponsored

Holiday

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if there will be enough length/ flat surface on the mirror extension arms to mount it there.

Ford Bronco Keyless Entry Pad. Worth The Money? FC02CC98-6EC3-4320-8391-D9D7B7838993

Troy13

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota corolla
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

DRKRYDR

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't know about the functionality. But I am pretty sure this is not the keypad that will be coming on the Bronco. From what I understand...the Bronco will get the same keypad the Ranger received.

Ford Bronco Keyless Entry Pad. Worth The Money? FC02CC98-6EC3-4320-8391-D9D7B7838993
This is true (at least for my Ford Edge). I am one of those "can't live without it." I never have my key on me, it is always in the Edge and I use the key pad to enter everytime. Heck, I don't even know where the key is in the vehicle! Its so useful for going out to dinner, not having to lug the set around with you, when mountain biking don't need to take a key, or any other time.

My expedition has it too and I won't buy a vehicle again without this feature. $110 for me is well worth it from the factory and I cringed as initially there was no mention of this feature when the Bronco was first rolled out.
Same Here...I am one of those "can't live without it."

Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've had one on all my fords since 2005 and I like it. I mean, it's nice when ever you have don't have the fob handy or just to send the kids out to grab something without giving them the fob. For the 110, i think it's worth it. I wish it was the integrated style, but this will do.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Zero interest or need. As long as I have the intelligent access I'm good.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If people are able to put the pad inside the fuel door then I’ll probably order it after I receive the vehicle. Gonna wait and see if it will fit in there first. And yes, that’s what she said.

YEGDriver

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You couldn't pay me to have one of those on my vehicle. It's just a way for people to mess with my vehicle and gives them a free chance to break into it. No thanks.

bpurtz

First Edition
First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Rubi, Sierra Denali, Taco TRD Pro, 4Run LTD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Change order revision 1.3 - factory installed KEK eliminated. I'm going to buy it from the dealer and plan my own sticker party...

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You couldn't pay me to have one of those on my vehicle. It's just a way for people to mess with my vehicle and gives them a free chance to break into it. No thanks.
If a thief wants your car, or what's in it, you won't stop them. Keyless pad, car fob, soft top, broken glass...any number of ways.

timgarrett

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If people are able to put the pad inside the fuel door then I’ll probably order it after I receive the vehicle. Gonna wait and see if it will fit in there first. And yes, that’s what she said.
LOL. And yes, I plan to do the same.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I read through these threads - I've never had a vehicle with a keyless entry keypad and wasn't aware that they are simply an adhesive installation - possibly by the dealer. Does anybody have an opinion on installing the keypad on the bumper below the spare tire?

Yeah, I was thinking of mounting mine somewhere back around the tailgate as well. I'm not keen on the fuel door location and it looks terrible in the factory location on the drivers door.

The key pad on the New Bronco looks like it was taken right off a car from the 1980's. It looks like
such a after thought.
It was actually better integrated when Ford came out with it in the 80's. 1989 Town Car:
http://bestride.com/news/entertainment/junkyard-therapy-1989-lincoln-town-car-mines-bigger
Ford Bronco Keyless Entry Pad. Worth The Money? 1613070994775

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So as it gets closer to finalize my order, I've been thinking about adding the keyless entry pad ($110). Is it worth adding to the Bronco at all? My dealer says that all Bronco models will be compatible with the Ford-Pass app that can lock and unlock doors, and use Remote start from the App (I have reservations for FE and BD). Is it worth having that little black bar on the door? And how many people will actually add this option? Thanks! I can't wait to place my order!

EDIT: I did not know it was just a stick on, saw a picture with just a black box on the door and thought it looked awful in my opinion (like an afterthought). Since it's dealer installed, I'll probably just ask for them to program and I'll stick it in another spot like behind the spare tire, or somewhere not as visible. Thanks for all the feedback!
Lot of post here, so I didn't read them all so this may have been said. Some folks on the Ranger5g forum have stuck them on the inside of the gas filler door. I don't know if one with fit there on the Bronco though.

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Here. These two threads collectively contain 390 posts about just this topic.

In summation: Half the people couldn’t live without it... half the people think it’s pointless.
Oh...in other words, sounds like just about any other thread topic on 6G. 🤣
Sponsored