First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a keypad on my Manual Transmission order, which I'm assuming means I will receive the keypad not tagged as "remote-start".

I am also planning on installing a aftermarket remote-start designed for manuals (for winter months when the Bronco is parked on my level driveway).

What is the difference between the keypads? I'm not sure how the keypad interacts with remote starting... Will I be missing any functionality even though my remote-start module is from 3rd party?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may be confused right now…

But if you’re talking about the keyless entry keypad… that’s simply to unlock the Bronco’s doors. It has nothing to do with remote start.

The remote start system included with the Mid package makes remote start available in FordPass and on your key fob.

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But if you’re talking about the keyless entry keypad… that’s simply to unlock the Bronco’s doors. It has nothing to do with remote start.

The remote start system included with the Mid package makes remote start available in FordPass and on your key fob.
I may be wrong but I’m almost positive that you don’t need the mid package to remote start the bronco with FordPass. FordPass comes with the standard package.

OP
OP
Jhuff

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Crud. Maybe I am the one that is confused. This question came to mind when I was parts shopping the other day... Maybe I misread something. I was sure I saw two versions of the keypad. Will look again.

OP
OP
Jhuff

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, there are two keypads listed as available for the Bronco, but one specifies it is for remote keyless entry vehicles.

I got the idea twisted up in my brain, apparently. 🥨

Ford Bronco Keypad differences (remote-start v not) Screenshot_20211025-135828_Chrome

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may be wrong but I’m almost positive that you don’t need the mid package to remote start the bronco with FordPass. FordPass comes with the standard package.
The remote start feature is part of FordPass Connect… which I admittedly just assumed was Mid package and higher, just because past Ford vehicles required you to buy a technology package to get it.

BUT… I could be wrong—I probably am wrong—I tend to assume things that I shouldn’t be assuming. I’m buying a manual transmission so it wasn’t something I really cared about anyway so I haven’t looked into it.

I did just check on Build & Price, and it doesn’t say either way. :unsure:

EDIT: FordPass Connect is included in the Base trim. Neat. So all you need is AT&T cell service and you can remote start from your phone.

Last edited:

CJ1064

Badlands
First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think every Bronco (not sure about Manuals) can be started from your Phone with Ford Pass but only certain trim packages come with a key fob that can remote start.

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The remote start feature is part of FordPass Connect… which I admittedly just assumed was Mid package and higher, just because past Ford vehicles required you to buy a technology package to get it.

BUT… I could be wrong—I probably am wrong—I tend to assume things that I shouldn’t be assuming. I’m buying a manual transmission so it wasn’t something I really cared about anyway so I haven’t looked into it.

I did just check on Build & Price, and it doesn’t say either way. :unsure:

EDIT: FordPass Connect is included in the Base trim. Neat. So all you need is AT&T cell service and you can remote start from your phone.
Yeah I thought it seemed kind of strange that FordPass was included in all trims. I hope they don’t “turn off” that feature lol. It’s the reason I didn’t move up to the mid package. Heated seats will be missed but I’ll live

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It could be a programming thing, where codes work differently for models with remote start?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jhuff

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Ford accessories site does differentiate them based on whether or not the vehicle has remote start. I have no idea why.

Keyless Entry Keypad for Vehicles without Factory Remote Start
Keyless Entry Keypad for Vehicles with Factory Remote Start
So I'm NOT crazy! Whew!

I think every Bronco (not sure about Manuals) can be started from your Phone with Ford Pass but only certain trim packages come with a key fob that can remote start.
It could be a programming thing, where codes work differently for models with remote start?
I think you guys might be on to the difference. IF Fords descriptions are accurate: one model says it isn't for factory remote start vehicles, but is compatible with "Ford remote start accessory"; and the second model says it can tune to your remote start fob frequency... for whatever reason.

Is there a way to "remote start" with the keypad? Maybe that's the difference? One is smart enough to work alongside the fob and one isn't?

CJ1064

Badlands
First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I'm NOT crazy! Whew!

I think you guys might be on to the difference. IF Fords descriptions are accurate: one model says it isn't for factory remote start vehicles, but is compatible with "Ford remote start accessory"; and the second model says it can tune to your remote start fob frequency... for whatever reason.

Is there a way to "remote start" with the keypad? Maybe that's the difference? One is smart enough to work alongside the fob and one isn't?

Skip to 5:39 on the video

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I'm NOT crazy! Whew!

It may relate to the vehicle locking when you remote start, since the keypad relates to locking it?

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can get vehicle with and without a remote start.

Pretty sure you cannot get remote start with manual transmission though.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

remote start and remote keyless entry are 2 different things... the difference in the keypads has to do with remote keyless entry, not remote start, from what is posted here.
Sponsored