Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I forgot to move it off the door and I just got full PPF :-( Guess its staying on the door until I need to replace that doors PPF :-/
Sponsored

OP
OP
Raptor Guy

Raptor Guy

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Raptor | '11 FLHX | '02 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I want to add one to a bronco that did not have a keypad already, is it a simple plug and play? Do I need Forscan to get it to work or can I use the codes that are in the fuse box (under the steering column) and program it somehow by pressing button combinations? Interested in adding one to my bronco but don’t wanna have to do forscanner mess around with that.

Now I Go Bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I want to add one to a bronco that did not have a keypad already, is it a simple plug and play? Do I need Forscan to get it to work or can I use the codes that are in the fuse box (under the steering column) and program it somehow by pressing button combinations? Interested in adding one to my bronco but don’t wanna have to do forscanner mess around with that.
The keypad has to be programmed by a Ford service dept or someone with the needed software/license, probably FDRS, which is a big step up in cost from Forscan. Dealers appear to be charging a wide range for "walk in" service to program a new keypad - from no charge to ~$200 - with an hour's labor seeming to be one of the more regularly charged rates.

If the unit is ordered online from Ford parts (url should still be in post above me) there is an optional surcharge for installation (dealer programming) for a reasonable fee - avoiding the Bronco tax or the My Dealer Can't Be Bothered tax or whatever you want to label it. Another advantage to going the Ford Parts online route is you can spend any Fordpass points should you have them.

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The keypad has to be programmed by a Ford service dept or someone with the needed software/license, probably FDRS, which is a big step up in cost from Forscan. Dealers appear to be charging a wide range for "walk in" service to program a new keypad - from no charge to ~$200 - with an hour's labor seeming to be one of the more regularly charged rates.

If the unit is ordered online from Ford parts (url should still be in post above me) there is an optional surcharge for installation (dealer programming) for a reasonable fee - avoiding the Bronco tax or the My Dealer Can't Be Bothered tax or whatever you want to label it. Another advantage to going the Ford Parts online route is you can spend any Fordpass points should you have them.
Thank you!

SillyPosition

Badlands
First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Do you have/had FDRS?
Is using an obd device that works with forscan sufficient to use fdrs?

OP
OP
Raptor Guy

Raptor Guy

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It is my understanding that it can only be paired with your vehicle by using Forscan. My dealer had it done in 10 minutes.

*EDIT* Upon further inquiry it was done with FDRS and not Forscan.

Last edited:

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is my understanding that it can only be paired with your vehicle by using Forscan. My dealer had it done in 10 minutes.
That's great to hear. Given the dearth of info (or success stories) I've found on using Forscan for this I'd assumed (yeah, MY fault! LOL) that it required FDRS or similar. Thanks for proving me wrong! Got a link to read up on this? Thanks.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Raptor Guy

Raptor Guy

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That's great to hear. Given the dearth of info (or success stories) I've found on using Forscan for this I'd assumed (yeah, MY fault! LOL) that it required FDRS or similar. Thanks for proving me wrong! Got a link to read up on this? Thanks.
No, you are correct. It has to be done with FDRS. I just inquired with my dealer so I stand corrected. It was my fault that I assumed it was Forscan.

Bushwhacker

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2 dealerships near me are wanting over $350 just for labor to install. Outrageous. I'm not paying that. Buying a 2534 programming module will cost me twice that for a used one. I'm just going to sell my keypad at this point I think. It's just not worth it, I just wish I could find a dealer that didn't want to gouge someone every chance they got. OR even better allow the end user the ability to program it themselves. There's a novel idea

OP
OP
Raptor Guy

Raptor Guy

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
2 dealerships near me are wanting over $350 just for labor to install. Outrageous. I'm not paying that. Buying a 2534 programming module will cost me twice that for a used one. I'm just going to sell my keypad at this point I think. It's just not worth it, I just wish I could find a dealer that didn't want to gouge someone every chance they got. OR even better allow the end user the ability to program it themselves. There's a novel idea
That's pure theft. It literally takes 10-15 minutes to program. I'd call a few more dealers, there are good honest ones out there.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take the 3M tape off the back and secure it to your Bronco - there you go, you can let the dealership know it should be half price now ;)
Sponsored