First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just replaced all my speakers with kickers. I’m wondering if others have the same outcome. I get a lot more clarity and highs. The lower tones seem to have gone away. No real bass to speak of.
Do you have them amped? If not, you're not pushing them with enough power.
Sponsored

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just replaced all my speakers with kickers. I’m wondering if others have the same outcome. I get a lot more clarity and highs. The lower tones seem to have gone away. No real bass to speak of.
If you replaced the kick panels with no amp you’re honestly going to kill your bass. The kick panels need power if you upgrade. If you don’t add an amp you should stick with the stock speakers there.

Djd7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you have an amp? The Kickers need more power than the factory head unit puts out.

Sponsored

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone tried installing the Kicker amp without using the plug and play harness? it's a great product but $155 is pretty steep for what it is. Crutchfield will provide all of the directions and says there is no wire cutting so it can be returned to stock..

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone tried installing the Kicker amp without using the plug and play harness? it's a great product but $155 is pretty steep for what it is. Crutchfield will provide all of the directions and says there is no wire cutting so it can be returned to stock..
Unless Crutchfield is making their own 'plug & play' harnesses that have the Ford adapters, you're going to have to cut into a number of areas unless you find the adapters to plug into the factory head unit and factory harness.

1.) how will you get power to the amp? on the PNP, this draws off of the factory harness
2.) how will you get powered sound to the factory speakers? You will need to cut into the factory speakers wires
3.) how will you sound inputs to the amp? you will have to cut into the factory wires

If you're good cutting/splicing into your factory wires to save $155, maybe listen to them. For me, the PNP harness was a no-brainer.

Last edited:

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You will have to do some cutting/splicing and will also need to get an amp wiring kit. Once you include the price for the wiring kit, the PNP sort of becomes a no brainer.

KeithK

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can advocate for the PNPKits...truly simple process (after you take all the panels off/down) and get access to the audio plug. Couldn't be simpler...I got Kit 18 as I wanted a powered subwoofer in the back along with the Key 200.4 amp. With my updated speakers (and a lot of dynamat/polyfil) it sounds great. Highly recommend @plugnplaykits

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can advocate for the PNPKits...truly simple process (after you take all the panels off/down) and get access to the audio plug. Couldn't be simpler...I got Kit 18 as I wanted a powered subwoofer in the back along with the Key 200.4 amp. With my updated speakers (and a lot of dynamat/polyfil) it sounds great. Highly recommend @plugnplaykits
THANK YOU

Sponsored

ldog77

Outer Banks
First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX; 2018 Chrysler Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you have any pics of your install? I'm wondering where to place the 10" kicker hideaway amp. Seems there's not enough room under the front seats.

KeithK

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I put the amp in the glovebox for easier access. There are other options noted in the forums. I'm debating on the subwoofer location. For ease of taking it out, I'm thinking of just velcroing it to my rubber mat for now to keep it from sliding around. I can quickly disconnect it from the harness if I want to remove it from the truck.

Kicker Amp in Glovebox.jpeg

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just ripped the boom mat out of my kick panel speakers. Made it sound so muddy and hardly any mid-bass.
Did you cut a “port” in your boom mats too?

Pugsly

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

22BlackDiamondGreen