Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you run the speaker line outs (kit 11.4) to another amp/powered sub? Make sure speaker wires aren’t touching ground. Have you tried turning the gain down on the amp?
Gain at 0 already, line outs are run, but not hooked up.

Its super minor
Sponsored

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Few random musings after having done this the past weekend for anyone looking to do this.

1. The under steering wheel mount of the kicker on my BD 2.7 Sas interferes with the full range of motion of the steering wheel at the very bottom. Very minor and I don't have my wheel there, but if you do you'll hit the amp.

2. Bass blockers are 100% beyond a doubt required on the dash speakers, if you don't have them you'll need them or your speakers will clip

3. The amp took my listening volume from about 18 to around 12, significant volume gain, amp gains are still all set to zero.

4. Played the pink noise test for DSP of BT on my phone at 18 volume and had happy tones first time.

Edit:
5. Polk DB 402s in front w/ 300hz bass blockers start to clip at about 20 volume. You can no joke hear this down the block... Seems like a nonissue as the volume is obnoxious, but just chiming in as I see others have had the issue as well

Everyones mileage may vary, but this was my journey

Last edited:

Barlos

Base
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love this. Just ordered it. I already replaced my speakers with all new Focal Performance speakers and hoping this will wake them up even more. I’ll post an update once installed.
What model did you get for the focal speakers? Trying to decide between Focal,Kicker, and Memphis.
TIA

Barlos

Base
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've done plenty of full car stereo installs and wiring harnesses, but hell yes I'd pay $150 extra for a plug&play amp harness.

I upgraded all four 4" speakers in my Bronco, tried several brands of high quality speakers including Polk, Hertz, Focal, etc., and also played with all the known Forscan tweaks. It became pretty obvious the issue wasn't (just) the speakers, but the head unit delivering a terrible signal and clipping badly even at moderate volume levels. A setup like this isn't going to deliver audiophile quality, but should absolutely improve the sound significantly and allow an EQ'ed output at decent volume levels without the garbage distortion the factory head unit puts out when turned up...

Nice job! Just ordered Kit 11.
Which speaker brand did you end up choosing?

GreyCactus

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I used Boom Mat inside each of the speaker locations, based on recommendations I read here in this thread. Not sure if it helped but I can tell you it didn't hurt :)
I’ve read mixed reviews about using the boom mats so I wasn’t sure if it is the way to go. I might just try it anyway because prior to adding the amp, the speakers sounded a little hollow. Thanks for your input!

Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 200.4 amp runs VERY hot, so hot in fact that you can’t keep a finger on it for more than 10 seconds after the amp has been running for 20-ish minutes.
Something you can hold a finger to for 10 seconds doesn’t sound all that hot to me…

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Speakers, 200.4 Amp and harness ordered. Plugnplay verified the harness itself is in stock - lead time 5-12 days. Now the waiting game.

Barlos

Base
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What model did you get for the focal speakers? Trying to decide between Focal,Kicker, and Memphis.
TIA
I ended up ordering Memphis PRX4. Only 20RMS but they sound really good. I just got a good feeling about them. Hope Im right. For the 6.5s I also got Memphis.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Speakers, 200.4 Amp and harness ordered. Plugnplay verified the harness itself is in stock - lead time 5-12 days. Now the waiting game.
So is the harness + Kicker amp + Kicker speakers bundle PlugNPlay sells all-inclusive? Or are additional items required, like speaker mounting rings, speaker wire connectors, bass blockers, etc.?

Sponsored

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like the idea of going full-woofer rather than a 2-way in the kick panel location.
That’s what’s down there from factory and I don’t see the reason to have highs at your feet. These fill out the mid bass nice with the amp.

BCFDLtE13

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got mine installed and set-up yesterday. It sounds great and is a huge improvement over the OEM system.

-Kicker 200.4
-Polk DB402 4" in dash and rear pods (300hz bass blockers in both)
-Kicker 6.5" 46CSC674 in kick panels
-PnP harness 11-6 with Kicker HS10 hideaway sub.

I ran the DSP set-up per Kicker's instructions with pink noise. Set the gains on the amp and then the sub. It sounds great. Really great.
I think people are paying far too much attention the volume level number after installing these components. On the OEM system, it began to distort and it was not very loud or clear above 15. After this install, volume 15 is very loud, extremely clean and clear, and sounds great. Just because it won't go to 25, doesn't mean it's not remarkably better. The limiter kicks in after 20 with my gains set properly and it's way too loud at that volume anyway. The kicker HS10 hideaway sub really takes this system upgrade to the next level.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ended up turning off the time delay feature of my 200.4
I wasn't really liking where it put the sound stage for me. Much happier with it off.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So is the harness + Kicker amp + Kicker speakers bundle PlugNPlay sells all-inclusive? Or are additional items required, like speaker mounting rings, speaker wire connectors, bass blockers, etc.?
From what I can tell it is just the amp, speakers, and his harness.
You'd still need mounting adapters for the 6.5" woofers and the bass blockers. I used speaker wiring adapters on the 6.5" in the kick panel, but after dealing with the 'yeah they fit you just have to modify them' connectors on the 4" speakers I just cut off the stock wires and crimped on the leads that came with the speakers.
The only adapters I've seen for the 4" speakers that actually are plug and play are the custom ones from amazon or that you order the parts and build yourself. But i didn't want to wait and I can put the original plugs back on easily enough if I ever need to.
Sponsored