First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know the harness provides power to the 200.4 but I see some people say they are having issues and need to actually provide seperate power to the amp. I am getting ready to install mine and wondering should I supply seperate power or is that a pretty isolated issue? Is it hard to add after the fact if needed?
Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know the harness provides power to the 200.4 but I see some people say they are having issues and need to actually provide seperate power to the amp. I am getting ready to install mine and wondering should I supply seperate power or is that a pretty isolated issue? Is it hard to add after the fact if needed?
Did you already buy a harness? The maker of the harness I bought (Hoel Wiring) strongly recommends powering the amp from the battery and his kits can be ordered with the wiring to do so.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you already buy a harness? The maker of the harness I bought (Hoel Wiring) strongly recommends powering the amp from the battery and his kits can be ordered with the wiring to do so.
I bought the plug-n-play.com harness kit. SO not sure :)

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just to confirm. If I have replaced dash, kick panel and rear pods AND have a Kicker Hideaway Powered Subwoofer, I would only need Kit 3, correct?
Where did you end up mounting/hiding/placing the Kicker Hideaway? How is the sound performance?

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The amp does not need separate power to be ran this amp does not draw enough power and is perfectly fine as I’ve sold thousands of them and the other copier of my harness does not have the ability to add the power wire into the harness and copying 100% of my design and that’s why offers it separately to be powered by the battery . As you can see he only makes a harness is he copied from me he is not a factory kicker dealer and that’s why he cannot sell any products as the stuff is homemade in this garage . If anybody really wants the separate plug to connect to the battery I do offer it as well

Sponsored

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The amp does not need separate power to be ran this amp does not draw enough power and is perfectly fine as I’ve sold thousands of them and the other copier of my harness does not have the ability to add the power wire into the harness and copying 100% of my design and that’s why offers it separately to be powered by the battery . As you can see he only makes a harness is he copied from me he is not a factory kicker dealer and that’s why he cannot sell any products as the stuff is homemade in this garage . If anybody really wants the separate plug to connect to the battery I do offer it as well
Ford Bronco Kicker Key Amp 200.4 Install DIY Video - Do this first! image

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Where did you end up mounting/hiding/placing the Kicker Hideaway? How is the sound performance?
I attached mine to the Deluxe Cargo Area Enclosure I installed. It has Molle panels. Made it easy. Sound is phenomenal for a sub that takes up little space. Splurge the extra $70 for the 46HS10. I went with the 8” but the 10” sounds noticeably better in my buddies.

83XLT

Big Bend
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 EG Big Bend 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It depends on how much bass you want. I think for most just having the 200.4 would be sufficient. It really does change the sound and gives some good mid range bass to the kick panels. I would run separate power for the 200.4. Hoel wiring made my harness complete with the power & ground wires completed and fuses included. He was super responsive over chat and even made a custom video for me to walk me through install …
Any chance I could see this custom video? I'm at the tail end of my install (Power wires, fuses, grounds) and can't get the Hoel guy to reply to my emails. I just want to see how it looks under the hood.

Jeverall

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any chance I could see this custom video? I'm at the tail end of my install (Power wires, fuses, grounds) and can't get the Hoel guy to reply to my emails. I just want to see how it looks under the hood.
Sent pm

Sponsored

MTmeterguy

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm running Hertz DSK 165.2 components with the Key 200.4 in bi-amp/active mode. The gains are set pretty low, but I don't run into any limits.

And dammmnnnn, does this little amp kick ass.
Finally got my Bronco and looking into doing similar in the front -- any suggestions/comments on running the Key 200.4 active? Did you use any of the harness from plugnplay?

Sassy51

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Blk BD 2.3 Auto - 1/11/22+9/21/22 11/29/22
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the PNPKit 11-4, so I didn’t have to splice into speaker wires. I screwed the hs10 into the rear cargo area firing up but I put the cargo mat over it to hide it. Not the prettiest solution, but I can just throw stuff on top of it now and it won’t attract thieves as much since I rarely have the top on. Having the top off let’s a lot of the sound out of the vehicle, so having the mat on top actually helps keep the sound in. It still sounds much better with the top on though.

Did u try this on the tailgate?

boomboomthump

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks everyone for the quick reply. Dropped it on a thumb-drive and worked like a champ. It also appears that I wasn't playing the test loud enough.

What volume level should you be running the pink noise at? "Conversational level" is highly subjective (which is what the instructions suggest).

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What volume level should you be running the pink noise at? "Conversational level" is highly subjective (which is what the instructions suggest).
I set mine to 12 or 15(it’s been a few months) after install 7 is the loudest I can run it if I want to talk to anyone. I also found with the soft top to my ears the sound is better when I put the microphone facing up on the center console armrest.

83XLT

Big Bend
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 EG Big Bend 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For those of you with Kicker Key and the Kicker hideaway sub, what are you setting the crossover at? I'm confused because the Key has options for Hi-pass filter at 60/80/120/off and the subwoofer also has options for crossing over at variable levels. Not sure if they are redundant or addressing something different
Sponsored