Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Kicker Key is a 4 channel amplifier.

If you wire it in the "normal way" and use one of the PnP harnesses that everyone is talking about, then it will power the front and back speakers (all 6). Keep in mind that the front speakers are a combination of the kick and dash on each side, so 4 front and 2 back.

It can be wired to ANY four channels, so some people wire the kicks and dash seperately (bi-amped), and do not amplify the backs (run directly from the head unit). But this requires an understanding of how to tap the kicks and dash speakers seperately.
The Key 4 channel is kind of a waste to use on the rear channel. Better to run new wires to the dash and power the kicks and dash separately with that amp. If you follow the 5 Star guys, that's all they use the Key amp for --- it's an easy way to get a fully active front stage tuned in.

If you follow the Kicker YouTube channel, they are talking about introducing more amps to the Key line in the future. A six channel amp would be incredible --- you could do an amazing three way active system up front.
Sponsored

Rimrattle

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OK so I want to get rid of the rear pods completely. I have removed the rear seats in my two door and don't need or want speakers back there. So should I run new wires from the amp to the front speakers like in the previous post or is there a simpler/better way?

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have had my kicker key 200.4 installed for about 6 months now using Plgnplay harness. I ordered the additional power harness to run power directly from the amp to the battery. Just installed over the weekend, makes a big difference!! I would gues 20-30% more volume without the amp clipping. Highly recommend adding this harness and running the power wire to the battery.
Here is the link for power adapter.

dangerfoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dangerfoot.com
Vehicle(s)
White Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have had my kicker key 200.4 installed for about 6 months now using Plgnplay harness. I ordered the additional power harness to run power directly from the amp to the battery. Just installed over the weekend, makes a big difference!! I would gues 20-30% more volume without the amp clipping. Highly recommend adding this harness and running the power wire to the battery.
Here is the link for power adapter.
It is the $10 part? Going to look into this as yeah....clipping happens.

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes,
KICKER KEY 200.4 POWER ADAPTER $10
PNP has recently been including this with the PNP harnesses for free. Mine came with it, but I chose not to use it. You’re all convincing me I now need to use it, lol.

Lurker B6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Murph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sent PnP an email. They want $7.50 to ship a $10 power adapter which should have been part of the initial buy. I have bought two harnesses from them in the last year, so will see if they can do any better...

GreyCactus

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What does this power adapter buy you? Just curious.

Couldn’t you just clip off the power wire to the amp and attach a long run to the battery?

Sponsored

dangerfoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dangerfoot.com
Vehicle(s)
White Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Couldn’t you just clip off the power wire to the amp and attach a long run to the battery?
Apparently the head unit connection wasn't providing enough power...this in theory should.
I'll install this weekend most likely and report back.

greatlakes

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Buick Special
Your Bronco Model
Base

Yes. Make sure you install an in-line fuse.

P_Baff

Badlands
First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 VW GTI & '21 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all:

So I have my 200.4 setup without the power adapter and the gains are all the way down. Does anyone here have their gains up without the power adapter? After Vol. "17" mine clips pretty hard.

How far up can you go on the volume before it starts to clip with the power adapter?

This could be the game changer I've been looking for as initially I was disappointed I couldn't get the gain higher on the 200.4.

Thanks!

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all:

So I have my 200.4 setup without the power adapter and the gains are all the way down. Does anyone here have their gains up without the power adapter? After Vol. "17" mine clips pretty hard.

How far up can you go on the volume before it starts to clip with the power adapter?

This could be the game changer I've been looking for as initially I was disappointed I couldn't get the gain higher on the 200.4.

Thanks!
I have my gains set at about 40%. I never set the volume over 11 or 12. It never clips.
I don’t know how y’all are able to stand the volume at 15+. 😱

P_Baff

Badlands
First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 VW GTI & '21 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have my gains set at about 40%. I never set the volume over 11 or 12. It never clips.
I don’t know how y’all are able to stand the volume at 15+. 😱
Do you have the power adapter installed? After the pink noise DSP I couldn't adjust the gains on the amp without it cutting off. I don't have a power adapter...yet.
Sponsored