Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey all:

So I have my 200.4 setup without the power adapter and the gains are all the way down. Does anyone here have their gains up without the power adapter? After Vol. "17" mine clips pretty hard.

How far up can you go on the volume before it starts to clip with the power adapter?

This could be the game changer I've been looking for as initially I was disappointed I couldn't get the gain higher on the 200.4.

Thanks!
My gains are at the minimum. Before adding power adapter direct to battery, clipped around 16-19 depending on the music, after power adapter clips around 20-23.
Sponsored

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What does this power adapter buy you? Just curious.

Couldnā€™t you just clip off the power wire to the amp and attach a long run to the battery?
Yes, but I would think you would also want to run a new ground as well. The cables on the adapter are doubled up wires for both power and ground. Bottom line, just like all harnesses, makes things a bit easier to connect.

GreyCactus

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, but I would think you would also want to run a new ground as well. The cables on the adapter are doubled up wires for both power and ground. Bottom line, just like all harnesses, makes things a bit easier to connect.
Thanks for clarifying!

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have the power adapter installed? After the pink noise DSP I couldn't adjust the gains on the amp without it cutting off. I don't have a power adapter...yet.
I do not have the power adapter. I set my volume at 17 when I did the DSP. Then I raised my gain until the speakers clipped. So I guess if I did turn the volume up to 17 they would clip.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where is eveyone grounding their amps on the Bronco? I have a PlugnPlay kit with the AudioControl ACM 4.300 and I have it grounded to a metal support beam under the dash, to the left of the glovebox. There were several factory ground wires there and I just put it under one of the factory ground wire bolts. My amp shuts off / re-boots at high volumes and pops on turn on and turn off. Its not getting hot at all, so that is not the problem. I am using the GTO signal sense and plan on changing that to a straight remote wire, but think I might want to change the ground point as well while I'm in there.

Sponsored

dangerfoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dangerfoot.com
Vehicle(s)
White Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey all:

So I have my 200.4 setup without the power adapter and the gains are all the way down. Does anyone here have their gains up without the power adapter? After Vol. "17" mine clips pretty hard.

How far up can you go on the volume before it starts to clip with the power adapter?

This could be the game changer I've been looking for as initially I was disappointed I couldn't get the gain higher on the 200.4.

Thanks!
My gains are at the minimum. Before adding power adapter direct to battery, clipped around 16-19 depending on the music, after power adapter clips around 20-23.
Thanks @Bearcat1 - I have the kit now and will be installing soon - have the same thing. Clips 17ish, which is just a hair quieter than I'd like with the top off at speed.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

@67BroncoG1 Hard to tell from your video but it looks like you set:
Auto Turn On to DC Offset
Compression to On

Are you happy with the Compression setting?

Also, did you push in Radio Detect or leave it out?

OP
OP
67BroncoG1

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@67BroncoG1 Hard to tell from your video but it looks like you set:
Auto Turn On to DC Offset
Compression to On

Are you happy with the Compression setting?

Also, did you push in Radio Detect or leave it out?
To be honest, I donā€™t remember anymore. Iā€™ll look next time Iā€™m back in the same city as my bronco.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cool! Iā€™ll think I got everything for the switch?
I cant wait to try it out! Have time off between Christmas and new years.
I am curious to
First try it with the stock speakers to hear the difference.
And then add the Kicker speakers and dash Bass blockers!

Ford Bronco Kicker Key Amp 200.4 Install DIY Video - Do this first! A4509063-3552-4310-B3A9-07DA25E66FA6

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The one thing that everyone needs to understand is that gains on an amplifier are to increase the input sensitivity when using the speaker outputs from the factory radio you are using whatā€™s called high-level input which already is a strong signal gains on an amp or not a volume knob the amp puts out the same amount of power whether the gains are off or all the way Maxout the gains on this amplifier because itā€™s getting signal from the factory radio should be practically off raising them is just gonna freak out the amplifier and cause clipping distortion and will not get you any more power

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe someone answered this in the 65 pages but....

Does adding just the 200.4 resolve the lack of lower frequencies? From my understanding 6.5 speakers (kick panels) can have a Frequency Response: 65-20,000 Hz.

That should be plenty low enough to hit those lower frequencies. Yet when I put on a song that vibrates the Jeep, the Bronco just falls off as if it's not even there.

I don't need anything necessarily louder than stock, but I miss hearing the lower base frequencies so I'm trying to decide whether amplifying the factory speakers (Even if I have to replace the actual speakers with better ones), are going the key 500.1 route with some sort of sub.

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

6.5ā€ speakers donā€™t have the surface area to move that much air. The amp will help a little but youā€™re not going to be rolling down the street blasting Posse on Broadway. A subwoofer will fill in the low end, a little of which probably dips below 65Hz.

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Navigator, 79 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Love the "Posse on Broadway" shout out! Will definitely be blasting that in mine šŸ˜„

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This seems important but I canā€™t decipher what you said about gain
The one thing that everyone needs to understand is that gains on an amplifier are to increase the input sensitivity when using the speaker outputs from the factory radio you are using whatā€™s called high-level input which already is a strong signal gains on an amp or not a volume knob the amp puts out the same amount of power whether the gains are off or all the way Maxout the gains on this amplifier because itā€™s getting signal from the factory radio should be practically off raising them is just gonna freak out the amplifier and cause clipping distortion and will not get you any more power
This seems important but I canā€™t decipher what you said about gain limitations. Can you restate that a little more coherently or can someone translate?
Many thanks.

jgjh151

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hes saying you don't need to turn up the gains on the amp, I think.
Sponsored