First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct. They make it and sell it directly to the consumer. You might want to call because I found that his online inventory isn't always up to date.
I ordered a few days ago. They’re 30-45 days out.
Sponsored

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are they the only ones that carry this plug n play harness?
Joe/PNP is clearly the first one to market with this harness. The biggest challenge is the Bronco head unit has a different style of plug that the big players haven't started producing yet. But more importantly Joe 1.) builds a high quality product that literally is plug & play and 2.) backs his product with technical support. It's worth the wait.

Kyrioslol

Wildtrak
First Name
Talal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4D Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I found this earlier today but i dont really know if its the same as the plug and play harness
Sounds Good Stereo

Can anyone confirm if this would work as a replacement ? since the wait time is more than a month

Thanks

Thicky_Vicky

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@taramar
I wanted to post an update on my build as reading these threads has helped a ton so passing this on for others for help and inspiration.

I completed today the install of a kicker key 200.1 with PlugNPlay kit 11 with the added subwoofer to RCA plugs. I used the Kicker 800 amp with Kicker 48TRTP122 down firing sub. I went with this down firing sub so I could stack things on top. I also wanted keep the sound in a bit more with the top off. Fear not about downfiring on base output, this thing hits hard..

I bought the KnuKonceptz 4 gauge amp installation kit as well as a kicker bass control knob. 4 gauge was the recommendation on the 800 amp. After reading many wiring posts from Reddit and other places I chose this as it was as high quality as kits from Crutchfield that were almost 2x as much. I did my own home theatre and I know better than to cheap out on cable. Maybe wiring kits were barely a thought for others, but I didn’t know much about this as it relates to amps so I researched quite a bit.

Cost wise I’m in for about $1400 total between the PlugNPlay harness with sub and RCA, two amps, the sub, the amp installation kit and bass control knob and 6 Kicker KS speakers with boom mats and harnesses. The local car audio shop wanted $1k just for the speakers and the kicker 200 amp. I’d bet they’d have got me for $3k for this setup otherwise.

The sound is outstanding now. I had the Alpine system in my Wrangler before and this system kicks the crap out of that. It’s been cool to hear the difference with each piece of equipment as I did this over 3 different steps. First speakers, then speaker amps, then sub.

I am basically new to car audio and using this thread and the original videos plus a few key posts and I got it done solo in about 5 hours. I mounted the amp above the glove box vs under the steering wheel as I wanted to run the power for the sub down the driver side and also maximize how much RCA cable I had/ not have it next to the power.

Special thanks to @Thicky_Vicky for her post on page 20 as I was really struggling to find a good spot for the sub amp. I know the spot under the carpet in the back isn’t for everyone, but I won’t be getting rained on and it’s a cubby that would never have been used. For the record it sits in really nicely and does not rattle. I’ll clean up the cabling in the pic below at some point, but I didn’t want to trim it and lose options in the future. I’m not 100% committed to the amp location and will consider going where the factory one is in the future should I see a post that isn’t as involved as @cmcbronco (though I’m jealous of his skills).

The video below was also very helpful, particularly because @evilletruck shows how to get the control panel off where the head unit wiring is without it being scary as hell. He shows the spot to punch through the firewall. He also explores behind all the paneling in the rear which was useful in ruling out places and giving me future ideas. I’d recommend this in addition to the original post.

1229AD47-D238-4E80-A298-6F58FD6F0D9E.jpeg

D0AAD5AB-E9A5-4BD4-B599-1170A7DC7423.jpeg

Looks good!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hey @67BroncoG1 - any idea how deep the front and rear 4" locations are? I am assuming the rears are deeper, but wondering if a 2" deep 4" speaker will fit.

Sponsored

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey @67BroncoG1 - any idea how deep the front and rear 4" locations are? I am assuming the rears are deeper, but wondering if a 2" deep 4" speaker will fit.
2” will fit. You’ll have to move a clip that holds a wire though as it sits directly underneath the speaker.

Thrawn2k2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4d BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This looks good! What’s the optimal way to add the factory B & O sub/enclosure to this kicker key amp/dsp setup?

Additional amp needed?

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
This looks good! What’s the optimal way to add the factory B & O sub/enclosure to this kicker key amp/dsp setup?

Additional amp needed?
If you want a sub yes you’ll need another amp. The kicker key 500.1 is a great option.

Synyster06Gates

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine shipped! Just wanted to check in - I’ve got the high package. The install is the same for the 12” display, correct?

I’ve got an old Kicker CXA600.1 and CompVX 10” sub I can throw around if the CS speakers all around and the Key aren’t enough.

Sponsored

2ata

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curr.: 2021 Ford Bronco; '77 924, '01 986, '02 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

*DISREGARD got it straightened out*

I’ve got everything plugged in, however, I have zero audio output. Any thoughts?

@plugnplaykits

I’ve confirmed power through the harness. (Kit 11, harness and Kicker amp)

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is a nice kit, and I’d like to use it, but I suspect Raptor—with it’s standard high package 7 channel set up and Sub w/ DSP—is going to require a different adapter harness.

Won’t know untiL I get the Raptor and dig in back there to find out if they used a unique plug or have run the Sub line separately.

Ford Bronco Kicker Key Amp 200.4 Install DIY Video - Do this first! page_15

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just replaced all my speakers with kickers. I’m wondering if others have the same outcome. I get a lot more clarity and highs. The lower tones seem to have gone away. No real bass to speak of.

Synyster06Gates

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the kit 11 on the way - but I also want to add a sub. Anyone know if I can use kit 1 in between the factory harness and the key harness to grab an unamplified signal? I have a Kicker LOC wired into my kicker 6.5'' but now that signal will be amplified...
Sponsored