First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does adding the kicker KEY 200.4 fix the issue with no bass signals going to the rear pods? Or does it still require some reprogramming of the head unit?
I haven't heard a definite answer on that, rumors that I have heard are that it does do some sort of channel summing using the full range signal from the front channels to fill in the missing base on the back channels.

I am real tempted to run the 200.4 in bi-amp mode and just drive the front speakers off the amp while using the unamplified rear signal to drive the pod speakers in the rear. The only thing that is holding me back from doing this is the possibility that someone will come out with reasonably priced replacement pods for the rear to house 6.5 inch speakers.

I am going to talk to my dealership when I pick up my Bronco (supposed to be built next week) and see if they will flash it for the JBL sound bar even though I'm not going to buy one which should provide full range to the rear.
Sponsored

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I haven't heard a definite answer on that, rumors that I have heard are that it does do some sort of channel summing using the full range signal from the front channels to fill in the missing base on the back channels.

I am real tempted to run the 200.4 in bi-amp mode and just drive the front speakers off the amp while using the unamplified rear signal to drive the pod speakers in the rear. The only thing that is holding me back from doing this is the possibility that someone will come out with reasonably priced replacement pods for the rear to house 6.5 inch speakers.

I am going to talk to my dealership when I pick up my Bronco (supposed to be built next week) and see if they will flash it for the JBL sound bar even though I'm not going to buy one which should provide full range to the rear.
Hmm ok. Yeah my bronco arrived Friday and is sitting with the dealer while i get sale of my existing car squared away so didnt know if i needed to ask him to do that or not. Wish we had a solid answer.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would ask him anyway - can't hurt, worst case if he does it and you are not immediately upgrading your stereo you can either use the fader to not use the rear pods or limit using them until you upgrade or install some cheap bass blockers on the existing speakers.

I think it is worthwhile just to get it done as long as they don't charge an arm and a leg for it.

TXBronco72

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 / 4D ‘23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just placed my order. These guys were awesome to deal with. I chose the following:

• Kit 11-4 (harness plus 17 ft sub amp cable)
  • Kicker Key 200.4 (PNPK was out of stock so I found and ordered one on Best Buy's website for $269)
  • AudioControl ACM 1.300 mono amp
  • AudioControl dash remote
  • Kicker KS 4" speakers for the dash (going to wait on kick panel speakers based on everyone's comments that the stock speakers work well with amp install)
  • Kicker 10" down firing sub (in my 2D, the rear seats stick up ~5" off the floor when folded down. The sub is 5 5/8" tall, so if anything it should give me a flatter surface across the whole rear)
I bought my Bronco used and the original owner installed the JBL sound bar. I'm going to wait to see how the system sounds before deciding what to do with it. Supposedly it's rated for 100W/channel so we'll see if there's decent improvement.

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey Gang,

Just installed the Key 200.4 in my wife’s bronco with the 6 speaker system. I have a noticeable pop to the rear speakers when the power to the vehicle gets cut (like 30 seconds after engine and screen off) has anyone else experience this? I have PnP 11-4 and the sub is not hooked up yet but taped up each bare lead to ensure no contact. Anyone else experience this and have a fix?

my first thought is to cut and create dedicated wiring and ground.

Sponsored

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey Gang,

Just installed the Key 200.4 in my wife’s bronco with the 6 speaker system. I have a noticeable pop to the rear speakers when the power to the vehicle gets cut (like 30 seconds after engine and screen off) has anyone else experience this? I have PnP 11-4 and the sub is not hooked up yet but taped up each bare lead to ensure no contact. Anyone else experience this and have a fix?

my first thought is to cut and create dedicated wiring and ground.
After troubleshooting I found that enabling Radio Detect and recalibrating completely removed the pop when turning off.

BroncMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is there some trick to unplugging the black plug from the head unit?

I saw from the plug and play harness that there was a tab on the front of the connector to push in then presumably just unplug it, but I am having a whale of a time on this single step trying to free that up.

Any help thanks!!!

Jeverall

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is there some trick to unplugging the black plug from the head unit?

I saw from the plug and play harness that there was a tab on the front of the connector to push in then presumably just unplug it, but I am having a whale of a time on this single step trying to free that up.

Any help thanks!!!
If you haven’t already, You could attempt to remove the other one on the left first (i think it is white) to get better access to the black one.

I feel like I had trouble with every step of this process…😆… I’m just not good with this kind of stuff …

GL

Last edited:

BroncMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for this encouragement, everything else was going smoothly. Had trouble with the white/grey one too

Remain baffled

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I finally put the Kicker Key 200.4 in the Bronco today. Only broke one clip and one minor cut. Sounds better, lot more volume. What is the trick to getting the damn pink noise DSP programming to work? Tried through BT and CarPlay with my iPhone (in Airplane mode plus BT even) and my Chromebook with Wifi off and connected via BT. Crapped out at about 2 minutes in on all attempts. I thought I saw the answer in here, but I'm honestly too tired to look right now. Anybody have a quick answer?

Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
I finally put the Kicker Key 200.4 in the Bronco today. Only broke one clip and one minor cut. Sounds better, lot more volume. What is the trick to getting the damn pink noise DSP programming to work? Tried through BT and CarPlay with my iPhone (in Airplane mode plus BT even) and my Chromebook with Wifi off and connected via BT. Crapped out at about 2 minutes in on all attempts. I thought I saw the answer in here, but I'm honestly too tired to look right now. Anybody have a quick answer?
It isn't supposed to work real good via BT, save it on a usb stick and play it off of that

BroncoAg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base

SlvrSurfRidr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Carbonized Gray 4DR, High/Tow, SoftTop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Connect with a cable rather than BT. Select input source, select your device, press play on your device. Let the track play then use the Key remote to start the tuning process.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks everyone for the quick reply. Dropped it on a thumb-drive and worked like a champ. It also appears that I wasn't playing the test loud enough.

emaier

Outer Banks
First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Laramie
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow just wow!!!!

I installed the kicker key this morning and I am finally happy with the stereo.

I installed polk audios about 6 months ago and it was better then I had my dealer instal the jbl software for the rear speakers to get full range and it made it helped but the kicker key amplifier knocked it out of the park and the plug and play kit mad it simple.

Thanks BRONCO6G
Sponsored