Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looking for some advice on how to troubleshoot this issue:

I installed the Kicker Key Amp 200.4 and Plug N Play wiring harness. Out of the box everything worked great.

A few days after some use, the driver side dash speaker and front door speaker no longer have sound. Every other speaker does have sound.

I tried to setup the Kicker again using the pink noise method and I get the "sad sound" (first time setup was happy sound). I made sure the balance is correct in the Ford sync sound setup. I did master reset for Ford Connected services.

I tried a different speaker in the dash to make sure I didn't blow the speaker and still no sound.

Checked the harness fuse, looks fine.

Any other ideas? I am thinking either the kicker amp went bad or the harness went bad on a few of the cables powering the speakers with issues.

Note: if I turn the gain up on the speakers that do not work, you can hear that some level of power (hiss) is getting to them but no sound from any inputs (radio, sirius, phone)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looking for some advice on how to troubleshoot this issue:

I installed the Kicker Key Amp 200.4 and Plug N Play wiring harness. Out of the box everything worked great.

A few days after some use, the driver side dash speaker and front door speaker no longer have sound. Every other speaker does have sound.

I tried to setup the Kicker again using the pink noise method and I get the "sad sound" (first time setup was happy sound). I made sure the balance is correct in the Ford sync sound setup. I did master reset for Ford Connected services.

I tried a different speaker in the dash to make sure I didn't blow the speaker and still no sound.

Checked the harness fuse, looks fine.

Any other ideas? I am thinking either the kicker amp went bad or the harness went bad on a few of the cables powering the speakers with issues.
Did you also try unplugging the amp and plugging the original harness back into the radio unit?

OP
OP
mdk77

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you also try unplugging the amp and plugging the original harness back into the radio unit?
No. I am afraid that may be next in my troubleshooting but not looking forward to popping off the front lower dash again.

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No. I am afraid that may be next in my troubleshooting but not looking forward to popping off the front lower dash again.
Check the harness and make sure when you were pushing everything back in the dash that you didn’t rip one of the wires out of the plug the pins are not long on these connectors and if you push with your hand down close to where the wire comes in you could’ve ripped out a wire if so send it back to me I will fix it free of charge just cover the shipping

OP
OP
mdk77

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Check the harness and make sure when you were pushing everything back in the dash that you didn’t rip one of the wires out of the plug the pins are not long on these connectors and if you push with your hand down close to where the wire comes in you could’ve ripped out a wire if so send it back to me I will fix it free of charge just cover the shipping
I appreciate that! I will try a few more things tomorrow and send you a note if I need it fixed. Thanks again

Sponsored
OP
OP
mdk77

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After more troubleshooting today I found one wire pulled out ever so slightly. I put it back into the metal tip and recrimped it down. I added a few wraps of electrical tape as well to make sure it stays put. Put everything back and things are working fine now.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

After more troubleshooting today I found one wire pulled out ever so slightly. I put it back into the metal tip and recrimped it down. I added a few wraps of electrical tape as well to make sure it stays put. Put everything back and things are working fine now.
Which end of the harness did you notice this on? I'm having a similar symptom here where I've got a dead channel, and the speaker checks out just fine on some other equipment, so I'm about to either chase a wiring problem or a dead channel on the amp and am hoping to save some troubleshooting time. The amp losing a channel seems odd, since they do seem to be fairly reliable based on internet sleuthing. Also noticed that I've got some errant codes in the ACM for connectivity to the right rear channel (from months ago), so I'm hoping it's an easy fix.

OP
OP
mdk77

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Which end of the harness did you notice this on? I'm having a similar symptom here where I've got a dead channel, and the speaker checks out just fine on some other equipment, so I'm about to either chase a wiring problem or a dead channel on the amp and am hoping to save some troubleshooting time. The amp losing a channel seems odd, since they do seem to be fairly reliable based on internet sleuthing. Also noticed that I've got some errant codes in the ACM for connectivity to the right rear channel (from months ago), so I'm hoping it's an easy fix.
This was some time ago but I believe it was the harness on the front speaker. For your issue have you tried to get all speakers working without the amp? That would at least eliminate an amp issue versus factory wiring issue.
Sponsored