redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I read on Bronco Nation that Ford is doing Bronco Basecamp again. Any of you registered? They are putting on a few runs, a night run and a celebrity run. Must be with some of the Bronco racers. If any of you have general questions when you get there, stop by the Tech Tent in Hammertown and I can see if I can answer them. We are usually on the east side, last street, close to Rugged Radios. My CO Badlands will be parked there.

King of the Motos was badass!!!! Going to be an epic KOH this year!!! (y)(y)

Thanks Goatman!!!!!!
Sponsored

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Already here in Johnson valley took my bronco up “Bronco Knoll” no lockers, 33s, 4 low and some spotters. Scratched it up a bit from a cactus thing but it can buff out 😅

03E7A2B5-5155-46E5-9927-917E5FA9CE6A.jpeg

805BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Chevy Bolt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I read on Bronco Nation that Ford is doing Bronco Basecamp again. Any of you registered? They are putting on a few runs, a night run and a celebrity run. Must be with some of the Bronco racers. If any of you have general questions when you get there, stop by the Tech Tent in Hammertown and I can see if I can answer them. We are usually on the east side, last street, close to Rugged Radios. My CO Badlands will be parked there.
I am signed up to camp with BN. Looking forward to these events. I'll be there with my overland trailer (in my profile pic)
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lovell is on the lakebed........trearing it up 😁

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got back from a solo day trip yesterday to KOH. My first time and boy was it an intense experience. Got there just around sunrise before all the activity and then things ramped all day including the wind.

Met friendly people and did the Kawasaki utv demo ride, and that was fun. If you are there, sign up and beat up their machines. I think can-am has one going too.

I'm going to try and make it up there for another night next weekend, but I feel like that's going to be an even more intense weekend.

Side note, I was watching the races near the fuel pits and one of the teams asked if we could help bring some fuel back for them. When no one stepped up, I offered but said I actually have no clue where I am. Fearing I would end up gone for hours they found someone else. LOL.

The map situation is a bit messed up, the one they give you when you get in is ok. The map app they offer really stinks tbh. Basic maps of the course and especially spectator co-ordinates should be part of the entrance fee and made available in standard .kml or .gpx files. As a newbie this was the only part I didn't like.
Ford Bronco King Of The Hammers 2023 Prep 8115E618-D5AD-4619-A1E7-1FD33EFAB92D_1_105_c

Sponsored

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am signed up to camp with BN. Looking forward to these events. I'll be there with my overland trailer (in my profile pic)
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
See you at Bronco Nation Base Camp!

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got back from a solo day trip yesterday to KOH. My first time and boy was it an intense experience. Got there just around sunrise before all the activity and then things ramped all day including the wind.

Met friendly people and did the Kawasaki utv demo ride, and that was fun. If you are there, sign up and beat up their machines. I think can-am has one going too.

I'm going to try and make it up there for another night next weekend, but I feel like that's going to be an even more intense weekend.

Side note, I was watching the races near the fuel pits and one of the teams asked if we could help bring some fuel back for them. When no one stepped up, I offered but said I actually have no clue where I am. Fearing I would end up gone for hours they found someone else. LOL.

The map situation is a bit messed up, the one they give you when you get in is ok. The map app they offer really stinks tbh. Basic maps of the course and especially spectator co-ordinates should be part of the entrance fee and made available in standard .kml or .gpx files. As a newbie this was the only part I didn't like.
Ford Bronco King Of The Hammers 2023 Prep 8115E618-D5AD-4619-A1E7-1FD33EFAB92D_1_105_c
Sounds like you had a blast! On X Offroad app has some great maps of the course, Hammertown and area. You can also download all those maps to use there since cell service is shotty. Worth checking out if you don't use that app it's worth paying for to use year round.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Spotted the infamous @goatman2 Bronco yesterday morning at the start of the T1 race. :LOL:

Ford Bronco King Of The Hammers 2023 Prep 1675729047311

I spotted you in the tent also but can't recall where it was in the video.

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Spotted the infamous @goatman2 Bronco yesterday morning at the start of the T1 race. :LOL:

Ford Bronco King Of The Hammers 2023 Prep 1675729047311

I spotted you in the tent also but can't recall where it was in the video.

Yep, that's it. We contingency teched well over 200 desert cars Sat morning, plus full tech on Ultra4 cars. Whew! Busy day.

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
See you at Bronco Nation Base Camp!

Had lunch with staff of Bronco Base Camp yesterday. They said by the end of the week they'll have over 200 people in camp. Sounds fun, and I'll have to drive over there one evening.

Sponsored

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco King Of The Hammers 2023 Prep 20230206_065634
Ford Bronco King Of The Hammers 2023 Prep 20230206_165853
Ford Bronco King Of The Hammers 2023 Prep 20230206_172036

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had lunch with staff of Bronco Base Camp yesterday. They said by the end of the week they'll have over 200 people in camp. Sounds fun, and I'll have to drive over there one evening.
Yeah last weekend is always the busiest it seems. How has the wind and temps been out there?

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah last weekend is always the busiest it seems. How has the wind and temps been out there?

Last two days we had wind and at times got pretty dusty. Today is cool but clear with a breeze enough to keep the dust down. Forcast is pretty good overall.
Sponsored