Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last two days we had wind and at times got pretty dusty. Today is cool but clear with a breeze enough to keep the dust down. Forcast is pretty good overall.
Thanks I am tent camping so wondering how crazy it was getting wind wise. Appreciate the info.
Sponsored

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@goatman2 When you have some time can you share with us some of the common reasons teams don't pass tech?
Sure. Quite a few things actually, but none real big. Vent line routing, t-case, diffs, and fuel tank. Some front bumpers are too short, need to be in front of the tires. Rear facing lights not working properly, must all be on with the ignition. Some motors don't shut down when the master kill switch is turned off, must run the alternator field wire through the kill switch. Seat belt attachments are a big fail, but simple, the wrap around the buckle is incomplete or there are no pins or safety wire in clip on attachments. Sometimes the seat belts are out of date. Don't have correct numbers. Missing rear reflector tape. Have gaps in the firewall or holes in the floor over the trans/t-case. Don't have proper splash shields or location of the fuel fill, any spilled fuel must drop outside of the car. Dzus fasteners instead of bolts in the roof, and the roof material too thin. Fire extinguishers out of date. Sometimes missing fireproof shoes and socks, and once in a while a helmet is out of date. Everything gets fixed, and sometimes we give the racer a warning to have something rectified by the next race...but only things that would be extremely difficult to get resolved. The things I've mentioned so far we require to be fixed before they can pass tech and race.

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure. Quite a few things actually, but none real big. Vent line routing, t-case, diffs, and fuel tank. Some front bumpers are too short, need to be in front of the tires. Rear facing lights not working properly, must all be on with the ignition. Some motors don't shut down when the master kill switch is turned off, must run the alternator field wire through the kill switch. Seat belt attachments are a big fail, but simple, the wrap around the buckle is incomplete or there are no pins or safety wire in clip on attachments. Sometimes the seat belts are out of date. Don't have correct numbers. Missing rear reflector tape. Have gaps in the firewall or holes in the floor over the trans/t-case. Don't have proper splash shields or location of the fuel fill, any spilled fuel must drop outside of the car. Dzus fasteners instead of bolts in the roof, and the roof material too thin. Fire extinguishers out of date. Sometimes missing fireproof shoes and socks, and once in a while a helmet is out of date. Everything gets fixed, and sometimes we give the racer a warning to have something rectified by the next race...but only things that would be extremely difficult to get resolved. The things I've mentioned so far we require to be fixed before they can pass tech and race.
Thanks for sharing, I'm learning about these KOH builds and what it takes. Just an insane amount of prep work and dedication to get it going. Much respect to all the teams and techs for putting in the work.

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I won't be able to get onto the lakebed before Saturday morning, but I had enough time to do a little flyby a couple days ago to get some pictures of Hammertown. It's more like Hammercity these days.

KOH2023-5.jpg

KOH2023-1.jpg

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I won't be able to get onto the lakebed before Saturday morning, but I had enough time to do a little flyby a couple days ago to get some pictures of Hammertown. It's more like Hammercity these days.

Ford Bronco King Of The Hammers 2023 Prep KOH2023-1

Damn

Sponsored

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Nice view. Work or pleasure? Are you just hanging out on Sat? I'll be finished by about 8:30, then nothing until the top three finish. We have to check for tire balls.

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice view. Work or pleasure? Are you just hanging out on Sat? I'll be finished by about 8:30, then nothing until the top three finish. We have to check for tire balls.
That was on my day off. I do fly over a lot at work, but usually much higher up. We're just coming out to have fun, hopefully see Kenyon and Erin as well. I'll hit you up when we get out there.

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That was on my day off. I do fly over a lot at work, but usually much higher up. We're just coming out to have fun, hopefully see Kenyon and Erin as well. I'll hit you up when we get out there.

Cool. I saw them and the kids this morning.

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shiftsandgrinsfabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be racing it, so no bronco there unless the wife brings it down for getting around, but will probably bring my rockcrawler to prerun with so she can use that. Racecar is almost done!

I love those ADS Shocks!!!

Sponsored

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shiftsandgrinsfabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bumping this thread.

Where is the 2024 KoH prep??

I drug the jku out the past few years.

Who will be on the lakebed in 60 days???

Ford Bronco King Of The Hammers 2023 Prep 20230206_082205
We will be.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bumping this thread.

Where is the 2024 KoH prep??

I drug the jku out the past few years.

Who will be on the lakebed in 60 days???

Ford Bronco King Of The Hammers 2023 Prep 20230206_082205
Had to do a double take, the relative positioning of the trailer to the overhead light made me briefly think you had the world's tallest, skinniest, strangest snorkel installed. :LOL: