Sponsored

King Ranch Coming to Explorer, Bronco Next?

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What is the significance of King Ranch? I'm a long time Ford hater so I am kinda clueless what they have to offer that makes it special..
King Ranch used to be THE trim on Ford trucks. Fully loaded and used gorgeous brown saddle leather. Real leather, not the plasticized top coated stuff found in any other leather interior.

Nowadays though, it's just a brown version of the same crappy leather used in any other Ford.

King Ranch is actually a real ranch in Texas too. The logo in King Ranch Fords is their logo.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Ranch
Sponsored

mac62989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma Sport Access Cab, 2001 Trans AM WS6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
King Ranch used to be THE trim on Ford trucks. Fully loaded and used gorgeous brown saddle leather. Real leather, not the plasticized top coated stuff found in any other leather interior.

Nowadays though, it's just a brown version of the same crappy leather used in any other Ford.

King Ranch is actually a real ranch in Texas too. The logo in King Ranch Fords is their logo.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Ranch
So the biggest draw is strictly a more luxurious interior?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is the significance of King Ranch? I'm a long time Ford hater so I am kinda clueless what they have to offer that makes it special..
Some of the nicest and best leather seats you can buy. They also come with leather and wood trimming throughout the interior. Luxury and tech options wise, they are slated between the Lariat and Platinum. I always considered the KR low key luxury.

I had meant to say F series.
KR has also been available on the Expedition in the 2000's. They just recently brought it back though.

CoolTech

Wildtrak
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have been a BIG fan of the King Ranch trims when they were offered on the trucks. BUT, the real differentiator was the leather itself - very tangibly a big upgrade over the other interiors. Now, it seems that the King Ranch is only in the minds of the marketing folks and what they are trying to do is give you nothing for something. In brief, it looks like color/pattern only. Most DEFINITELY it is NOT the high-quality, thick, supple, leather that adorned the original King Ranches. Shame on Ford.

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So the biggest draw is strictly a more luxurious interior?
Basically, yeah. King Ranch used to be the top trim, alongside Harley, and had the nicest seats you could get in a truck back in the 2000s. Now you've got Platinum and Limited above KR though, and the leather isn't as nice as it used to be. Like someone else said, that trim is just a shadow of what it once was.

mac62989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma Sport Access Cab, 2001 Trans AM WS6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the explanation guys. To answer the OPs question would I buy it, I would say a strong no. Luxury has never appealed to me much and if that's what interested me I would not be looking at Ford and or Bronco..

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Born and raised in Arkansas. There ain’t no dang way I drive a TX branded vehicle.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Texans sure are proud of their ranches even if they don't own them. My friends own the Sol y Sambra Ranch catering towards exotic wildlife safari/hunting.

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love the King Ranch! I view it as a modern day Eddie Bauer. I mean throw in the tan two tone and a tan top to match... Yes please!

2-1533225334417@2x.jpg

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love the King Ranch! I view it as a modern day Eddie Bauer. I mean throw in the tan two tone and a tan top to match... Yes please!

Ford Bronco King Ranch Coming to Explorer, Bronco Next? 2-1533225334417@2x
Alright one more picture. Id take an antimatter blue king ranch badlands please
maxresdefault.jpg

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hard NO
I have never liked the King Ranch editions, don't like brown leather in general, but any additional options are welcome for those that do like it.
This

Never a huge fan of the King Ranch, only thing I have like is sometimes they have good looking wheel package to go with it. Usually a different color of a wheel already offered but not a huge fan of the King ranch

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

King Ranch emblem = saggy grandma boobies