Sponsored

King Ranch Coming to Explorer, Bronco Next?

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The original aniline leather was what defined the original King Ranch interior. I wish they would return to aniline, but after owning it in an F150 it's not the right match for the Bronco and an open- air offroad vehicle.
Sponsored

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doubt it. F-series trucks, Expedition, and Explorer have XL, XLT, Lariat etc. Bronco has different names so I doubt if they will have a King Ranch version of the Bronco. If they ever do it will have a different name.

Deleted member 18388

Ford just revealed new King Ranch edition in the Explorer. Originally just an F-150 trim, Ford appears to be expanding to other models after being offered on the Expedition and now Explorer.

Levine had hinted at multiple special editions coming in MY22. We know about the Heritage edition. Could the King Ranch edition be next? Would you buy it?

Edit: Above I said F-150. I meant to say F series.

1614172225327.png

1614172290991.png

To me the preproduction interior below looks a lot like a King Ranch interior minus the logos.

1614173491007.png
Yes. I'm not a big luxury guy, but love the king ranch brown leather.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I like it, but like with any upscale feature that's upscale for the sake of being upscale, I wouldn't pay for it.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
If they did this would be a few years out.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I said it before, but if Ford offered a higher end interior package with soft touch dash, better materials throughout, more stitching, etc etc. Basically removing all the hard plastics from your knees up, with more items upholstered...I would pay upwards of 5k for it. It's still really undercutting Defender level pricing. Honestly, it starts to become a poor mans G wagon (not that I want a G wagon), but that would be one hell of a Bronco even if it were ~$65k fully loaded.

So technically - yes. Although I dislike the insane amount of King Ranch logos.

Last edited:

john houseman

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 2000 F-250, 1969 Cougar Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the idea of a King Ranch look, even if they don't call it a King Ranch. The pre-production interior is what I really wanted. I have a ranch with some areas that need a capable 4x4, but I will also daily drive this vehicle - so I want some luxury, cabin like feel to the interior too. I don't do serious off roading for fun, but ocaissionally need to for work. Distressed leather always looks distressed. So jumping in and out with something sharp in your pocket, which scrapes the surface, won't destroy the beauty of the leather. I'm in, if Ford will do it.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would pay an extra $500 to get rid of the orange in the BL interior, the A51 in the Wildtrak, and so on. Offer neutral in all or matching exterior paint on the grab handles, chicklets, and stitching.
Selfishly, with a CO 2DR BL on order, I like the orange trim. I don't think I'd be as excited about the orange trim if I was getting any other exterior color.

Frosty

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this shows up on build and price Lux package for 2022 Bronco. Anyone know why?
Ford Bronco King Ranch Coming to Explorer, Bronco Next? 09E99D15-8436-4F5E-9DAE-4F92C533FAA1

Last edited:

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

With 100k platinum lighting's why not

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

this sows up on build and price Lux package for 2022 Bronco. Anyone know why?
Ford Bronco King Ranch Coming to Explorer, Bronco Next? 09E99D15-8436-4F5E-9DAE-4F92C533FAA1
Gotta be the rumored but quashed Gladiator competitor, pickup bed version of Bronco, otherwise who needs a tailgate step.

But it does puzzle me why they did not come out with a King Ranch AND a H-D edition. On eof the Bronco generations had an Eddie Bauer edition.

If they could get Kevin Costner to drive a Ford instead of a Ram in season 5 of Yellowstone they might offer a Dutton Ranch version. Mythical ranch version to go with mythical deliveries.

In any event the Bronco will look like it is wearing glasses in a quad headlight option, lol

cscottp67

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-250 / 20 f-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would be cool if they brought back the Eddie Bauer trim level. Still have the chairs from my old bronco

EBG

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71EB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

King Ranch used to be THE trim on Ford trucks. Fully loaded and used gorgeous brown saddle leather. Real leather, not the plasticized top coated stuff found in any other leather interior.

Nowadays though, it's just a brown version of the same crappy leather used in any other Ford.

King Ranch is actually a real ranch in Texas too. The logo in King Ranch Fords is their logo.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Ranch
Yep, and it's HUGE. I grew up in Kingsville, just east of the King Ranch. It's big, but it's south Texas, which means it's scrub brush, mesquite, and lots of cactus. Not much to look at.
Sponsored