Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nope. Team Red.
Last project before I left.

D0A4FB90-6581-4A3B-BED8-080638F63B5D.jpeg
Not what I was expecting, but sweet setup!

Mine’s got the stock Fox shocks, but it’s about time to rebuild them again. I’ve been so happy with the Kings on the Bronco that I’m thinking I’ll upgrade the F150 when I replace the ball joints later this year.
Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am interested in this kit as well. Do you know how it has impacted your jounce travel? These companies always claim increased wheel travel but hold their cards close to their chest whenever you ask for details. I'm sure most or all of the increased travel is from rebound, which means you need to start considering UCA, CV & Ball joint limitations. I am wondering if King maintains the same Jounce travel as OEM. That is, can you still stuff the tire up into the wheel well as much as before at full flex?

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am interested in this kit as well. Do you know how it has impacted your jounce travel? These companies always claim increased wheel travel but hold their cards close to their chest whenever you ask for details. I'm sure most or all of the increased travel is from rebound, which means you need to start considering UCA, CV & Ball joint limitations. I am wondering if King maintains the same Jounce travel as OEM. That is, can you still stuff the tire up into the wheel well as much as before at full flex?
I think that’s a question that best answered by a phone call to King. What’s OEM spec for me (2DR BB non-squatch) is not OEM spec for a LOT of other owners.

Practically speaking, I can’t imagine someone with my OEM spec spending the $$ for Kings with the intention of simply running the stock BB rims and tires, so OEM spec is out the door. It would depend on the other modifications being made along with the shocks.

For the sake of friendly discussion, though, my answer is ABSOLUTELY! I’m certain I could jounce those 37” KM3’s on 0 offsets WAY up into the fender wells, but I can probably do it only once before I’ll need to order the ADV fenders….. Actually, that’s not a bad idea. Where’s my key fob? Be right back….😄

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I get a chance, I can measure shaft length (travel) of these vs the OEM Non-SAS BL HOSS. If the target crowd is going after 35-37" tires, I assume they would limit jounce by some bit. Ford usually has the up limit of the suspension bumped on the shock, where Nissan/Toyota have bumps on the suspension. These shocks were about .75" longer in the front and about 1" in the rear.

dangerfoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dangerfoot.com
Vehicle(s)
White Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not what I was expecting, but sweet setup!

Mine’s got the stock Fox shocks, but it’s about time to rebuild them again. I’ve been so happy with the Kings on the Bronco that I’m thinking I’ll upgrade the F150 when I replace the ball joints later this year.
Honestly, I have loved my Kings and would consider Fox but the rebuilds kill it. I always end up with 2 sets of shocks b/c there is no one that services them in ATX...so I need one set to run and one to rebuild.

Sponsored

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Honestly, I have loved my Kings and would consider Fox but the rebuilds kill it. I always end up with 2 sets of shocks b/c there is no one that services them in ATX...so I need one set to run and one to rebuild.
Yeah, I’m in the same boat with the stock Foxes on my old Raptor. Plus, after running the Kings on a couple of vehicles, they’re just way better than the Foxes across the board. It’s not really a fair comparison and I’m sure the Fox 3.0’s are great, but I’ve never run them on anything.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m certain I could jounce those 37” KM3’s on 0 offsets WAY up into the fender wells, but I can probably do it only once before I’ll need to order the ADV fenders….. Actually, that’s not a bad idea. Where’s my key fob? Be right back….😄
This is exactly what i'm looking for, I wouldnt be surprised if king/fox/icon slightly limit jounce travel for this reason, but I say bring it on and i'll buy the high clearance fenders or do some trimming!

I suppose a cradle drop can help, but that doesnt totally fix the CV limitation, and diff drops from what I have seen only go down an inch or so.

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is exactly what i'm looking for, I wouldnt be surprised if king/fox/icon slightly limit jounce travel for this reason, but I say bring it on and i'll buy the high clearance fenders or do some trimming!

I suppose a cradle drop can help, but that doesnt totally fix the CV limitation, and diff drops from what I have seen only go down an inch or so.
I’d bet you’re right about them limiting it somewhat. From what I remember, they sell the Bronco kit under a single part number, so they’ve got to find a standard setup that will accommodate a wide variety of OEM configs, not to mention the endless variety of aftermarket components that can be added later.

It would make sense that they’d limit it but also give the end user the ability to reconfigure if they had a specific use that required it.

OP
OP
fordguru

fordguru

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 2 raptor, 20 expedition max, bronco ba/sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok all I got the beadlock mounted up and 37’s installed and just got an alignment. It’s just awesome.
zero rubbing not even close
0 offset
1” poke ish
rides awesome extremely happy

30938F77-6F45-465D-884D-3E77BD4F34E5.jpeg

0A0FA288-CE24-4FFB-813E-3C688FD6B9D1.jpeg

DA62B7E8-18B6-421E-BDD5-E83D9A71F11A.jpeg

4AF1CEF0-0D35-4040-94EF-8A38195F4E38.jpeg

2CB6CB61-47AB-4B37-9E3E-F2D42EBDCBF5.jpeg

CarbonBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota $runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok all I got the beadlock mounted up and 37’s installed and just got an alignment. It’s just awesome.
zero rubbing not even close
0 offset
1” poke ish
rides awesome extremely happy

30938F77-6F45-465D-884D-3E77BD4F34E5.jpeg

0A0FA288-CE24-4FFB-813E-3C688FD6B9D1.jpeg

DA62B7E8-18B6-421E-BDD5-E83D9A71F11A.jpeg

4AF1CEF0-0D35-4040-94EF-8A38195F4E38.jpeg

2CB6CB61-47AB-4B37-9E3E-F2D42EBDCBF5.jpeg
How many clicks on the compression adjusters on the resis are you running?

Sponsored

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Stock uca
How much did you lift

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
@fordguru looks killer, Basesquatch for the win…can you snap some pictures of the front steering and axle angles please? How much was everything? I’m guessing ~$5k for the kings and ~$3k for wheels and tires? Thanks