Sponsored

Does your dual AC Bronco have temperature numbers on the knob?

• Total voters

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That's fucked. I would be legitimately pissed. The temp knobs displaying numbers is one of the few things that helps class up the interior

Never woulda thought I'd want a '22 LESS, but here we are. Way to fall, Ford.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

“It’s a knob”

what else did they cut? Why are we learning this now? Also it might just be a knob to you but it’s an important feature to me. I need an explicit answer on why I am paying the same for less

but more importantly, I did pay for a vehicle that displays the temp on the knob
The explicit answer:. don't pay for something that makes you unhappy. If you do not think the Bronco is worth the price they are asking, walk away. If you think the Bronco features are diminished in the 2022 models, then walk away.

Last edited:

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There would be 90% fewer complaints on this forum if Ford built them in the priority they said they would... and could do first-world quality control on the components from its suppliers (talking about you, Webasto).

In fact, the huge desirability of the Bronco is why people with unfulfilled early reservations are so vitriolic in their criticism.

Having a place to vent... on a forum with people "who get it"... rather than your family or coworkers who don't give a damn is cathartic. Thanks B6G.

To dump on this forum as "negative" is not a reflection of its members, but the situation they are in... through no fault of their own. Most of this forum is people helping each other navigate through the shit-storm.

The negativity about the product itself (like this thread) is the vast minority of the content.

Kudos to the design team and the engineers. They delivered above and beyond.

The crap people are complaining about should be easy fixes, but Ford leadership and management have been the huge failures in the launch of a game-changing vehicle.

Many dealerships have been outright unethical... some criminal... and very few have been transparent. No doubt in my mind that Fomoco is tolerant of... if complicit in... most of that.

Thank God these clowns didn't lead the Mustang launch in '64. They built and sold a million Mustangs in just over two years... and that was 5 years before we put a man on the moon. Pandemic or not, shouldn't we be better at this almost 60 years later?

Shameful.

(but still no way in hell I'm canceling)
After reading this, I had to remind myself that this is a thread about fucking knobs...knobs. That we are taking about an off road recreational vehicle, not life saving medicine. A fun, doors-off, top-off vehicle, not a ponzi scheme where life savings are at risk.

Sponsored

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As long as it's somewhere on my MASSIVE 12" display, no skin off my back.
Top left on the display status bar

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t understand how the votes are split….? Whoever voted Yes, show us some pictures of your 22 with the numbers.
Yeah, I messed up. I didn't notice it wanted MY'22 info only.
I'm a '21.
SO knob votes down to 2 instead of 3.

Ltjb8

Wildtrak
First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On mine, the "Auto" low option (one light lit up) never seems to go below fan speed 3...which is still super loud. Anyone else?

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On mine, the "Auto" low option (one light lit up) never seems to go below fan speed 3...which is still super loud. Anyone else?
Nope. Gets quiet.

Do you have it set to a very high/low temp?

Ltjb8

Wildtrak
First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nope. Gets quiet.

Do you have it set to a very high/low temp?
68° normally. It still does it with it set even lower than that. 😖

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Be glad you all are getting the '22 model. I just got word that the '23 is going to strip even more basic parts. Here is a sneak peak of how the '23s will be arriving, see if you can find what is missing:

onco-showing-frame-chassis-and-suspension-149654_1.jpg

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Be glad you all are getting the '22 model. I just got word that the '23 is going to strip even more basic parts. Here is a sneak peak of how the '23s will be arriving, see if you can find what is missing:

Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs onco-showing-frame-chassis-and-suspension-149654_1
Purists will say it's still too fancy.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I get that it might be a supply chain issue and if that helps get Broncos out faster than so be it but my complaint was tell us, be upfront. I have a mid package on my '21 and a lux package on my '22, I'm sure if I had gotten in the truck without knowing and looked at the controls my first thought would have been WTF, they must have made a mistake!
I absolutely want a manual. I really can't afford a Badlands, but that is the only way to get a manual and the mid-package. When I see pictures of the 2021 climate control chrome knobs with dual temperature displays I think about talking myself into adding $12,000 to my order to get the manual Badlands with a mid-package.

I'd be giving up cloth seats (almost mandatory in southern Arizona), miss out on my preferred standard headlights and favorite grill (the Base/Black Diamond grill), and not getting the posh climate control system. So at least Knob Gate makes it much easier to save $12,000, because I'm not spending that kind of money for an interior that looks like my '83 Civic.😕

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs onco-showing-frame-chassis-and-suspension-149654_1
At least it still has the Sasquatch package.🤣🤣

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I get that it might be a supply chain issue and if that helps get Broncos out faster than so be it but my complaint was tell us, be upfront. I have a mid package on my '21 and a lux package on my '22, I'm sure if I had gotten in the truck without knowing and looked at the controls my first thought would have been WTF, they must have made a mistake!
You want them to notify you, or a press release maybe, that they removed an indicator light on a knob between model years 21 to year 22?
Sponsored