David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mercury Grand Marquis, 86 Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here
I don’t see how they got the ARB fridge in the rear of the overland concept bronco without the back seat being folded down. Doesn’t look deep enough to me.

area-51-2021-bronco-badlands-cargo-trunk-area-jpg.jpg

rea-51-2021-bronco-badlands-cargo-trunk-area-1-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos 20201205_113859

Don't know if it will help with any of your estimates (or even if it's accurate), but the guy in this pic at the 4x4 Expo in Phoenix said the cargo area of the 2-door is 13" less deep than the 4-door. Most of your dims are putting the difference at 12"

(In case you haven't already guessed by how many different times I have posted this picture... I absolutely love it!)

And as much as I am grateful to all your measurements (and I do write them all down in my Bronco notes), when I saw this full-grown man crawling around in the back of the 2-door, that was a huge help to convince me I will be just fine without 4 doors. I wish I had taken video instead of still photos.🤪

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@TiredOldMedic Umm. I never said that. Your quote looks to be my quote. Which is not true. Unless you were playing around with the quoting tools it made it out to be a fake quote from me

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
20201205_113859.jpg

Don't know if it will help with any of your estimates (or even if it's accurate), but the guy in this pic at the 4x4 Expo in Phoenix said the cargo area of the 2-door is 13" less deep than the 4-door. Most of your dims are putting the difference at 12"

(In case you haven't already guessed by how many different times I have posted this picture... I absolutely love it!)

And as much as I am grateful to all your measurements (and I do write them all down in my Bronco notes), when I saw this full-grown man crawling around in the back of the 2-door, that was a huge help to convince me I will be just fine without 4 doors. I wish I had taken video instead of still photos.🤪
4 door cargo dimensions exclude the hump behind the rear seat as does the 2 door. The hump on the four door is much larger than the 2 door. So 4 door has a couple inches over the 2 door, in addition to the 12 extra inches.

I don’t know what’s with some of these posts. Read all the facts and look at the photos. Everyone is trying to disprove this. The devil is in the details. Look closely. There's additional room beyond the load floor and it’s weighted more towards the 4 door. Realistically the 4 door has 14-15” inches over the 2 door not 12”. All dimensions discussed (20” and 32”) are to the brackets behind the seats. NOT to the actual seat backs
Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos F6A4D196-65B9-4E7D-B50D-9E8E9900C306

Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos DF2A8C70-AF17-404A-9929-D587C33F3223

Last edited:

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah! I used your info when compiling my notes!

That’s why I credited you and linked to that thread in my first post!

All I did was make my own reference and decided to share it... I wanted to make sure to credit your hard work along with everyone else. I didn’t get to actually play any part in gathering the data.

Thanks!

;)
Oh, I see it now. You’ve been quite busy on that first post. 😲 Nice work! 😎

Sponsored
OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 door cargo dimensions exclude the hump behind the rear seat as does the 2 door. The hump on the four door is much larger than the 2 door. So 4 door has a couple inches over the 2 door, in addition to the 12 extra inches.

I don’t know what’s with some of these posts. Read all the facts and look at the photos. Everyone is trying to disprove this. The devil is in the details. Looks closely. There's additional room beyond the load floor and it’s weighted more towards the 4 door. Realistically the 4 door has 14-15” inches over the 2 door not 12”. All dimensions discussed (20” and 32”) are to the brackets behind the seats. NOT to the actual seat backs
F6A4D196-65B9-4E7D-B50D-9E8E9900C306.jpeg

DF2A8C70-AF17-404A-9929-D587C33F3223.png
This is such an important point and one that I think people are going to continue to bump on.

If we’re talking about “usable space” then what I’d care most about is the distance to the back of the seats. If what I care about is whether my big hard-sided case will fit in the back, then what I care about is the distance to the hump.

Once someone with some time and a tape measure can get their hands on a Bronco, we’ll be able to map the entire Bronco, particularly for cross sections and bar clearances, etc.

For example, I’m wondering how much interference the overhead bar will cause with it pushed so far aft compared to the Jeep.

Last edited:

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
My favorite part about all of this, is that it will be completely unecessary and obsolete the second that either:

1. A demo unit shows up at a dealer, or
2. Ford publishes some actual specs.

Like, why do we even have to do any of this?!
I do Lions mock drafts, even though the Lions will be making their own picks in April and it is "completely unecessary". That being stated, I have been able to parlay the 1st 4 picks into 3 starters and two 1st rounders in 2022. I just keep trading down. My mock draft skills are good against the simulator.

Why do I do this? It's fun. And I can be an expert on players when the real draft happens.

OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, I see it now. You’ve been quite busy on that first post. 😲 Nice work! 😎
I know. This thread legit started as a “hey, I made this for myself if anyone wants my notes.” Then the darn thing took off so fast Admin changed the title, slapped a B6G watermark on the sketch, and gave the thread its own banner. 😧

I got worried that people were going to think I deserved the credit for everything... so I kind of scrambled to edit the post and give credit where I could... but it kind of all gets lost in itself.

I guess less is more sometimes.

;)

Prkelly

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
stupid question, why is there a hump?
IDK but Ford seriously needs to install some sort of warning label so guests know what to expect when crawling into the back.

caution_speed_humps_ahead.jpg

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hides the hinges as earlier poster mentioned. Looks like they dropped the floor for more room and to create space for tailgate tray to be flush. Also note the indention on the tailgate table, which will enable the tailgate table to fold relatively flush.

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@timhood

you prompted me to add more detail to this. Kind of eyeballing the photos with the rear brackets and sloped seats. But it feels like this....

FYI the 2 door is really 20” not 18” since that two inch border by the tailgate is usable space.

it you compare how this translates to the top of the seat to rear tailgate, you see how that added 15.7” you cited comes into play

Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos caution_speed_humps_ahead
Quoted from @jaruss01 other thread since he keeps killing it with these great numbers.

It was his thread that filled in the 4-door gaps that finally led me to making my sketch.

His thread is here:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...imensions-est-32-3”-depth-plus-6”-hump.12451/

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
thanks @ZackDanger

As @timhood mentioned, given the legroom is identical between the 2 and 4 door, Ford's measurements indicate that the added length is 15.7". Give or take an inch, the drawing above tries to back into that, given the information we have at hand.

Granted, we need real on-site numbers to confirm. I did this to try to make sense of things for my own benefit, and to give people a rough indication of things to come.
Sponsored