Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Works for me. I calculate a diagonal of over 47" in the 2D. I play my driver at 44.5 inches, leaving 3 inches for the bottom of the golf bag plus some space on either end.
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Jeeps have less. It seems like the Bronco *just* edges out the Wrangler in almost every dimension... the only one that my number is less is the 4-door cargo depth estimate... and that's the only one that's still not really well confirmed....

I'm hoping that means that the 4-door depth is underestimated in my notes.
Well, here's the thing, both the 2 door and 4 door have a diagonal hump leading up to the backseat. It's more pronounced on the 4 door. So while the load floor may be 32" deep on the 4 door, the hump is almost 7" wide with the seat reclining above it. Let's say in the real world you pick up half that (3.5") on average over the vertical plane. 32" is more like 35.5". You'd think Ford would want to beat out the Wrangler by an inch....looks up Wrangler 4 door cargo depth - it's 34.5". Can I add another BOOM?

Last edited:
OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Me RN:
9BA510E6-1FE6-4116-B83C-E043228B78E4.gif

Nice work boys
My favorite part about all of this, is that it will be completely unecessary and obsolete the second that either:

1. A demo unit shows up at a dealer, or
2. Ford publishes some actual specs.

Like, why do we even have to do any of this?!

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice work! A couple questions:

How is the cargo area of the 4 door only 12 inches deeper than the 2 door (32 vs 20), but the overall length from tailgate to back of the front seats is a difference of 32 inches (78-46)?

Isn't the passenger legroom the same for both models?

Also isn't the whole vehicle 18 inches longer in 4 door, so where does that extra 6 inches come from?

Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is really great. Super helpful.

Now, is it possible to say what the dimensions of the open top are? Meaning, when the roof is completely removed, what are the width and length of the opening measured from the inside of the frame (aka, roll cage)?

OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How is the cargo area of the 4 door only 12 inches deeper than the 2 door (32 vs 20), but the overall length from tailgate to back of the front seats is a difference of 32 inches (78-46)?

Also isn't the whole vehicle 18 inches longer in 4 door, so where does that extra 6 inches come from?
c83d68aa80c80f36552f9b4e27bc500b.gif

Somebody else want to take this?

OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is really great. Super helpful.

Now, is it possible to say what the dimensions of the open top are? Meaning, when the roof is completely removed, what are the width and length of the opening measured from the inside of the frame (aka, roll cage)?
The quoted bit from the Ford press release on camping in the back states that the opening is 13.3 square feet... but doesn't say the actual dimensions.

I bet someone could scale the overhead shot to figure out an approximation.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
c83d68aa80c80f36552f9b4e27bc500b.gif

Somebody else want to take this?

I think your 78 number should be 63 right? Then it all works out with the total length... Unless that 78 is something else.

Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 12.46.23 PM

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4-door will be more roomy for sleeping in a Bronco down by the river. ;)
If I keep adding to my bronco build I will need to get the 4 door to sleep in it because the wife will be kickin me outta da’ house

Sponsored

T Neil

Outer Banks
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover, LR3 HSE, 2011 BMW 335IS, KTM SAS 1290
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey guys. I made a thing based on what we know as of this point.

I've been struggling to jump around to different references and photos supplied by other forum members, and I wanted to consolidate it into a reference for myself.

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone who has supplied this information. I've tried to credit people where I've been able to remember. Thank you thank you thank you. I'm only consolidating their work. They're the true heroes.

It's worth noting that some things I had to round a bit and I recorded lengths that I felt personally comfortable relying on until we know things for sure... your interpretation or rounding comfort may be different...

A good example is the back depth of the 2-door. It was measured by the amazing @Aman to be 20", but that was with the gate open. From my experience with the Jeep Wrangler, and judging by the situation, I going to assume there's only about 18" of usable depth once the gate is closed... ::EDIT:: I've since updated the 2-door rear depth to reflect the 20" based on @jaruss01 observations. (also worth noting is with the recline on the back seats, the usable depth decreases as height increases)

Because these are my personal notes as of today, I put my name and the date on it. I don't want anyone thinking these are "official" or "confirmed" because I'm sure eventually we'll have more accurate numbers.

Not pretty but I think it gets the point across.

If anyone has better or more accurate info, please share.

Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 12.46.23 PM

(I'll make ongoing edits to this post to include the references I used to create this.)

@jaruss01 math skills in this thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...imensions-est-32-6”-depth-plus-6”-hump.12451/

@SHLYGRR math skills in this thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...calculation-with-rear-seats-folded-down.4275/

@AzScorpion tapemeasure skills in this thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-seats-all-the-way-forward.12373/#post-451030

@Toccoa with some very early detective work in this thread (worth noting, I feel these are very liberal with the estimations): https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...analysis-dimensions-length-width-height.3848/

There's also this spreadsheet... which I cant remember where it came from... some people assumed was showing cubic feet... but the values are close to what I've come up with for the inch measurements.

Anyone know where this came from?

::EDIT::

New information is coming in so fast that I decided to update my notes with the UTC time that it was updated.

Updated 2-door rear depth based on @jaruss01 observations.
Nice Job. Now I know that I can sleep in the back of the 4 door if needed/wanted.

OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think your 78 number should be 63 right? Then it all works out with the total length... Unless that 78 is something else.

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 12.46.23 PM.png
That picture you posted is from a very early scaled calculation done by SHLYGRR before any numbers were available.... just the reveal shots... and his calculations came out to 63.

I got my 78 by taking the more recently published Ford specs that stated the "maximum enclosed rear rear area length of 6 feet, 6 inches with the seats positioned forward and the rear seats folded down."

(I'm going to add a bit in my post to make that more clear)

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
That picture you posted is from a very early scaled calculation done by SHLYGRR before any numbers were available.... just the reveal shots... and his calculations came out to 63.

I got my 78 by taking the more recently published Ford specs that stated the "maximum enclosed rear rear area length of 6 feet, 6 inches with the seats positioned forward and the rear seats folded down."
Ahhh, with seats positioned forward...

I think that's where to slop comes from in measurement deltas. Got it!

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sure. I'll take this.
1. The 78" dimension is with the front seats ALL the way forward. They cited this in the article. It's not apples to apples.
2. The 46" dimension is to the back of the folded seat on the 2 door. So it deducted by the thickness of the lower seat cushion. It's not to the rear of the front seats. Look closely.
3. The 4 door cargo depth of 32" does not include a hump that's almost 7" wide. The hump in the 2 door is probably only half that. FYI, you'll get more usable cargo in the 4 door around 35" deep, not 32" if you factor the hump and angled seat back.

Add those things all up, and there's your answer.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sure. I'll take this.
1. The 78" dimension is with the front seats ALL the way forward. They cited this in the article. It's not apples to apples.
2. The 46" dimension is to the back of the folded seat on the 2 door. So it deducted by the thickness of the lower seat cushion. It's not to the rear of the front seats. Look closely.
3. The 4 door cargo depth of 32" does not include a hump that's almost 7" wide. The hump in the 2 door is probably only half that.

Add those things all up, and there's your answer.
Sorry what hump are you talking about? The tailgate latch bump?
Sponsored