mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do we know the depth of the cargo space on 4-door wrangler vs bronco??
Sponsored

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It has room for a cooler some gun cases and ammunition let’s go hunting. So plenty of space for archery equipment too. Let’s take it hunting

Sponsored

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cool my Orca 75 cooler will fit
So does the 34.5 depth include a hump like the bronco ?
Ok answered my own question with google !! So no hump on wrangler and 5 more inches of cargo space. So why does bronco need a hump and wrangler can get away without allowing for more space ?

OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok answered my own question with google !! So no hump on wrangler and 5 more inches of cargo space. So why does bronco need a hump and wrangler can get away without allowing for more space ?
Maybe because Jeep raised the rear cargo floor to sit 4” higher, providing a “fold flat floor”… whereas Ford kept the rear load floor as low as possible to maximize interior cargo space?

How do the cubic feet of storage between the Bronco and Jeep compare? That might give some insight.

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let load it up and go fishing

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe because Jeep raised the rear cargo floor to sit 4” higher, providing a “fold flat floor”… whereas Ford kept the rear load floor as low as possible to maximize interior cargo space?

How do the cubic feet of storage between the Bronco and Jeep compare? That might give some insight.
Thanks. Yes, good question

Torgsurv

Base
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Bronco XLT 5.0 "Mando"
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Torgsurv - great work on this, have you posted the 4 door version? Can't seem to find that?!

1619805775350.gif
I have the measurements, but haven't had time to finish the drawing yet. I have a new job near Austin that's been keeping me kinda busy lately. ;)

Sponsored

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys. I made a thing based on what we know as of this point.

I've been struggling jumping around to different references and photos supplied by other forum members, and I wanted to consolidate it into a reference for myself. Once I had made this sketch I figured I might as well share it since someone else might find is useful.

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone who has supplied this information. I've tried to credit people where I've been able to remember. Thank you thank you thank you. I only consolidated their work. They're the true heroes.

It's worth noting that some things I had to round a bit and I recorded lengths that I felt personally comfortable relying on until we know things for sure... your interpretation or rounding comfort may be different...

A good example is the back depth of the 2-door. It was measured by the amazing @Aman to be 20", but that was with the gate open. From my experience with the Jeep Wrangler, and judging by the situation, I going to assume there's only about 18" of usable depth once the gate is closed... ::EDIT:: I've since updated the 2-door rear depth to reflect the 20" based on @jaruss01 observations.
Additionally it’s also worth noting there is the recline on the back seats, and the “hump” at the base of the rear seats, all of which play a role depending on where you are measuring to.

Because these are my personal notes as of today, I put my name and the date on it. I don't want anyone thinking these are "official" or "confirmed" because I'm sure eventually we'll have more accurate numbers...

Not pretty but it accomplished what I wanted. I even went as far sketching it on a grid but ignoring the lines altogether. ;)

If anyone has better or more accurate info, please share.

Cargo Dimensions.png

(I'll make ongoing edits to this post to include the references I used to create this.)

@jaruss01 has been, and continues to kill it with the math skills in this thread (and others) It was this thread that filled in the gaps with the 4-door and motivated me to make my sketch: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...imensions-est-32-6”-depth-plus-6”-hump.12451/

@SHLYGRR math skills in this thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...calculation-with-rear-seats-folded-down.4275/

@AzScorpion tapemeasure skills in this thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-seats-all-the-way-forward.12373/#post-451030

@Toccoa with some very early detective work in this thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...analysis-dimensions-length-width-height.3848/

1612806836969.png
1612806874641.png
1612807163376.png

The following diagrams and calculations were done by SHLYGRR (link above) when all we had to go on were these preproduction reveal photos and no actual stats. He took known values like wheel base and length to scale and estimated dimensions based on where he thought the edges of seats or doors were. (This is why they differ from my compiled notes.)

1612806991209.png
1612807001132.png

This is an excerpt from the Ford Press Release about being able to camp in the 4-door. That's where the overhead shot comes from. Someone was kind enough to overlay the dimensions stated in the text on that photo. (Not sure who that was, if you speak up I'd love to give you credit.)

Rear Cargo Dimensions 4 door.png

(Worth noting here that the extended length of the slide out gate is about 12"... which is potentially only 1/3 the total depth of that cargo area... which, if that's the ratio they need to be able to support the loads they want to, would explain why the slide out tray is not available on the 20" deep 2-door)

There's also this spreadsheet... which I cant remember where it came from... some people assumed was showing cubic feet... but the values are close to what I've come up with for the inch measurements.

Anyone know where this came from?

4B584AEE-715A-4F4A-985F-C73F278E72A1.jpeg

::EDIT::

New information is coming in so fast that I decided to update my notes with the UTC time that it was updated.

Updated 2-door rear depth based on @jaruss01 observations. Here is his sketch on how the slope and hinge of the rear seats impacts cargo depth (link to his thread above):

Rear Cargo Depth with Sloped seats.jpeg

incredibly detailed 2-door measurements taken by @Torgsurv including cargo bin here:

https://www.bronco6g.com/2021-bronco-2-door-cargo-area-dimensions-detailed-measurements/

1614081438384.jpeg

1614081467236.jpeg

::UPDATE::

@BigMex for measuring the 4-door cargo dimensions in this thread as 32" deep by 42" wide:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...epth-width-plus-molle-panel-dimensions.13968/

1616081684705.png
1616081695664.png
1616081704001.png

::UPDATE::

@Ourbroncolife with the 4-door rear cargo dimensions *just above* the hump measured at 37.5"

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/4-door-cargo-depth-including-hump-37-5”.14468/

Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 09.47.10.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 09.47.20.png
Zack, do you know if the dimension between the D-rings nearest the seats on the 2 door are the same as the 4 door?
Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos 1623799571525
I'd like to see if I could mount this storage box in a 4 door:
https://accessories.ford.com/compartment-asy-rear-stowage-vm2dz-78115a00-b.html?qty=1#2021/Bronco

OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model