Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
that isnt a manual its a 2.7 badlands with no squatch
...which is why I said I might not get a manual after watching this video. Ya know... like I specifically liked the features featured in this feature featuring features that require the automatic transmission.
Sponsored

mrxg78

Badlands
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like you missed all the drama around this!

:)

This is it for now. Ford said they were working on addressing it but we haven't seen anything as-of-yet... and that was a while ago.
I remember reading about it, but this is the first time I see a picture. I would've assumed Ford would've at least avoided placing it for now.

Anyhow, like someone said, after market :sneaky:

BRONC UP

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 transit 350 1970 mach1 scj
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My point is that the average person doesn't need 350-400HP to drive from stop light to stop light. Even off roading, unless you're doing some pretty extreme stuff a V-6 (turbo's or naturally aspirated) will meet most needs. People going beyond that will probably start doing engine swaps with coyote crate engines just like people do with Hemi's on the Jeep. At a certain point, you're just burning gas so you can say you have a V-8.

Also, I get it you put 100K on your truck, a lot of people do, but most people put on between 10-15K. Ecoboosts have been around a little more than 10 years now, so the average population of the early trucks are hitting that 100K-150K mileage now, so you won't see a whole lot of ultra high mileage ecoboosts out there. There have been a few ecoboost engines with issues, but they were isolated to a specific design and Ford was able to correct the issue.
I have a 2015 transit with 3.5 ecoboost and 170000 miles the only issue i have had so far is a bad mass air flow unit

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So much for planning!!
I guess it's going to be either the front facing camera or the winch. or is there another option?

:cautious:
I wouldn’t be surprised if someone comes out with an aftermarket bumper with an integrated winch that doesn’t protrude as far.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Came to this thread for exciting feedback from a ride along and instead found another V8 vs Ecoboost debate lol

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Came to this thread for exciting feedback from a ride along and instead found another V8 vs Ecoboost debate lol
At least no one brought up Navy Pier 😂🤣😂🤣

Reactions: abe

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is it just me? But something sounds like its about to fall apart or just break. Like bad CV axle.

Not picking you out personally but I see this kind of post a lot about the noise so I just used yours to chime in on that subject.

First off I did NOT ride in one, only going by the many videos. This sounds like the "rattle" I have heard for the last 40 years in any vehicle, new or old, when it goes over a "washboard" type terrain. This scenario will cause even a Bently to "rattle" . The constant, all over the place, movement will cause anything to make noise. Maybe I am wrong but I can tell you I did not grow up in the big city. I have driven plenty of gravel roads in the mountains of PA to speak from experience. Washboards SUCK !!!

One other thing that might cause the "rattle" is when in deep sand, or climbing, the front diff will "bounce" due to spinning in 4WD because the front diff is trying to drive. Good way to break a u-joint in the old days. On the rocks they call a maneuver a "bump" or "give it a bump". which for the most part one or two is ok, but stay on the gas and get that front end bouncing and BANG you will break something. That is why you hear the spotter say stop, back up, and try again.

It could be a combo of the two.

Just my 2 cents from a PA hillbilly waiting for his GOAT modes to show up.

Last edited:

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not picking you out personally but I see this kind of post a lot about the noise so I just used yours to chime in on that subject.

First off I did NOT ride in one, only going by the many videos. This sounds like the "rattle" I have heard for the last 40 years in any vehicle, new or old, when it goes over a "washboard" type terrain. This scenario will cause even a Bently to "rattle" . The constant, all over the place, movement will cause anything to make noise. Maybe I am wrong but I can tell you I did not grow up in the big city. I have driven plenty of gravel roads in the mountains of PA to speak from experience. Washboards SUCK !!!

One other thing it could be is when in deep sand the front diff will "bounce" due to spinning in 4WD because the front diff is trying to drive. Good way to break a u-joint in the old days. On the rocks they call a maneuver a "bump" or "give it a bump". which for the most part one or two is ok, but stay one the gas and get that front end bouncing and BANG you will break something. That is why you hear the spotter say stop, back up, and try again.

My perspective on the rattling in the video is that you have to take it with a grain of salt. Cellphone microphones are notorious for being sensitive to low frequency sounds, and it's very likely that the video unnaturally amplifies the rattling compared to the human ear. Only way to find ground truth is to ride in one yourself!

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes finally 1 to compare. Thanks.

Still doesn't change my opinion. But to each their own.

Now can your Focus out pull a v8?
Depends on the V8, some absolutely! 🏎
Have you seen the video of the new Explorer ST destroying the Hemi...PRICELESS!💰

Last edited:

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They appear almost everywhere! lol

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One other thing it could be is when in deep sand the front diff will "bounce" due to spinning in 4WD because the front diff is trying to drive. Good way to break a u-joint in the old days. On the rocks they call a maneuver a "bump" or "give it a bump". which for the most part one or two is ok, but stay one the gas and get that front end bouncing and BANG you will break something. That is why you hear the spotter say stop, back up, and try again.

I “hear” it was the roof rattling...
Sponsored