Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The guys who are saying Jeep is in trouble .... after watching this video, I believe the bar has been raised and Jeep is going to have to respond.

I haven't experienced a Mojave off road, but on a JK or JL, even with a Hemi the ride would be so much rougher at speed. And that disconnect is cool - thinking about running up mountain roads with the diagonal drainage cuts every so often. Turn the disconnect on and forget about it. It engages and disengages with your speed.

One other thought - those fifteen52 wheels on the Overlands concept are 0 offset, which means the wheels are out 1-1/8" wider than Squatch. I wonder if the reduced clearance we are seeing is partially because visually the tire sidewall is out past the flare edge instead of tucked underneath.

Canyonero02

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2021 Jeep JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The guys who are saying Jeep is in trouble .... after watching this video, I believe the bar has been raised and Jeep is going to have to respond.

I haven't experienced a Mojave off road, but on a JK or JL, even with a Hemi the ride would be so much rougher at speed. And that disconnect is cool - thinking about running up mountain roads with the diagonal drainage cuts every so often. Turn the disconnect on and forget about it. It engages and disengages with your speed.

One other thought - those fifteen52 wheels on the Overlands concept are 0 offset, which means the wheels are out 1-1/8" wider than Squatch. I wonder if the reduced clearance we are seeing is partially because visually the tire sidewall is out past the flare edge instead of tucked underneath.
Those tires are also larger than Sasquatch tires. They're a true 35" tire. Most 315's are closer to 34".

Benji_Allgood

Black Diamond
First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fam
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wonder if the ride quality is going to be as good with the standard suspension included on the lower and unsquatched trims. Do the Bilstein dampers make that big of a difference? All the ride-along stuff is on Badlands suspension...I wonder if there's a reason for that.

Sponsored

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love that these recent KOH videos have some seasoned off-road guys and shows them looking at each other with a child like a grin! If those guys are impressed then that means something.

I am now waiting for one of these great KOH videos thatā€™s taken with the manual version.

Last edited:

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder if the ride quality is going to be as good with the standard suspension included on the lower and unsquatched trims. Do the Bilstein dampers make that big of a difference? All the ride-along stuff is on Badlands suspension...I wonder if there's a reason for that.
If itā€™s like their other vehicles it will be a noticeable improvement. But the Ford performance parts suspension upgrade should get it there for less than a trim switch.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice vid. To echo @flatlander40 it seems everyone (even hardcore ā€œjeepersā€) are damn impressed with the Bronco. Good to see, I canā€™t wait to see where these things end up in 2-3 years. There are going to be some beastly bronco builds, Ford has created a great platform for sure.

Smurph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 76 Bronco, 2008 GMC SIERRA2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love that these recent KOH have some seasoned off-road guys show them looking at each other with a child like a grin! If those guys are impressed then that means something.

I am now waiting for one of these great KOH videos thatā€™s taken inside of the manual version
Totally agree, would love to see a video of ride along in bronco with manual

JohnMcClane

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Couple things...

The Bronco in this video looks like it's a 4 Door Badlands sporting the optional aftermarket Wheels and aftermarket M/Ts.

The experts on this forum have indicated to me that the 33s and a 4 door would not perform well offroad, so this video must be fake.
Sponsored