Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am sure he signed a non disclosure agreement. He just admitted to the existence of Raptor Bronco called the Warthog. At one point during the video, he started talking about the Warthog's suspension BUT stopped as I am sure he was like ... I may get in trouble.
it looked more like a edit to the video, and later said dont tell anyone anything i said and they all laughed.
Sponsored

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great Video! Thanks very much! I canā€™t wait to get my Badlands 2 door.
However, before this video, I was 100% sure I wanted to go with manual.. now I also really want to see a drive along with a manual bronco.

For you manual people.. are you more inclined to get a auto after seeing this video?

ryn0s3r1

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra 1794 Edition 4X4, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, the bronco is everything I hoped it would be.

Sway-bar disconnect is impressive.

12" screen and camera system looks so clear and lets you see so much.

Trail turn works well.

Suspension can go fast off road taking the bumps no problem, going faster then I would ever go.

Even with the top off (panels over the front and rear passengers off)the wind noise is not bad.

I cant wait to have a Bronco.
Was there yesterday with the wife. Curt LeDuc was our driver as well. Incredible experience! As awesome as that video is, it really doesnā€™t do justice to the in-seat experience.

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Okay I have to admit, after the first KOH ride along video I started thinking I might want a BL over the OBX build I had.

But now after this video I'm ABSOLUTELY switching to a 2.7 BL.
I did the same!! šŸ˜Ž. And Iā€™ll never off road to crazy extremes but Iā€™ll have the capability to do it if the opportunity presents itself lol. Thereā€™s alway curb jumping at Costco on a busy Saturday morning

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder how much ā€œworseā€ the standard suspension on the lower trims will be compared to Badlands suspension.

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder how much ā€œworseā€ the standard suspension on the lower trims will be compared to Badlands suspension.
Me too, i just can't fit the BL or squach in the budget right now. I've just resigned myself to the ford performance suspension being a requirement in the first year or two.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice video by Exodus 4x4 šŸ˜Š
That could be the best video / content yet. Having Curt as the driver is very cool.

Skip the concept chat with BN, nothing missed really as thatā€™s all concept & accessory fluff anyway.

Love this type of rider based experience feedback.

PEACE.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Jeep guy hosting video before test ride : well the bronco has some cool stuff I guess, but they could have done this or that...Jeep is really close blah blah blah..

Jeep guy after test ride: "OMG I totally have a woody can't wait to sell my Jeep, and get a new BRONCO !!!!
LOL...

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if the ride quality is going to be as good with the standard suspension included on the lower and unsquatched trims. Do the Bilstein dampers make that big of a difference? All the ride-along stuff is on Badlands suspension...I wonder if there's a reason for that.

The position sensitive bilsteins will make a big difference for this type.of high speed off-road ing because they have a secondary valve. Basically, you won't get that bump stop bottoming out feeling as much

Sponsored

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great Video! Thanks very much! I canā€™t wait to get my Badlands 2 door.
However, before this video, I was 100% sure I wanted to go with manual.. now I also really want to see a drive along with a manual bronco.

For you manual people.. are you more inclined to get a auto after seeing this video?
I'm still absolutely convinced to get the manual. And after a weekend of watching these videos many times, I'm impatient and want my Bronco now! LOL

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not too late. Everyone has up until March 19th to change their order to their liking.
hmmmm, interesting. I thought once order was in i couldn't. in that case I gotta think this through. better interior (imo) on the OBX or sway bar disconnect... crap, here goes another wasted week of trying to decide.
Actually, you can change/modify your order all the way up until your Bronco is ā€œscheduled to be builtā€ which is when the parts are available, and the VIN is assigned... typically about 2 weeks before it is *actually* built.

For early time stamp holders this might be a relatively small window, for others it could be months and months. Some people will see the MY22 announcements and be able to delay / required to change their build to include those.

In fact, Ford has stated (Estaban) they are *expecting* people to modify their orders come May when they supply us with our delivery estimates and what options could be causing delays.

Last edited:

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wonder if the ride quality is going to be as good with the standard suspension included on the lower and unsquatched trims. Do the Bilstein dampers make that big of a difference? All the ride-along stuff is on Badlands suspension...I wonder if there's a reason for that.
Hell if I can do 45 /50 over broken ground. . .

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great video! Made me super excited. I agree that Iā€™ve had some second thoughts on my Wildtrak order. That said, Iā€™m not sure that the benefits of the Badlands will ever be necessary for my use, thinking specifically about the sway bar disconnect. Itā€™s one of those things where I can imagine a scenario in which it could be useful, but not required... again, for my everyday uses.
This is where I'm at as well. I'd like to have it to have it, but I realize that I'm not going to be doing much offroading to need it, and that I'll use Sport mode that Wildtrak has FAR more often. Plus, I like Wildtrak's aesthetic better too.

So, after watching all of the videos posted from the ride-alongs at KOH, I see one thing I wish could be implemented. I think it would be cool if we could slide a micro SD card into the head unit and be able to record what the trail camera sees. I know we can do the same thing with a GoPro, but having that option to use the Bronco camera system would be cool.
Yeah that would be neat.

Sand mode is for deep sand, dunes, etc. Baja is for high speed desert terrain. Iā€™d love to see a full list of how each mode tweaks the vehicle settings. One of the other ride alongs had the driver note that Baja alters the transmission shift points to keep the engine in higher horsepower rpms. My wifeā€™s Mercedes does something similar with its sport mode, it makes a significant difference in acceleration from 0-60.
This link has descriptions for Raptor (Bronco's may differ). I'm sure as we get closer to launch, they'll put out something similar for Bronco. I pasted the Sand/baja ones specifically, but the link has the other modes as well.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...es--where-we-re-going--we-don-t-need-roa.html

Mud/Sand
For tackling trails and other off-road treks, the mud/sand setting is your best friend. 4 High and the electronic locking differential automatically engage for driving over loose or soft ground, and optimized AdvanceTrac settings help Raptor keep its footing. Steering is set to comfort, which makes it easier to navigate along tight trails and over obstacles.

Baja
Baja mode is where Raptor eclipses the competition. Designed for high-speed desert running, Baja mode places the vehicle in 4 High, AdvanceTrac is programmed to the least intrusive settings, and the throttle map is adjusted for more linear power and improved engine response to give the hardcore off-road driver greater control. The transmission has quicker shifts and holds gears longer ā€“ keeping the vehicle in its power band.

Actually, you can change/modify your order all the way up until your Bronco is ā€œscheduled to be builtā€ which is when the parts are available, and the VIN is assigned... typically about 2 weeks before it is *actually* built.

For early time stamp holders this might be a relatively small window, for others it could be months and months. Some people will see the MY22 announcements and be able to delay / required to change their build to include those.

In fact, Ford has stated (Estaban) they are *expecting* people to modify their orders come May when they supply us with our delivery estimates and what options could be causing delays.
No doubt people will changed. I remember when my dad ordered his Raptor years ago, there was a carbon fiber interior accent package and hood graphics package that were causing it to be delayed, and he changed it to just not get either so he could get it sooner (he was also extending a Ford lease at the time so needed it sooner than later).
Sponsored