First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree with both of you about the look of the steps, but to be honest I ordered mine with them for the sole fact of saving me from door dings. The steps on my raptor have kept my doors ding free! I see paint from other peoples vehicles on my steps and it makes me happy I have them!
I've been looking at the "boat step" rock sliders (I think they're called) that serve the purpose you mention plus they're, well, rock sliders. They're higher up than regular step ups though.

82FE0B2E-DAC0-4AD8-A563-667A7E28D3F8.jpeg

C5A20106-C537-4364-B5E5-0383159AF893.jpeg
Sponsored

SavvyG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been looking at the "boat step" rock sliders (I think they're called) that serve the purpose you mention plus they're, well, rock sliders. They're higher up than regular step ups though.

Ahhhh shit! You the man Austin26! I've owned 3 jeeps and had a similar pair on my TJ. I have no idea why I didn't think of those. I'm 6'2 so I don't really need the step. Just want door ding protection since it's my daily and work has me going all different places. New plan, still get the factory steps to get me by until someone makes a good slider step combo! I wouldn't do boatside as they say on the bronco since that required cutting the bottom portion of the body tub off my jeep. Boatside give the underside an angle to it like a V hull to deflect damage like a military Buffalo vehicle. Thanks for reminding me!

Holiday

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did anyone who went to KOH ride in one with the front roof panels removed but the cargo area roof on? Curious about the airflow at speed. That is my only concern about going MIC instead of Modular.

SavvyG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did anyone who went to KOH ride in one with the front roof panels removed but the cargo area roof on? Curious about the airflow at speed. That is my only concern about going MIC instead of Modular.
I would assume it's the same as a jeep with the same type of top. If you have access to test drive one you will get a good sense of how the bronco will be. In my experience most of the air goes up and over the vehicle and it's relatively calm inside. I had the tops off my JK going up the mountains in CO on I-70 and it was snowing and nothing got inside the jeep as long as I kept my speed up. Had the heat on my feet and the wife and I were very comfortable!

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for sharing this. I avoided the bulky tube steps on order with thinking I’d go drop step. But those are spendy.

Need to look into these.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ahhhh shit! You the man Austin26! I've owned 3 jeeps and had a similar pair on my TJ. I have no idea why I didn't think of those. I'm 6'2 so I don't really need the step. Just want door ding protection since it's my daily and work has me going all different places. New plan, still get the factory steps to get me by until someone makes a good slider step combo! I wouldn't do boatside as they say on the bronco since that required cutting the bottom portion of the body tub off my jeep. Boatside give the underside an angle to it like a V hull to deflect damage like a military Buffalo vehicle. Thanks for reminding me!
Haha no problem. If you end up finding some that attach to the frame and you like them please let me know. There's a good chance I'll get them too. And yes they do kinda look like V-hulls for the new armored military vehicles. We were some of the last Humvee Era Marines but we'd see EOD with them occasionally.

Thanks for sharing this. I avoided the bulky tube steps on order with thinking I’d go drop step. But those are spendy.

Need to look into these.
I won't receive my Bronco until spring of 2022. If you find some that are attached to the frame and / or actually install some like the ones pictured please share with me. Thank you. Yes I thought they were pretty cool too and served three purposes: rock sliding, step up, and door ding repeller.

Last edited:

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Me too.

I never got to Moab with my Jeep. I will go with the Bronco. This is a must.

OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I love when we break out into song!! 🪕🎶

Sponsored

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The MIC and modular are exactly the same in that regard, though. Other than materials and color, the only difference is the rear windows can be removed from the rear panel of the modular. But both MIC and modular have the same number and location of roof panels.

Holiday

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The MIC and modular are exactly the same in that regard, though. Other than materials and color, the only difference is the rear windows can be removed from the rear panel of the modular. But both MIC and modular have the same number and location of roof panels.
For sure, the ability to remove the windows to let air flow better was my thought.
Sponsored