Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, I’ve got a minute. The first thing I noticed was that the BN flannel was in full effect, lmao. So it was the AMB Squatched BD and Iconic Silver manual Badlands with lux. Omg, it’s going to a long year! These things are beautiful. I really tried to get the woman who drives the BD to talk about the mpg and she wouldn’t say a word. I wish I was a physics wiz, where I knew about rolling resistance and unsprung weight. The 35” tires are each 14 lbs more than the 33”, and are over an inch wider. I wish I knew how the difference factors into the mpg. Oops, gotta run. Be back later.

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, I’ve got a minute. The first thing I noticed was that the BN flannel was in full effect, lmao. So it was the AMB Squatched BD and Iconic Silver manual Badlands with lux. Omg, it’s going to a long year! These things are beautiful. I really tried to get the woman who drives the BD to talk about the mpg and she wouldn’t say a word. I wish I was a physics wiz, where I knew about rolling resistance and unsprung weight. The 35” tires are each 14 lbs more than the 33”, and are over an inch wider. I wish I knew how the difference factors into the mpg. Oops, gotta run. Be back later.
It's going to be about 18 combined. Squatch may be 1 mpg less. :)

Show my work:
Ford Bronco Koons Ford of Baltimore Bronco event math

OP
OP
Rebel Bronc

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt my pictures will impress anyone. But here is one of my wife sitting in the BD. She loved the 35” tires and had no problem entering. (She’s 5’3”)
Ford Bronco Koons Ford of Baltimore Bronco event 06A33702-FB12-4343-B452-8471823F0A5F

One of my concerns before today was whether I’d be comfortable in the driver seat. I thought my ‘15 Taco was a bit snug, but this seat was plenty comfortable in the hip space. (I’m 6’1” and kind of burly)
Loved the MGV. After seeing both screens, Mid package is fine for me. I had been considering the 7spd, but after driving my wife’s Subaru around Baltimore, I think I’m more in love with the idea of driving a manual than I am driving it. Still debating that, because I don’t know how often I’ll be driving in city traffic.
Ford Bronco Koons Ford of Baltimore Bronco event 8B71EBB6-8538-4951-BD83-4A1AA4A782AF

Ford Bronco Koons Ford of Baltimore Bronco event 4D21F336-930F-426E-8C86-BBE83D92D506

Ford Bronco Koons Ford of Baltimore Bronco event 8D58987A-3B47-4EBA-AC49-F5B80B4959D3

Ford Bronco Koons Ford of Baltimore Bronco event CAFE1359-04D6-4E42-973D-D6064A4CB33F

My final takeaway is this: I’m still not certain of my ‘22 order, be it a BD or Badlands, but I will definitely be ordering a Bronco!
Ford Bronco Koons Ford of Baltimore Bronco event 1618862554651
Sponsored