Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have this in my 604Bronco Build Journal, but thought I'd post this separate in case anyone is looking for a good, solid bike rack that can hold quite a bit of weight.

Kuat Pivot v2 hitch extension (Kuat Part # PVP20B) & Kuat Piston Pro X bike rack (Kuat Part # PX22G):

So I am beyond impressed with this hitch extension and bike rack. It's not cheap, however you really do get what you pay for with this (IMO).

The hitch extension allows for the bike rack to pivot away from the vehicle, giving me full access to my cargo area. It opens 90 degrees... But wait, there's more! It can also open to 120 degrees, as shown by my pictures below.

The rack itself is 99% metal and it really well built, with super simple instructions to put it together and use it. It also has integrated LED lights (brakes, turn signals, etc.), which hook up to the 4 pin trailer harness.

Any questions about the hitch extension or bike rack, please ask away and I'll do my best to answer them!

Ford Bronco Kuat Piston Pro X Bike Rack + Pivot Pro 2.0 Hitch Extension 33f9dc98-3d08-4820-a560-99635f854f79_1_201_a-jpe

Ford Bronco Kuat Piston Pro X Bike Rack + Pivot Pro 2.0 Hitch Extension tempimageibukkm-

Ford Bronco Kuat Piston Pro X Bike Rack + Pivot Pro 2.0 Hitch Extension c51d7510-e61f-4d0c-83e2-d00866c31fad_1_201_a-jpe

Ford Bronco Kuat Piston Pro X Bike Rack + Pivot Pro 2.0 Hitch Extension tempimagebvo6s4-

Ford Bronco Kuat Piston Pro X Bike Rack + Pivot Pro 2.0 Hitch Extension tempimagerdmmg7-

Ford Bronco Kuat Piston Pro X Bike Rack + Pivot Pro 2.0 Hitch Extension tempimagetipkck-
Sponsored

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same setup. We will see how the Pivot holds up. A few poor reviews about the swing away over time. The Piston X Pro rack is killer so far. The best rack I've owned and I’ve had a bunch. Thule, 1Up etc.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same setup. We will see how the Pivot holds up. A few poor reviews about the swing away over time. The Piston X Pro rack is killer so far. The best rack I've owned and I’ve had a bunch. Thule, 1Up etc.
The Pivot arm seems really well built. Were the reviews you saw the original version, or the 2.0?

I was concerned too over time, but it has a lifetime warranty, so it sounds like they stand behind their product. Hopefully it's never needed, but good peace of mind.

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Pivot arm seems really well built. Were the reviews you saw the original version, or the 2.0?

I was concerned too over time, but it has a lifetime warranty, so it sounds like they stand behind their product. Hopefully it's never needed, but good peace of mind.
That is good to know. Probably version 1.

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition | 4 Door | Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have the Pivot v2, and I'm pretty sure mine doesn't go past 90 degrees... Is there a mind-blowing thing I'm missing to get it to open that far? Or did I get a V1 and not even realize it....?

I'm super happy with my Pivot + NV 2.0 setup (driver's side open), even without the 120 degree opening, for what it's worth.

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Pivot v2, and I'm pretty sure mine doesn't go past 90 degrees... Is there a mind-blowing thing I'm missing to get it to open that far? Or did I get a V1 and not even realize it....?

I'm super happy with my Pivot + NV 2.0 setup (driver's side open), even without the 120 degree opening, for what it's worth.
You know the little lever you push to swing it open? Once you get to 90 degrees, push it again and it'll go to 120 degrees. Not sure if v1 does this or not.

TahoeTexan

Outer Banks
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Pivot V2 goes to 120deg.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went 1up. I'm happy with it. I like that I can go driver or passenger side swing. Large size.
Ford Bronco Kuat Piston Pro X Bike Rack + Pivot Pro 2.0 Hitch Extension Photo Aug 12, 7 16 37 PM

Ford Bronco Kuat Piston Pro X Bike Rack + Pivot Pro 2.0 Hitch Extension Photo Aug 12, 7 16 49 PM

Last edited:

thaze

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX330
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Pivot v1 and the Kuat Sherpa 2.0 on our Jeep. I have been very pleased.

I plan on getting the Pivot v2 for the Bronco and switch the Sherpa back and forth as needed.

I had to get a part for the v1 when I first got it and Kuat’s support team was fantastic!!

Pixel R

Outer Banks
First Name
Pixel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tacoma 2016
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was thinking to get the same set up, but worried about the backup sensor, is there any issue at all? I noticed that the rack is actually blocking a portion of the bumper. Nice setup by the way.

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had to get a part for the v1 when I first got it and Kuat’s support team was fantastic!!
I reached out to them with some questions, and second your comment. They were very helpful and quick to respond!

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking to get the same set up, but worried about the backup sensor, is there any issue at all? I noticed that the rack is actually blocking a portion of the bumper. Nice setup by the way.
Thanks!

So because this has a 4 pin wire harness, I found when you plug it in, it deactivates your rear parking sensors and cross-traffic alert - It tells you on the dash when you start the truck. However, when I approach a wall or something in front of me, the front sensors still work fine. Couldn't be happier!

And as an added bonus, the wiring harness connects to the bike rack via a magnet - So if you're forgetful like me and go to swing out the swing arm while it's still wired, it'll just pop out no issue (versus potentially ripping it out like a standard plug). They really thought of everything.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you guys think it would work with my Thule hitch cargo carrier?

https://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Carg...tqi0u-NdAnmwJgZumRqaYpaHzZWef8rkaAqzrEALw_wcB

I would hate to have to buy a new carrier for the Bronco, cheaper to just buy this swing hitch.

Thoughts?
The guys at eTrailer are super knowledgable - I'd reach out and ask them. I'm not sure why you couldn't use the swing arm for that, but they'd know better than me when it comes to cross-brand compatibility, weight limitations, etc.

Pixel R

Outer Banks
First Name
Pixel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tacoma 2016
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks!

So because this has a 4 pin wire harness, I found when you plug it in, it deactivates your rear parking sensors and cross-traffic alert - It tells you on the dash when you start the truck. However, when I approach a wall or something in front of me, the front sensors still work fine. Couldn't be happier!

And as an added bonus, the wiring harness connects to the bike rack via a magnet - So if you're forgetful like me and go to swing out the swing arm while it's still wired, it'll just pop out no issue (versus potentially ripping it out like a standard plug). They really thought of everything.
That is sweet! Good to know!
Sponsored