Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like the 1up racks. I have a Kuat NV rack and have replaced many parts on it over the past 6 years. Kuat makes them very reparable and have fast parts shipping. However, I prefer the design of the 1up. It's less deep and doesn't stick out as far from the car when it's not being used. And the racks are spaced closer together so they are closer to the car when in use. Also it's basically 100% aluminum and there's very little to corrode. Both 1up and Kuat make good products. But my next rack (when I can no longer repair the Kuat) will be a 1up. FYI I love my Kuat roof ski rack.
I had a Thule T2 original rack for 10 years before my current set up. I sold it for almost what I paid for it after 10 years. It worked great for me but I do like my new 1up set up better.
Sponsored

Crash98

Wildtrak
First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does the Kuat pivot work with other brand of racks? Or is there something special that makes it only work with Kuat racks? I think I want the pivot to use with a ski/snowboard carrier.

dangerfoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dangerfoot.com
Vehicle(s)
White Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does the Kuat pivot work with other brand of racks? Or is there something special that makes it only work with Kuat racks? I think I want the pivot to use with a ski/snowboard carrier.
Works with any 2" hitch device.

dangerfoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dangerfoot.com
Vehicle(s)
White Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I added my Curt hitch, Kuat Pivot v2 and old NSR4 rack this past week, works great! Still throwing the bike under the hardtop for security if I need to be at the office before ...
Honestly having the same detents for the Bronco swing out and the Pivot is pretty rad, allows you to just swing it open.

Ford Bronco Kuat Piston Pro X Bike Rack + Pivot Pro 2.0 Hitch Extension PXL_20220923_200702293

Ford Bronco Kuat Piston Pro X Bike Rack + Pivot Pro 2.0 Hitch Extension PXL_20220923_210957495.MP

Ford Bronco Kuat Piston Pro X Bike Rack + Pivot Pro 2.0 Hitch Extension PXL_20220923_211149934.MP

Last edited:

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I added my Curt hitch, Kuat Pivot v2 and old NSR4 rack this past week, works great! Still throwing the bike under the hardtop for security if I need to be at the office before ...
Honestly having the same detents for the Bronco swing out and the Pivot is pretty rad, allows you to just swing it open.

PXL_20220923_200702293.jpg

PXL_20220923_210957495.MP.jpg

PXL_20220923_211149934.MP.jpg
How much space between the bottom of the tire, and the pivot v2 do you have?

I have a pivot v2 and just got the raptor and worrying about if the pivot will fit between the tire.

Sponsored

dangerfoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dangerfoot.com
Vehicle(s)
White Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How much space between the bottom of the tire, and the pivot v2 do you have?

I have a pivot v2 and just got the raptor and worrying about if the pivot will fit between the tire.
With oem Sasquatch tires have a bit to spare!

PXL_20220930_151030213.jpg

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

With oem Sasquatch tires have a bit to spare!

Ford Bronco Kuat Piston Pro X Bike Rack + Pivot Pro 2.0 Hitch Extension PXL_20220930_151030213
any chance you can measure that?

I believe if the tire is in the same position, i would need an extra 1.2"

Sas tire technically is 34.6"
Braptor tire is 37"
Difference = 2.4" / 2 = 1.2"

dangerfoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dangerfoot.com
Vehicle(s)
White Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

any chance you can measure that?

I believe if the tire is in the same position, i would need an extra 1.2"

Sas tire technically is 34.6"
Braptor tire is 37"
Difference = 2.4" / 2 = 1.2"
Sure but it will be a bit!

Overlander22

Badlands
First Name
jt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2wd/2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have confirmed with both Kuat and 1Up that neither the Pivot v2 nor the RakAttach 2.0 swing arms are RV rated nor off-road rated on 4wd vehicles. Given this, any thoughts about which system would be strongest for RV and off-road use?

dangerfoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dangerfoot.com
Vehicle(s)
White Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have confirmed with both Kuat and 1Up that neither the Pivot v2 nor the RakAttach 2.0 swing arms are RV rated nor off-road rated on 4wd vehicles. Given this, any thoughts about which system would be strongest for RV and off-road use?
Yeah, off road use...def won't have a swing out due to the extra material and leverage. You definitely have to make some compromises. I recall only one rack that I've ever seen is off-road rated and it was a yellow vertical rack from some company in the northwest about a decade ago... Let me see if I can track it down...

I couldn't find that original company, but this seems to be the most popular current solution https://www.isi-carriers.com/products.html
Sponsored