peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I was surprised that there did not appear to be any new aftermarket wheels in the original offsets aside from the ones we have seen on here for awhile. instead lots of serious poke. Should I be surprised or is that pretty standard for SEMA? If there will be more OEM spec wheels coming out, when is people's best guess as to when we should start seeing them? Really hoping US mags comes through with the polished slots.
Sponsored

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it is mostly a function of SEMA as the emphasis is to go big or go home and poke is an easy way to accomplish that. A smaller part is still COVID delays as some builds were still missing pieces and wheels are so everyday now that unless there is something really spectacular about them nobody is going to care.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just about every lifted truck I see on the interstate has ridiculous poke and 20+in wheels. Seems the market has gone to the ???

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wheel manufacturers are only going to offer a couple of offset options. Some only one. Wheel casting molds are expensive. They will cast blanks (no lug holes) and drill to spec. That way one mold can cover many different makes and models. The trade off is that they all have the same offset.

OP
OP
peterh

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I do get that concept for sure - just figuring that since this is a whole new vehicle being launched and will compete against the Jeep which has an insane aftermarket, there would be some taking the risk and offering Bronco specific set ups. Maybe in time. In other words, the same people who bought and tricked out their Jeeps will be buying a Bronco and will do the same - many of whom are not looking to create dune buggies with wide out wheels.

Sponsored

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agree. OEM 17x8.5 et30 is the perfect sizing for base suspension broncos. A wee bit of poke but nothing too dramatic.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SEMA is all about being ridiculous. I mostly ignore it.

I don't see there ever being mass options in stock sizing. The best we're going to get is recycled Toyota wheels, +20-0 range.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been looking at wheels online for 6 months now. There are very few positive offset options. Most are 0 or negative. I have seen a couple come out recently at +18 and +30 but I have yet to see a +35. I’m likely to go with the 18-30 range as I don’t mind a little poke, but I don’t want too much. Mostly due to concerns of throwing rocks and mud at the side of the rig all the time.

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have been looking at wheels online for 6 months now. There are very few positive offset options. Most are 0 or negative. I have seen a couple come out recently at +18 and +30 but I have yet to see a +35. I’m likely to go with the 18-30 range as I don’t mind a little poke, but I don’t want too much. Mostly due to concerns of throwing rocks and mud at the side of the rig all the time.
Practical thinking.

Sponsored

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Few options documented here, although a bit of an older thread:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/sasquatch-fitment-replacement-wheels.18751/

Incidentally, +30 is the stock offset of the 'squatch wheels, not +35

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was surprised that there did not appear to be any new aftermarket wheels in the original offsets aside from the ones we have seen on here for awhile. instead lots of serious poke. Should I be surprised or is that pretty standard for SEMA? If there will be more OEM spec wheels coming out, when is people's best guess as to when we should start seeing them? Really hoping US mags comes through with the polished slots.
So I have been on that page with you Peter and going toward the US Mags style or the Revolver style like MT3. I am considering buying Voxx GTX T16 which has +12 offset but in digging more I went to American Racing wheels and found this that says custom offset -24 to +77 so I emailed and am waiting. I also called a couple car shops and finally someone at Avenue Sound in Freeport (Long Island) is trying to get details as it is not on any buy online site that I can find. https://www.americanracing.com/product/wheels/vn327-rally/?attribute_pa_finish=polished

Ford Bronco Lack of Wheels with OEM specs at SEMA 1636046088096