Sponsored

Land Rover going all electric. No more petrol.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That article is not very clear. From their own press release:

"Jaguar and Land Rover will offer pure electric power, nameplate by nameplate, by 2030. By this time, in addition to 100% of Jaguar sales, it is anticipated that around 60% of Land Rovers sold will be equipped with zero tailpipe powertrains."

Basically by 2025 they plan on offering all-electric versions of their vehicles, but they will still be producing ICE vehicles in some capacity for a while yet. I'd be shocked if there wasn't an all-electric Bronco well before 2030, too.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well once they run out of materials to make batteries they will switch back. Have they even thought about how bad they are for the environment with the strip mining and what happens when the batteries go bad? Anyway if you want electric cool but I’m sticking with gas and shouldn’t have to be forced into something that still uses power generated by fossil fueled power station.

Idiosyncratic

Base
First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Came here to say that. I wanted one for years. Neighbor bought one. More gremlins that the movie.

Sponsored

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you want to see what Tata has done so far with electric check out the Jag e-pace. Haven't heard the best of reports regarding the beast.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 door current gen Rubicon owners hearing that Land Rover is changing their name to JLR:

dd0.png
Sponsored