First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon Hard Rock (SOLD) / 2020 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
After driving my 2-door FE for the last few days, I have to say that the lane keeping assist needs work. Mine basically does nothing to keep you in the lane (alert+aide is turned on in settings).

On well marked roads going over 40mph which is what it requires to kick on, there are many times that the steering wheel hasn't given me any vibration input let alone moving the Bronco back into the lane. That said, the alert works much better than the steering aide which has not one time put me back into the lane after testing over several days.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?
Sponsored

theserg

Big Bend
First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not necessarily on the Bronco(still waiting on mine), but on my Ford Fusion it does present similar issues as well. I am not sure if this is across all of Ford models, but I can attest to my experience.

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is the Bronco supposed to do?

I recently rented an SUV with active lane keeping that actually did sone thing with the steering to try abs keep the vehicle in the lane and could not turn that off fast enough. What a horrible nanny feature.

I much prefer the lane departure warning and steering wheel vibration that my Mercedes has. Just a warning is enough.

OP
OP
mortgagebruce

mortgagebruce

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon Hard Rock (SOLD) / 2020 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What is the Bronco supposed to do?

I recently rented an SUV with active lane keeping that actually did sone thing with the steering to try abs keep the vehicle in the lane and could not turn that off fast enough. What a horrible nanny feature.

I much prefer the lane departure warning and steering wheel vibration that my Mercedes has. Just a warning is enough.
It’s supposed to move you back into the lane if you wander out of it.

Sponsored

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After driving my 2-door FE for the last few days, I have to say that the lane keeping assist needs work. Mine basically does nothing to keep you in the lane (alert+aide is turned on in settings).

On well marked roads going over 40mph which is what it requires to kick on, there are many times that the steering wheel hasn't given me any vibration input let alone moving the Bronco back into the lane. That said, the alert works much better than the steering aide which has not one time put me back into the lane after testing over several days.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?
Mine came from the Factory at the lowest setting. I turned up the sensitivity to medium. Works way better.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've turned it off in both of my vehicles. It's more aggravating than helpful.

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Call me what you want, but I do not want any driver "aid" that steers for me. If you are unwilling to control your vehicle, too tired, or distracted it's time to get off of the road.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've turned it off in both of my vehicles. It's more aggravating than helpful.
When I had an Explorer, I turned it off for that reason. After getting used to it and lane centering combined, I like it now and have it on the highest setting.

Sponsored

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Call me what you want, but I do not want any driver "aid" that steers for me. If you are unwilling to control your vehicle, too tired, or distracted it's time to get off of the road.
Exactly. And if you want or need to change lanes without signalling, I don’t want to fight with the vehicle.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought it sucked until I realized mine was on alert only. Switched it to aide only and I like it. Not as good as my wife’s Hyundai but helps with 2 small kids in the back.

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I travel frequently for work, and have driven many types of rental cars with varying types of lane centering. More than once I have had a car with lane centering turned on almost cause an accident. Quite a few times the car would want to take an exit ramp when I had no intention of exiting. Other examples would be on decreasing radius turns, the car would abruptly input more steering angle than required, almost yanking the wheel out of my hands.

Driving to me is about the experience, not a utility. If I don't enjoy driving the vehicle I am in, I don't keep it. I firmly believe people that don't like driving, have never had an exciting car to drive that handles well.
Sponsored