Sponsored

Larger Fuel Tank available via aftermarket?

dadjoke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend 4-Door 2.7 MIC Auto Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Titan responded to me with this when I asked the other day:

“Good morning Steven. Unfortunately with a gas powered truck it is very limited. The EPA/government has regulations which make it virtually impossible to do replacement or auxiliary tanks for gasoline. The gasoline tank is considered to be part of the EVAP system which is illegal to alter or tamper with in any way. What they do allow are transfer tanks between 10 and 15 gallons like our Trail Trekker tank that we designed for Jeeps and other popular off road vehicles. We have looked at the Bronco, it's carrier does not work with our tank but most of the Bronco aftermarket carriers do work with it. Here is a link to it https://titanfueltanks.com/products/trail-trekker”

So I looked at their site and they have one for 6-lug patterns...

Says "fits 6 x 5 1/2 patterns"

Google says the Bronco is 6 x 139.7....which is 5 1/2? Am I nuts or would this fit?

https://titanfueltanks.com/products/trail-trekker/titan-trail-trekker-ii-4040387
Sponsored

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So I looked at their site and they have one for 6-lug patterns...

Says "fits 6 x 5 1/2 patterns"

Google says the Bronco is 6 x 139.7....which is 5 1/2? Am I nuts or would this fit?

https://titanfueltanks.com/products/trail-trekker/titan-trail-trekker-ii-4040387

From that email they said it should fit with an aftermarket tire carrier. I’m boot going to be the Guinea pig on this one tho and I really don’t want that on the back. I’ll probably do RotoPax first as I already have the TrailRax.

JohnnyBoots

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XJ, BMW Z4, Mini Clubman JCW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm guessing when Titan says it wont fit it's due to the added weight of 12 gallons, that's about an 72lbs.

RXV_POOR

Base
First Name
Leland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lexus GS 350 F Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm guessing when Titan says it wont fit it's due to the added weight of 12 gallons, that's about an 72lbs.
Reinforce the tailgate?

I want to rin 37's eventually so it's in the plans

Sponsored

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That would be an extra 75lbs on the tailgate when full. That plus the spare is a lot of weight. Muffler relocation and racing fuel cell is a possibility, but would require a fair bit of work/modification to the vehicle.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if you look closely at your tank, it is inside the frame and in front of the diff .. so lots of protection. Sure, there is a room where the muffler sits BUT if you take a good hit from the rear then ca-boom!
A ford whose gas tank explodes from a rear end hit?

JohnnyBoots

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XJ, BMW Z4, Mini Clubman JCW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think removing the muffler and using that space for fuel is the go-to. Plenty of vehicles put tanks there and they aren't known for exploding. The aluminum tailgate even with the reinforcement just feels weak for this much weight.