First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Now your talking. Casey Currie is already planning SFA swap to run 40's.
My plan is to roll out on 35's & wait for the beta testers a few years to see what's working & what kits come to market. If the kit has blocks, & or does not offer more travel I will keep waiting. I'm going to have this truck for the long haul so there is plenty of time to see who develops the best option.
Yeah if i pay more than 10,000 for a vehicle i expect 40 years out of it. I can usually get atleast 5 good years out of a 3000 dollar vehicle. Once the warranty period is over i am not afraid to change everything.
Sponsored

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For anyone that knows about off road vehicles what is better for high speed desert running? 33’s Or 35’s. Does the added tire weight affect anything?

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For anyone that knows about off road vehicles what is better for high speed desert running? 33’s Or 35’s. Does the added tire weight affect anything?
Which desert? Dunes or whoops?
If you don’t need the clearance, 33s are lighter and you won’t heat up shocks as fast..

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, the 35" tires will make the vehicle generally slower to accelerate, more difficult to stop, and increase unsprung weight thus impacting ride quality. And will raise the center of gravity especially with lift, which depending on the trails you run could be not such a good thing. One inch of additional clearance can be nice but there are other factors. 35s could give better flotation though. If you are doing real high speed desert running not on some cleared course, you will probably destroy your Bronco regardless of 33 or 35 though. Production vehicles are not built for that type of high speed abuse whatever Ford my advertise. I'm waiting to see people with smashed up Broncos from taking air and hitting obstacles at 50mph off-road.

broncoenthusiast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
despite the alignment headaches with the old BKO suspension i absolutely love the system and how it works.

Sponsored

CoachScott

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Probably a dumb question here and hope it fits with this thread somewhat...

- I have stock 255/75/17’s (32”)Don’t want to spend the money for new 35” tires yet but would be willing to once the stock tires wear out
- My Big Bend is a daily driver, not an off-roader...but we do live on a mountain gravel road
- Until the new tires are needed, this question is a ‘just for looks’ question to get a little more aggressive look for my bronco

Question:
- Can/should I do a 2” lift & level now or will the smaller tires look too small?
- What about wheel spacers to push the wheels out a bit...same question...look bad with the stock small tires?

Last edited:

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

- I have stock 255/75/17’s (32”)Don’t want to spend the money for new 35” tires yet but would be willing to once the stock tires wear out
- My Big Bend is a daily driver, not an off-roader...but we do live on a mountain gravel road
- Until the new tires are needed, this question is a ‘just for looks’ question to get a little more aggressive look for my bronco

Question:
- Can/should I do a 2” lift & level now or will the smaller tires look too small?
- What about wheel spacers to push the wheels out a bit...same question...look bad with the stock small tires?
Unless you do all the work yourself a lift is not as cheap as you think. Plenty of Big Bends are running aggressive 33" without a lift. If I was extremely budget limited on a big bend I'd just get a set of aggressive 33s.

CoachScott

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Unless you do all the work yourself a lift is not as cheap as you think. Plenty of Big Bends are running aggressive 33" without a lift. If I was extremely budget limited on a big bend I'd just get a set of aggressive 33s.
Thanks. I would plan to do the work myself. RC 2” lift is ~$125 and spacers ~$60. Aggressive 33’s are gonna cost >$1000 all in.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question:
If you do a lift or level without changing your tires, it’ll look stupid (IMO). Like a big, jacked up guy who skips leg-day at the gym. Do it all at once.

I’m not a fan of wheel spacers in general (I know, opinions vary here). However these tires throw rocks like crazy as it is… no way I’d want them to poke out more.

Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored