Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Could you clarify the loss of height gained comment? You mean with greater articulation and smaller tires?
35" tire is 2 inches. shorter than a 33" tire running on the same suspension. meaning you lose that 2" of clearance.
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

35" tire is 2 inches. shorter than a 33" tire running on the same suspension. meaning you lose that 2" of clearance.
With hight? Sorry, I'm not following. I'm not too bright. ?

35" tires get your lowest center of the bottom off the ground higher (the pineapple or differential). That is what's more important to me when wheeling.

also, 35" tires with the Badlands and Sasquatch lift also increase overall ground clearance and improves the angles.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With hight? Sorry, I'm not following. I'm not too bright. ?

35" tires get your lowest center of the bottom off the ground higher (the pineapple or differential). That is what's more important to me when wheeling.

also, 35" tires with the Badlands and Sasquatch lift also increase overall ground clearance and improves the angles.
ok, so if you swapped out those 35s for 33s, still on a Badlands with Squatch lift, you'd be lowering the truck essentially 2inch because of the tire size. but the wheels would have more clearance in the wheel well to move around.

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ok, so if you swapped out those 35s for 33s, still on a Badlands with Squatch lift, you'd be lowering the truck essentially 2inch because of the tire size. but the wheels would have more clearance in the wheel well to move around.
You would only lose half of the height difference, 1" lower and 1" more clearance in the wheel well.

Sponsored

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We are all speculating at this point, but someone will figure out an easy way to lift these things and regain the 10mm of lost travel the sasquatch had to sacrifice, or come up with a solution to allow the 315's to stuff (different inner fenders, relocate a component, whatever).
35s in the rocks have a big advantage over 33s. Easier to roll onto a big rock, more clearance under the truck and a massively bigger footprint when aired down. I'd take that over 3/8" extra uptravel all day.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This isn't really even a question anymore. I get some people were skeptical before we knew the number - if travel was limited by an inch or more, for example, they'd have a point - but 10mm is not enough to counteract the advantages of larger tires and more ground clearance. Not even close.

glacierbear

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS 7, Ram 3500, Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We are all speculating at this point, but someone will figure out an easy way to lift these things and regain the 10mm of lost travel the sasquatch had to sacrifice, or come up with a solution to allow the 315's to stuff (different inner fenders, relocate a component, whatever).
35s in the rocks have a big advantage over 33s. Easier to roll onto a big rock, more clearance under the truck and a massively bigger footprint when aired down. I'd take that over 3/8" extra uptravel all day.
I am sure that most of the aftermarket manufactures will be all over this bronco. If we take ICON for example I would suspect that adding their UCA and coil overs will probably net around a 30% increase in wheel travel like their kit for the new Ranger. I previously had their UCA's and king coil overs on my canyon and the difference in wheel travel and ride quality was amazing. Hard to fathom that we can buy factory vehicles with 12" of travel and potentially increase that to 15"+ without serious mods.....

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Up-travel isnt really the thing you need so much. You need ground clearance and droop. For the fronts it wont be noticeable since they are IFS. For the rear the up travel on the offside could slightly impact the droop on the other, but it wont be much. 10mm is less than half an inch, that isnt going to be an issue.
Exactly. When you top off in the upward travel it will start to raise the vehicle giving you even more clearance. 10mm is 1 cm = 25/64 of an inch. Not a lot to worry about. ;)

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am sure that most of the aftermarket manufactures will be all over this bronco. If we take ICON for example I would suspect that adding their UCA and coil overs will probably net around a 30% increase in wheel travel like their kit for the new Ranger. I previously had their UCA's and king coil overs on my canyon and the difference in wheel travel and ride quality was amazing. Hard to fathom that we can buy factory vehicles with 12" of travel and potentially increase that to 15"+ without serious mods.....
If ford is already offering a 2" kit, and ICON already has a 0-3.5" kit for the ranger, there are going to be plenty of choices.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If ford is already offering a 2" kit, and ICON already has a 0-3.5" kit for the ranger, there are going to be plenty of choices.
I have always found that having the least amount of lift to fit the tires you want to run is always best. If I can do that from the factory with warranty intact all the better. While I would like to run 37's, I don't trust the axles for the type of trail work I intended to run & stay reliable. Don't forget about the lower gears in going 35's & stronger axles for anything under the Badlands trim from the factory as well.

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have always found that having the least amount of lift to fit the tires you want to run is always best. If I can do that from the factory with warranty intact all the better. While I would like to run 37's, I don't trust the axles for the type of trail work I intended to run & stay reliable. Don't forget about the lower gears in going 35's & stronger axles for anything under the Badlands trim from the factory as well.
Exactly, although I'd bet that 4.70 gears are still ok for 37's with the torque profile of the turbo engines and the available transmissions. 37's on a 2 door would be a nice setup.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ohh, you're referring to wheel travel within the chassis? Ok. Sorry, I'm a little slow. Alabama public school education. Ha! ?

broncoenthusiast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does the 33" tire maybe tuck inside the fender where as the 35s would hit the fender? Thus giving you more than 10mm more up travel with 33s?

OP
OP

hum-vee4us

First Edition
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
With the Badlands trim you can remove the part of the bumper near the tires, perhaps that's to accommodate more wheel travel from the 35" Sasquatch package.
Sponsored