Sponsored

Largest best performing A/T tires that fit BASE model rims / wheels?

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I put Falken Wildpeak AT3w’s on my Tacoma TRD Offroad with TRD pro 17 wheels off a 4Runner Pro ..grippy in wet weather, not too loud and are nice looking. I’m very happy with them..keep in mind I only drive 5-7k a year on my Taco so I can’t speak for wear with driving so little

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My biggest problem with Falkens is country of origin. If you are lucky, you get Thailand made, but a lot are now being made in China. I’d rather buy an equivalent tire made in the US if possible. For me there are other good choices that support American workers.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My biggest problem with Falkens is country of origin. If you are lucky, you get Thailand made, but a lot are now being made in China. I’d rather buy an equivalent tire made in the US if possible. For me there are other good choices that support American workers.
Are you sure? Japanese company with a big plant near Buffalo, NY. Do you have some links where it says these come from China at all?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you sure? Japanese company with a big plant near Buffalo, NY. Do you have some links where it says these come from China at all?
They are made in several plants. All you have to do is look on the tire. It will tell you where it is made. Google is your friend as well. Plenty of Chinese made Falkens in the US market of late.

Sponsored

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are made in several plants. All you have to do is look on the tire. It will tell you where it is made. Google is your friend as well. Plenty of Chinese made Falkens in the US market of late.
Just not seeing any hard evidence on that. Thanks

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one has really seemed to mention ply or density yet? Not that tires are typically measured that way. In my experience (growing up in the south where mud riding is a top way to pass time) softer tires are best for this as they allow more trasfer of mud in and out of the grip. Even in all trains. With what your doing though, looking for performance and life I'd recommend spending a little extra to get higher ply tires so they don't wear more under a load (pulling a camper or multiple people and gear frequently) and with a more dense rubber, harder rubber. Like a BFG KO2. They will last longer on the road and will work well in some mud conditions but also great on dirt/sand offraod conditions. Just my take and opinion though. Hope it helps!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just not seeing any hard evidence on that. Thanks
OK, go down to your nearest Big O or Discount Tire and look at several Falkens in different sizes and styles. It will say it right on the tire. Just like the two pictured above in this thread that are from Thailand.

gotmud06

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150 FX4, 2010 Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs FTW. I loved them on my wife's JK so much I put them on my F150. Best snow tire I've ever had on any of my trucks, can handle mud, and looks great.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I like my Falkens and my grabbers. Will never own a Cooper again. They were mediocre up until they dry rotted at the ripe old age of three years.
Toyos do the same shit. Trash tires.

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can a Ford certified mechanic tune the speedometer? Iwas wondering if i should just bite the bullet and have the dealer do the work
you can update your speedo with a $20 adapter off Amazon and forscan

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

No one has really seemed to mention ply or density yet? Not that tires are typically measured that way. In my experience (growing up in the south where mud riding is a top way to pass time) softer tires are best for this as they allow more trasfer of mud in and out of the grip. Even in all trains. With what your doing though, looking for performance and life I'd recommend spending a little extra to get higher ply tires so they don't wear more under a load (pulling a camper or multiple people and gear frequently) and with a more dense rubber, harder rubber. Like a BFG KO2. They will last longer on the road and will work well in some mud conditions but also great on dirt/sand offraod conditions. Just my take and opinion though. Hope it helps!
No mud in the Sierra Nevada mountains, much different terrain than the south.

Gasherbrum

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Off Road, Beater Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have KO2's on an old Jeep and they are super in all respects. But currently I'm leaning towards giving the Firestone Destination X/T a shot. It's a new tire with a more aggressive tread than their popular A/T line and has gotten good reviews so far. Don't know if it's intentional by Firestone or not, but the center tread pattern appears to spell "USA":

Ford Bronco Largest best performing A/T tires that fit BASE model rims / wheels? 1613391097587

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?tireMake=Falken&tireModel=WildPeak+A/T+Trail
I rarely buy from Tire Rack but their site is great for research. I always buy US-made tires unless I'm buying sticky car tires from Japan. The Wranglers I just put on my trailer were $52 installed at WalMart on a promo which was less than the Chinese alternatives!
Ford Bronco Largest best performing A/T tires that fit BASE model rims / wheels? 1613391097587
Interesting. I looked up the LT285/70r17 and it says Thailand. I wonder where all the U.S. Falken tires are going from the large plant near Buffalo, NY? Need to do some more research. I'm fine with Thailand as I have friends there but I also avoid China as much as possible (it's honestly seems impossible with many things).
Sponsored