Sponsored

Largest best performing A/T tires that fit BASE model rims / wheels?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That might help some of the recommendations here. I'm old and enjoyed the Coopers I had long ago for pavement/plowing (Jeep, Toyota, F150/250).

What I have started to trust lately is the Tire Rack testing videos. They will pit several tires against each other on the same vehicle.

Cruise through there, I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Really helped with the GMax tires I got for my sedan from that info.
Uggh, I had such bad experiences with Generals that I'm SUPER gun shy on their Grabbers now.
They basically turned me into a Michelin and Bridgestone fan boy.
(Edit to add both sets were car tires, not truck. The rubber just seemed to turn hard after the first year, wet traction went to zero, noise continued to go up as they aged. Was so happy to get rid of them...)
Really, after those two sets,, I'd rather just pay once for premium tires and not have to worry about it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was really impressed by the Geolandar G015's on my Forester XT. Thinking they will also end up on my 2020 Honda Passport. As for the Badlands we ordered I'll be sticking to a much more aggressive looking tire I am sure.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Interesting. I looked up the LT285/70r17 and it says Thailand. I wonder where all the U.S. Falken tires are going from the large plant near Buffalo, NY? Need to do some more research. I'm fine with Thailand as I have friends there but I also avoid China as much as possible (it's honestly seems impossible with many things).

The last I heard the plant in NY was only making OEM tires for the CUV market. The plants usually can make many different models and sizes, but you never really know where they came from unless you look on the tire.

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just get yourself a sweet set of LingLongs
Ford Bronco Largest best performing A/T tires that fit BASE model rims / wheels? Screenshot_20210924-114915_Samsung Internet

Just kidding... don't do that. I am a fan of BFG KO2s but have recently went to a Falken wild peak at3 due to the KO2 not performing well in snow and heavy rain.

tongsun3717

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Recommendations please- to upgrade, what are the largest / best performing A/T tires that will fit the base model rims? Any recommendations?

Please watch this youtube video.