Sponsored

Larry H Miller Super Ford (Salt Lake City)

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have no prior experience with this dealership, it was just the closest one and was automatically attached to my reservation when I finally got it submitted during the madness that was July 13th.

My primary point of contact has been Will Shields, who has been straightforward and easy to get a hold of since I made my reservation. Early on, he assured me LHM Super Ford would not charge insane ADMs, so I decided to keep the reservation there until I could get specifics about the deal they’d offer me and my build.

Fast forward to yesterday and we setup a call to discuss my desired configuration so that he could get me a price sheet to sign off on. Through what I believe was no foul intent of his own (maybe just due to this being a new and unfamiliar process), the dealership has now converted my reservation to an order, without having provided me with (or me signing off on) pricing or specifics about the deal. As such, I no longer have the capability to switch dealerships if I so choose (e.g. for better pricing) before the March 19 deadline, and yet I still do not know what pricing LHM Super Ford will be offering. I don’t even know the size or terms of the deposit they will require. Ford corporate says this cannot be reversed.

All signs point to Will being a stand-up guy and the dealership not having intentionally done this to block me from being able to shop my First Edition order around, but let this be a cautionary tale that you may not want to be an early bird in a new and unfamiliar process, because there are clearly some kinks to work out.

I have informed Will of what they’ve (inadvertently?) done and will update this thread with whether or not the dealership handles this issue with continued integrity.
Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is exactly my concern.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks like a 'They Done F'd Up' tracking thread needs to be spun up.

mootruck98

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that you mention it, that sounds exactly what my dealership did. On the ford site under my account, the FE has an order number instead of a reservation number like my later BD reservation. They have told me they couldn't downgrade my FE to a Badlands in the system yet, and we postponed completing the order until next week. It did not occur to me at the time that this removes my leverage of moving my reservation (at least with that FE).

Reactions: P.C

leviticusw

Outer Banks
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis, Isuzu Trooper
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have no prior experience with this dealership, it was just the closest one and was automatically attached to my reservation when I finally got it submitted during the madness that was July 13th.

My primary point of contact has been Will Shields, who has been straightforward and easy to get a hold of since I made my reservation. Early on, he assured me LHM Super Ford would not charge insane ADMs, so I decided to keep the reservation there until I could get specifics about the deal they’d offer me and my build.

Fast forward to yesterday and we setup a call to discuss my desired configuration so that he could get me a price sheet to sign off on. Through what I believe was no foul intent of his own (maybe just due to this being a new and unfamiliar process), the dealership has now converted my reservation to an order, without having provided me with (or me signing off on) pricing or specifics about the deal. As such, I no longer have the capability to switch dealerships if I so choose (e.g. for better pricing) before the March 19 deadline, and yet I still do not know what pricing LHM Super Ford will be offering. I don’t even know the size or terms of the deposit they will require. Ford corporate says this cannot be reversed.

All signs point to Will being a stand-up guy and the dealership not having intentionally done this to block me from being able to shop my First Edition order around, but let this be a cautionary tale that you may not want to be an early bird in a new and unfamiliar process, because there are clearly some kinks to work out.

I have informed Will of what they’ve (inadvertently?) done and will update this thread with whether or not the dealership handles this issue with continued integrity.
I'm currently waiting for anyone at LHM-Draper to contact me about the ordering process, total allocations, where I fall in line, price matching and extra fees. I had a feeling LHM (it's not only LHM) had some shady salesfolks. I haven't been able to get a hold of anyone with an ounce of sense to talk to me about my reservation. Lord knows I don't want to actually go in and wait on a sales guy. I really am thinking of changing dealerships but who the F knows if any of them are better.

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I am curious what type of deal you were looking for on a first edition? I think the dealers are doing this intentionally so you can't transfer....They have just locked in their profits...

There are now a few threads about dealers doing this....They know what they are doing. Since yours is a first edition they know you won't cancel and start up a new reservation.

I would try to get pricing figured out right away.

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm currently waiting for anyone at LHM-Draper to contact me about the ordering process, total allocations, where I fall in line, price matching and extra fees. I had a feeling LHM (it's not only LHM) had some shady salesfolks. I haven't been able to get a hold of anyone with an ounce of sense to talk to me about my reservation. Lord knows I don't want to actually go in and wait on a sales guy. I really am thinking of changing dealerships but who the F knows if any of them are better.
I live in south Jordan and have never had a good experience with lhm Draper. Even when I went I. Early to see if they had paint samples or just to see if they knew anything they were dumber than a box of rocks! All I can say for us Utah buyers is never use lhm! They are terrible. My reservation is up in Idaho at lithia Ford. Awesome people up there and have zero problems with them. Have been taking to the general manager the whole time about the bronco!

leviticusw

Outer Banks
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis, Isuzu Trooper
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I live in south Jordan and have never had a good experience with lhm Draper. Even when I went I. Early to see if they had paint samples or just to see if they knew anything they were dumber than a box of rocks! All I can say for us Utah buyers is never use lhm! They are terrible. My reservation is up in Idaho at lithia Ford. Awesome people up there and have zero problems with them. Have been taking to the general manager the whole time about the bronco!
DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!

OP
OP

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The last update from Will this morning was that he expected to have a full rundown of the pricing for my build by end of day, including how big the deposit would be.

I didn’t hear back today, so I guess they’re still working on that. I hope I haven’t been ghosted for raising this issue.

OP
OP

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Turns out that Mike Levine tweeted about this issue requesting more details from those it has happened to. Forwarded him the details of this situation.

AE6673BF-843F-40FC-BF62-FE74F08F487E.png

Sponsored

luckys13

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, Mini Cooper, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am supposed to meet with LHM Super Ford tomorrow to go over my order / specs and talk pricing. I am now wondering what is going to happen. I can update as well. I may not place the order if I am not feeling good about them. (Hopefully they just didn't place one for me....)

OP
OP

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am supposed to meet with LHM Super Ford tomorrow to go over my order / specs and talk pricing. I am now wondering what is going to happen. I can update as well. I may not place the order if I am not feeling good about them. (Hopefully they just didn't place one for me....)
You should be able to tell by logging into Ford.com and going to the Orders & Reservations page under your account.

If it’s listed as an “In-Store Order,” then it’s been converted

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've bought many cars and trucks here in Utah over the years and never one from any of the LHM even though I tried pretty hard. Their pricing always is high and they are never willing to come down much.

When you are that huge I guess there are enough clueless impulse buy customers constantly coming in that you don't have to deal with educated researching types. Just give them the bird and move on to the easy gullible ones.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Long time lurker, first time poster. Been stalking forum for months for updates on Utah dealer information. I'm also with LHM Draper. Closet large dealer on launch night. Called them numerous times to discuss pricing. First guy knew nothing of course and has since left dealership. Then reached a second sales person who has tried to be helpful, but has to refer back to the GM often. Most recently, spoke with a woman in Sales and she was a know it all that knew nothing and fairly rude. Tip for those in sales....Listen! Stop talking! I've bought a number of vehicles from LHM and it's as if I forget my last experience and go back to be punished:)

A point of frustration has certainly been with lack of transparency on allocation and where I sit in line at their store(July 14th rez). Though I was able to uncover LHM Draper has 700 reservations allegedly, they won't cough up where I'm at despite Ford encouraging that communication. Gotta admit I'm a bit jealous of those members in forum that know. Figure LHM Draper's allocation is around 210, but not sure if I'm inside line....I'd like to thinks so but be good to know for sure. Claim they're the largest Ford dealer in state so based on the allocation formula with heavy Jeep and 4Runner presence they may end up with more. Fine with a MY22 if that's the case...just would like to be able to plan accordingly.

Also called around to a number of other Utah dealers up north and south. Same thing. No transparency on if I switch, do I go to back of line with you or no?? They all seem to be playing the same game of we're not telling you where you fall though your a committed buyer that will result in converted order.

I'm at a point where I'll likely transfer to another dealership given experience, just need to find one that cares enough locally to switch to.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have you settled on price at this point with them? MSRP?? Would like to justify a road trip. Price being an obvious factor, but also competency and people since I loathe the car buying experience for the most part.
Sponsored