Sponsored

Larry H Miller Super Ford (Salt Lake City)

Rovertbee

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went through the same issues earlier this year. LHM was non-committal on pricing and ADM (though they did say they're marking FE's up $2k from MSRP), Ken Garff committed to MSRP, nothing lower. To me, it's worth the trip to Granger, IA. I switched my reservation months ago and have been happy ever since. Saving about $4000 on my build with Granger's deal, plus they know as much about the Bronco as this forum does. That more than covers my plane ticket, and I'm making a fun road trip on the way home. Best of luck to all of you.
Sponsored

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tip for those in sales....Listen! Stop talking!

I'm at a point where I'll likely transfer to another dealership given experience, just need to find one that cares enough locally to switch to.
I went through all this when I bought my truck. I talked to several Utah Ford dealers and nobody had what I was looking for (it is a rare combo) or was willing to deal on ordering one, so they spent their time trying to convince me I didn't want what I wanted.

In the end I found what I wanted in a no nonsense dealer in Dallas.

Did the deal all through text with no surprises. I had an upcoming business meeting in Dallas anyway and they even sent a car to pick me up from the office and take me to dealership.

It was a great purchase experience and really fun to drive my new truck back home. So great in fact that I had zero hesitation to reserve with Granger.

There is no advantage to buying locally from a mega-dealer in my opinion. They service it no matter where you bought it and wouldn't remember you even if you did buy it there.

The only advantage is logistics when you pick it up but part of the reason I am buying the Bronco is to see the country. So for me it is actually a bonus to buy in Iowa where I have never been. Wifey will come with me, I'll take a few days off work and we can road trip home.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went through the same issues earlier this year. LHM was non-committal on pricing and ADM (though they did say they're marking FE's up $2k from MSRP), Ken Garff committed to MSRP, nothing lower. To me, it's worth the trip to Granger, IA. I switched my reservation months ago and have been happy ever since. Saving about $4000 on my build with Granger's deal, plus they know as much about the Bronco as this forum does. That more than covers my plane ticket, and I'm making a fun road trip on the way home. Best of luck to all of you.
I went through all this when I bought my truck. I talked to several Utah Ford dealers and nobody had what I was looking for (it is a rare combo) or was willing to deal on ordering one, so they spent their time trying to convince me I didn't want what I wanted.

In the end I found what I wanted in a no nonsense dealer in Dallas.

Did the deal all through text with no surprises. I had an upcoming business meeting in Dallas anyway and they even sent a car to pick me up from the office and take me to dealership.

It was a great purchase experience and really fun to drive my new truck back home. So great in fact that I had zero hesitation to reserve with Granger.

There is no advantage to buying locally from a mega-dealer in my opinion. They service it no matter where you bought it and wouldn't remember you even if you did buy it there.

The only advantage is logistics when you pick it up but part of the reason I am buying the Bronco is to see the country. So for me it is actually a bonus to buy in Iowa where I have never been. Wifey will come with me, I'll take a few days off work and we can road trip home.
Good times. Making Bronco memories!

I considered the out of state options along the way, but felt I was in good shape with X Plan. Once that was stripped, guess I got a little lazy(though my time spent reading this forum is no indication) :) Now it feels like I'm scrambling to find a dealer I can trust. Should've went with the safety in numbers approach and Granger I guess.

Enjoy the road trips!!

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Have you settled on price at this point with them? MSRP?? Would like to justify a road trip. Price being an obvious factor, but also competency and people since I loathe the car buying experience for the most part.
Buy from Granger and it will justify the road trip (even though road trips don't need to be financially justified as it is its own reward!) AND you will enjoy as stress free car buying experience.

I've never bought from them but have from other straight up dealers and it is night and day.

They say what they can do, you take it or leave it and the deal is done. With the Bronco you know exactly what the price will be already with Granger's deal.

None of the high pressure psychological warfare to squeeze that extra $1,000 buck out of you.

It's more like buying a pair of pants. Walk in with cash (or signature) and walk out with pants.

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good times. Making Bronco memories!

I considered the out of state options along the way, but felt I was in good shape with X Plan. Once that was stripped, guess I got a little lazy(though my time spent reading this forum is no indication) :) Now it feels like I'm scrambling to find a dealer I can trust. Should've went with the safety in numbers approach and Granger I guess.

Enjoy the road trips!!

Thank you and best of luck to you as well whichever route you go!

Sponsored

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you settled on price at this point with them? MSRP?? Would like to justify a road trip. Price being an obvious factor, but also competency and people since I loathe the car buying experience for the most part.
yeah its MSRP but to be honest i could care less. I would rather give my money to a delaership that cares about me and what i want rather than just another number on the board. They are really nice up at lithia ford in Idaho falls. My mom bought a 2020 Explorer ST from them and saved like $8000 compared to here in Utah where she would have been charged MSRP. They are just a better dealer and not a bunch of slime buckets.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Buy from Granger and it will justify the road trip (even though road trips don't need to be financially justified as it is its own reward!) AND you will enjoy as stress free car buying experience.

I've never bought from them but have from other straight up dealers and it is night and day.

They say what they can do, you take it or leave it and the deal is done. With the Bronco you know exactly what the price will be already with Granger's deal.

None of the high pressure psychological warfare to squeeze that extra $1,000 buck out of you.

It's more like buying a pair of pants. Walk in with cash (or signature) and walk out with pants.
LOL! My kind of transaction!

OP
OP

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have not yet received an update from the dealership, but I did receive the attached email from Ford corporate, so it looks like my order has been fully submitted now ?‍♂

4C487351-FD4A-4843-A425-798D493E5740.jpeg

OP
OP

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have not yet received an update from the dealership, but I did receive the attached email from Ford corporate, so it looks like my order has been fully submitted now ?‍♂

Ford Bronco Larry H Miller Super Ford (Salt Lake City) 4C487351-FD4A-4843-A425-798D493E5740
I particularly like LIGHTINING blue

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Larry H Miller Super Ford (Salt Lake City) 4C487351-FD4A-4843-A425-798D493E5740
Ya.... somebody's afraid to make that call. Maybe converting customer reservations to orders w/o consent is their "New Normal"

Sponsored

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ya.... somebody's afraid to make that call. Maybe converting customer reservations to orders w/o consent is their "New Normal"
"Gotta lock 'em in before we talk pricing!" - LHM sales manager (probably)

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I live in south Jordan and have never had a good experience with lhm Draper. Even when I went I. Early to see if they had paint samples or just to see if they knew anything they were dumber than a box of rocks! All I can say for us Utah buyers is never use lhm! They are terrible. My reservation is up in Idaho at lithia Ford. Awesome people up there and have zero problems with them. Have been taking to the general manager the whole time about the bronco!
A rebel in Utah? How refreshing!

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah just call them and tell them what you want to pay for it and to send you documentation to that affect. If not you should be on the phone with Ford.....There is another thread where their rep is now getting involved due to dealers doing this.