Sponsored

LAST CALL: Badlands 33” vs. 35” (Pros & Cons) Worth the upgrade to 35” tires?

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm still torn between the 33" Badlands, and the WIldtrak.

Know what I don't need? 35" tires. Know what I need even less? The swaybar disconnect, the Modular/steel bumpers, and the heavy duty bash plate.

At least on the WT, I don't have to pay for the roof. They're priced remarkably similarly - with the Sasquatch essentially coming "free" on the WT once you add the optional rims to the Badlands.

And if I step down to the OBX, I get the 32" wheels (which DO look too small on the 4-door) and I'd need to upgrade to leather in that model.

I may never decide. :confused:
Do you need the lux/high package and signature led's? If not, consider the Black Diamond Sasquatch (for the look) and save 3-5k.
Sponsored

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you need the lux/high package and signature led's? If not, consider the Black Diamond Sasquatch (for the look) and save 3-5k.
Regrettably, I do. For all the same reasons I don't need all the hardware referenced above: I'm soft. :cool:

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I stay with the standard wheels and tires without sasquatch then the Lux package becomes affordable. I am pretty much set on the BL but reduced weight and sport mode on WT has had me thinking. To me the standard wheels look good on the BL in AMB. Not so much with other colors I am interested in. If I went with the optional wheels and MT tyres then I may as well go sasquatch. Budget blown if I still want Lux.

So I have pretty much talked in circles and welcome to my mind. It makes sense to get a BL without Squatch. I don't think you need it and 33" looks great in that wheel well. Almost like the BL with 33" was the Bronco from which the others were born. If the optional non squatch wheels were standard then I would only be down to color.

The 35" tires will fit and that's easier to add than anything on the Lux package list. It's only money later on down the road. So in a round about way I say go 33". I think I have to go that route to justify my Lux infatuation.

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If I stay with the standard wheels and tires without sasquatch then the Lux package becomes affordable. I am pretty much set on the BL but reduced weight and sport mode on WT has had me thinking. To me the standard wheels look good on the BL in AMB. Not so much with other colors I am interested in. If I went with the optional wheels and MT tyres then I may as well go sasquatch. Budget blown if I still want Lux.

So I have pretty much talked in circles and welcome to my mind. It makes sense to get a BL without Squatch. I don't think you need it and 33" looks great in that wheel well. Almost like the BL with 33" was the Bronco from which the others were born. If the optional non squatch wheels were standard then I would only be down to color.

The 35" tires will fit and that's easier to add than anything on the Lux package list. It's only money later on down the road. So in a round about way I say go 33". I think I have to go that route to justify my Lux infatuation.
You and I are more alike than you know.

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WT + Lux = $54,560
BL + Hard Top + Optional Rims + 2.7L + Lux = $54,755

So you are essentially getting Squatch for "free" on the WT. (Yes, I know it's not free, and you're losing the value of the 33s - but you get my point.)

If you wanted Squatch on the BL, it's another $1500 to add it to the build above (once you subtract the $995 optional wheels from the BL build above).

I think the WT with the $1895 painted roof discount is hard to pass up if you can stomach the Interior.

For almost $2K, it's growing on me . . .

ETA: And at least I'll get to try out 35s, even if I drop to 33s when they wear out. I'll never use the disconnect, bash plate, steel bumpers, etc.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So if I go with BFG 33” on the bead lock ready wheels if I want to add 35s later what else would I needed match Sasquatch?

high clearance fenders, bump stops to limit wheel travel? Anything else?
you will probably need to replace the wheels. Going from 285 to 315 width tires would cause clearance issues. This is why the Sasquatch wheels have a larger offset(probably half an inch or so.)

Washbjj88

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you will probably need to replace the wheels. Going from 285 to 315 width tires would cause clearance issues. This is why the Sasquatch wheels have a larger offset(probably half an inch or so.)
Unfortunately some other members enlighten me on this topic a few weeks ago. I’m a little disappointed it will be more intensive and expensive then I thought. And the reality is by the time I want to change to 35” I will probably want an aftermarket suspension lift/level making everything complicated. After seeing Sema Bronco build it might be easier than I think.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Been trying to decide on 4.46 or 4.7 with BL. I know this has been discussed a bunch, but why do it if you don't plan to go with larger tires? Isn't the 4.46 optimized for BL with 33s? Curious to know as this isn't my area of expertise and I feel like I need more information to make a decision on gearing. All the info I've seen and read so far has either been too technical (math isn't my forte) or not definitive enough.
Nobody ever wished they had smaller gears! With the 10A tranny, I’m sure the main drawback to larger gear(higher highway RPMs) will be negligible.

nastyMAC

Badlands
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW gli
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it comes down to personal preference, but after seeing this picture and how much higher the 33" sit over the 4Runner, which is already a really really tall vehicle, I am content with the 33's

2021-ford-bronco-badlands-cyber-orange-9-jpg.jpg
Will 35's fit to non SaS BL?

Jak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was stuck between 33s and 35s, which for me, essentially means sas vs non-sas. Love the look of the 35s but was worried about highway manners.

A couple of weeks ago, I talked to one of Ford testers about the highway ride of Sasquatch and he said to not even think about it - the difference is barely noticeable. Decision made.

I also asked him about 2dr vs 4dr ride quality, and he said the obvious difference is that the 2 dr will bounce a bit on wash board dirt roads.

The guys at the events are great, very patient and helpful.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I recently upgraded my wheels and tires and went with a 285/75/17 Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT,
NICE! I circled that tire as well, 275/75/r18 (33.2x11.1). Glad you like them! I was concerned too about the E rating, but everything I am reading for these tires is consistent with what you said - unnoticeable sound/comfort over stock tires, and 1-2 mpg drop. I may go for a Fox 2.0 or Bilstein adjustable leveling kit on the OBX (front only) and set it to either the 1st or 2nd setting (0.7 - 1.4" lift), and leave the rear stock. What are your thoughts on a front lift ONLY with no rears on a standard duty Bronco suspension?

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just putting this out there...if anyone’s thinking of changing out their BL rims/tires when they get their bronco, I might be interested in buying them. I like the rims on the BL, just can’t afford to order that trim level.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will 35's fit to non SaS BL?
I've been trying to get a clear answer to this question as well and it doesn't seem to exist. I'm guessing 35's(or 315's) will fit a non Sas Badlands but not with the regular badlands wheels. You'll need the wider wheel with the correct offset to bump out the wheel and tire to prevent rubbing. Then there is a front crash bar you may need to unbolt to make room, but that is still unclear. Good thing is it looks simple to do.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just putting this out there...if anyone’s thinking of changing out their BL rims/tires when they get their bronco, I might be interested in buying them. I like the rims on the BL, just can’t afford to order that trim level.
You’re better off checking in the regional forums. I’m trying to sell mine locally. Shipping is awful on wheels and tires.
Sponsored