LAST CALL: Badlands 33” vs. 35” (Pros & Cons) Worth the upgrade to 35” tires?

damarble

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Sport Trac, 13 Edge, 09 Focus, 07 Explorer
Clubs

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette, Acura RL, H-D FLHTC
100% they're beadlock capable. It's also $750+ per wheel to add beadlock rings to stock Raptor wheels. Hot damn.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-1007-W1785B
But that's for the whole kit - *wheel* and beadlock ring. If the wheels are already beadlock capable the rings can be had for under $200, depending on retailer (still not cheap). But to compare apples to apples (Ford Performance Parts) they are $216/ea here:
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-1021-F15RB

If someone options the Beadlock capable wheels on their Bronco order they wouldn't need to also buy the wheels, just the rings.

Edit: Ah, I see this was already replied to, sorry.

OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD EXPLORER, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Clubs

I really like the 33 with optional Rims/ MT tires. Most people will not be able the tell the difference between 35” and those 33 set-up. The first image is the 35” and the following are 33” with set-up.
28ED562F-404A-45B3-B3F4-5A8679A6E571.jpeg
3365483F-969B-4AF4-9DCA-3EC06DE5CFB2.jpeg
34A4DFB8-7B82-4922-8413-5FE7570125F0.jpeg

BobRandall

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer
Here is the set-up you are looking at. I also saw that video on the tires. Super cool.
D15AE7D3-A820-4442-ACD9-6DE46E2D9BBB.jpeg
Just to be clear, these are upgraded 33's with the upgraded rims? Which tires are the ones in the picture? They really do match the size of the truck well. I am also torn between 33's and 35's, but in reality 33's like the ones pictured here will do me just fine. They look great!

OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD EXPLORER, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Clubs

Just to be clear, these are upgraded 33's with the upgraded rims? Which tires are the ones in the picture? They really do match the size of the truck well. I am also torn between 33's and 35's, but in reality 33's like the ones pictured here will do me just fine. They look great!
Agreed. These are the $695 33” option tires for badlands only. In addition to the optional $1,000 rims. Still ends up being about $900 less then 35” wheels and rims which I do not really like.

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RC 350 F-Sport
Clubs

I'm really wanting the upgraded badlands wheels with the 33inch KO2's. I wish I could see a pic or get another confirmation that Ford will allow this (the b&p allows it).

Zeke013

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco on order
I'm really wanting the upgraded badlands wheels with the 33inch KO2's. I wish I could see a pic or get another confirmation that Ford will allow this (the b&p allows it).
I'm still torn between the 33" Badlands, and the WIldtrak.

Know what I don't need? 35" tires. Know what I need even less? The swaybar disconnect, the Modular/steel bumpers, and the heavy duty bash plate.

At least on the WT, I don't have to pay for the roof. They're priced remarkably similarly - with the Sasquatch essentially coming "free" on the WT once you add the optional rims to the Badlands.

And if I step down to the OBX, I get the 32" wheels (which DO look too small on the 4-door) and I'd need to upgrade to leather in that model.

I may never decide. :confused:

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RC 350 F-Sport
Clubs

I'm still torn between the 33" Badlands, and the WIldtrak.

Know what I don't need? 35" tires. Know what I need even less? The swaybar disconnect, the Modular/steel bumpers, and the heavy duty bash plate.

At least on the WT, I don't have to pay for the roof. They're priced remarkably similarly - with the Sasquatch essentially coming "free" on the WT once you add the optional rims to the Badlands.

And if I step down to the OBX, I get the 32" wheels (which DO look too small on the 4-door) and I'd need to upgrade to leather in that model.

I may never decide. :confused:
Do you need the lux/high package and signature led's? If not, consider the Black Diamond Sasquatch (for the look) and save 3-5k.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
If I stay with the standard wheels and tires without sasquatch then the Lux package becomes affordable. I am pretty much set on the BL but reduced weight and sport mode on WT has had me thinking. To me the standard wheels look good on the BL in AMB. Not so much with other colors I am interested in. If I went with the optional wheels and MT tyres then I may as well go sasquatch. Budget blown if I still want Lux.

So I have pretty much talked in circles and welcome to my mind. It makes sense to get a BL without Squatch. I don't think you need it and 33" looks great in that wheel well. Almost like the BL with 33" was the Bronco from which the others were born. If the optional non squatch wheels were standard then I would only be down to color.

The 35" tires will fit and that's easier to add than anything on the Lux package list. It's only money later on down the road. So in a round about way I say go 33". I think I have to go that route to justify my Lux infatuation.

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RC 350 F-Sport
Clubs

If I stay with the standard wheels and tires without sasquatch then the Lux package becomes affordable. I am pretty much set on the BL but reduced weight and sport mode on WT has had me thinking. To me the standard wheels look good on the BL in AMB. Not so much with other colors I am interested in. If I went with the optional wheels and MT tyres then I may as well go sasquatch. Budget blown if I still want Lux.

So I have pretty much talked in circles and welcome to my mind. It makes sense to get a BL without Squatch. I don't think you need it and 33" looks great in that wheel well. Almost like the BL with 33" was the Bronco from which the others were born. If the optional non squatch wheels were standard then I would only be down to color.

The 35" tires will fit and that's easier to add than anything on the Lux package list. It's only money later on down the road. So in a round about way I say go 33". I think I have to go that route to justify my Lux infatuation.
You and I are more alike than you know.

Zeke013

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco on order
WT + Lux = $54,560
BL + Hard Top + Optional Rims + 2.7L + Lux = $54,755

So you are essentially getting Squatch for "free" on the WT. (Yes, I know it's not free, and you're losing the value of the 33s - but you get my point.)

If you wanted Squatch on the BL, it's another $1500 to add it to the build above (once you subtract the $995 optional wheels from the BL build above).

I think the WT with the $1895 painted roof discount is hard to pass up if you can stomach the Interior.

For almost $2K, it's growing on me . . .

ETA: And at least I'll get to try out 35s, even if I drop to 33s when they wear out. I'll never use the disconnect, bash plate, steel bumpers, etc.

Last edited:

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne, Jeep Rubicon
So if I go with BFG 33” on the bead lock ready wheels if I want to add 35s later what else would I needed match Sasquatch?

high clearance fenders, bump stops to limit wheel travel? Anything else?
you will probably need to replace the wheels. Going from 285 to 315 width tires would cause clearance issues. This is why the Sasquatch wheels have a larger offset(probably half an inch or so.)

Advertisement

Advertisement